Mike Dolce

Dude must have lost a lot of weight...

Well, he certainly has some power because Prince McLean got KTFO.

It said he pulled 705, benched 535, and squatted 840. Pretty solid for a 275, looks like he competed in AAU so those were single ply. He apparently is the S&C coach for Team Quest and an IFL team, too.

Is it me of does he look bigger now? I noticed a difference when I saw him on TUF.

He looks bigger on TUF than he did in IFL. Could be me who knows. Unless its the cameras or something.

Oh. I wasn't sure what your point of comparison was. I think he fought at 170 for those IFL fights and the TUF guys are competing at 185, so yes, he's put some weight on.

Dude lost serious size. In those UFC pictures it looks like he's barely touched a weight in his life.

Well, he certainly has some power because Prince McLean got KTFO.

I'm interested to see how Dolce will do. I haven't seen him fight before, but I want to see if his great strength will be an asset to him.

That UFC.com profile said the following:

Recently, Dolce, a former 275 lbs. power lifter, has bench pressed 535 lbs, dead lifted 705 lbs and squatted 840 lbs.

Now grammatically speaking, that sentence could read as follows:

Recently, Dolce has bench pressed 535 lbs, dead lifted 705 lbs and squatted 840 lbs

Now I'm thinking that's just poor grammar, but just to make sure: Are those his personal bests or did he really accomplish that recently?

Now I'm thinking that's just poor grammar, but just to make sure: Are those his personal bests or did he really accomplish that recently?

Personal bests. He did those when he weighed 90+lbs more than he does now.

Those are all time bests at 275 pounds.

Are you sure it's the same guy? Cutting from 275 to 185 would be tremendously hard I think. Unless it was all fat or close to it.

I assume it has to be when he was 275. Putting those numbers up and making 185 would be INSANE

I've met the guy. I cannot imagine Mike Dolce at 275.

Not that he isn't a tank at 185, I also found it amazing he could make 170 and I bet he had a hell of a time with it (which may have led to his problems in the IFL).

He's also a pretty cool guy so I'm pulling for him even though there isn't really a chance in hell of him winning.

If I was in the house, I'd probably end up talking to him about how bad property tax assessments are done. It would make for a very boring episode.

Back