Social Mika "Karen" Brzezynski wants "President Tump" banned from Twitter

At first I just thought it had to do with non-minority women ratting out minorities for performing innocent activities which may or may not be a violation of local statutes.
that's bbq becky

giphy.gif

That's a shot at her lapdog husband. She doesn't want her last name changed to Scarborough, but wants her first name changed to Karen.

Gotta love the arrogance. Like she believes she's the one that will show Twitter the light, and get that awful,awful orange man off the platform, as if Twitter hasn't already seen his tweets and deemed him a VIP.

I think she is calling out a perpetual lair which is something we should all be doing. Good for her to not have become numb to all the bullshit and actually following her moral campus.

I guess I’m just used to the meme being used against the right.

The Kareona virus doesn’t discriminate based on political party. It just spreads from one angry, entitled woman to another.

It was all fun and games for her and her cold case husband when they were implementing dat Pied Piper strategy by having Trump on daily during the campaign though wasn't it.

What do you mean by this?

I can start calling people :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s and :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s on twitter without getting banned?

There's a whole bunch of platforms where people can post whatever they want. Big part of why they're unpopular is because they're hub for racism/homophobia etc.

I'm hardly one to defend corporate entities but forcing companies to destroy their product so people can use their free platform to spew racist rhetoric is nuts.

On the other hand I really fucking hate twitter...

Really though the main reason i'm pro public platforms banning whoever they want is that I have no sympathy for the people getting banned.

I don't think there is anything more first world problem than the "plight" of the banned from a free public forum victim.

Basically they give people a free service and the only condition is you obey the terms of service.

You're not a paying customer.

They're whinging about getting banned from a free public forum even though there are hundreds of other free forums that you will never get banned from... because they're not as popular?

I don't think you can get more entitled.

Sure they sell shit and use your info for money. But it's fucking free!

If I said i'd mow your lawns for life for free and the only condition is that you never watered or fed the garden that's a pretty sweet deal...

You wouldn't feel sorry for the person who broke the agreement right? That would be crazy.

This is 50 free mowing services, some of which have no strings attached and you're winging about me not wanting to mow your lawns because you broke our agreement even though there are dozens of other free services...

When it comes to the plights of a group of people I think the only group i'm less sympathetic to is the plight of incarcerated pedophiles.
I'm speaking within a very American context and I don't expect non Americans to agree or understand. But these companies are based in America, the CEOs are American, a lot of the customers are American, and we have 1st Amendment protections and we shouldn't have our rights to the modern day public square infringed upon. This is why Trump and other public figures have been blocked by courts in the US from blocking people on social media. They're being denied their right to hear from their leaders and to give them feedback. I'm not saying this is right for Australian society or Australian companies, but it is right for American society and companies.

I'm speaking within a very American context and I don't expect non Americans to agree or understand. But these companies are based in America, the CEOs are American, a lot of the customers are American, and we have 1st Amendment protections and we shouldn't have our rights to the modern day public square infringed upon. This is why Trump and other public figures have been blocked by courts in the US from blocking people on social media. They're being denied their right to hear from their leaders and to give them feedback. I'm not saying this is right for Australian society or Australian companies, but it is right for American society and companies.

They're not denied to give their leaders feedback. That's just some straight up BS.

They're being denied from a service they didn't pay for where there are dozens if not hundreds of alternatives.

That is not limiting their freedom of speech.

I understand the whole free spech thing, It seems like a lot of you Americans who struggle to understand the whole free speech thing. It's kinda like how a lot of Americans shout freedom without realizing they're really not that free a society

Freedom of speech is protection from the Government.

Freedom of speech is not protection from your own actions.

If I let you use my megaphone and you started shouting gas the jews with it, I'm perfectly within my right to take my megaphone from your racist ass.

I'm not infringing your speech i'm just taking away MY platform.

Completely different and you kinda know it don't you?

Back