Media Mighty Mouse Reacts to Ariel vs Paddy

Paddy acted like he "SHOULD" be paid to do Ariels show, even though he's the one that reached out.
Ariel has never paid anybody, not even Conor...so who the fuck does Paddy think he is?

Then he publicly berates Ariel for not paying him, calling him all kinds of names just because Dana was there?

That's a shitbag move.
Not only that, but Paddy has never paid anyone to do his show...not even Mighty Mouse, who is one of the greatest to ever do the damn thing?

So he asks a guy for money that has never paid anyone to do his show, knowing he wasn't going to get it just to set him on fire publicly?
Fuck that kid sir, that was a fucked up thing to do is all.

No disrespect to you though, that's how I see it.

Yeh, I don't like the way Paddy blew up about it. Like I said, in my field, this sort of thing is normally, but I'd never work again with anyone who did what Paddy did. I'd be reluctant to work with someone like Ariel considering the way he handled it too, though.

I can see why Ariel is pissed off and did his reply video. I just don't like the way he was saying he doesn't pay so no other media outlet does either.

And I don't think Paddy was deliberately setting out to start shit with Ariel either. Going from those msgs that Ariel read out, it was pretty obviously two very thin-skinned, egoistical people butting heads, and I'm talking about Ariel and Paddy's manager here.

Shit got back to Paddy and you can see how these people all started tripping over themselves.

Yeh, I don't like the way Paddy blew up about it. Like I said, in my field, this sort of thing is normally, but I'd never work again with anyone who did what Paddy did. I'd be reluctant to work with someone like Ariel considering the way he handled it too, though.

I can see why Ariel is pissed off and did his reply video. I just don't like the way he was saying he doesn't pay so no other media outlet does either.

And I don't think Paddy was deliberately setting out to start shit with Ariel either. Going from those msgs that Ariel read out, it was pretty obviously two very thin-skinned, egoistical people butting heads, and I'm talking about Ariel and Paddy's manager here.

Shit got back to Paddy and you can see how these people all started tripping over themselves.

I agree with everything you said here, except that Ariel never said "he doesn't pay so no other media outlet does either".

I don't recall him saying that part sir.

I agree with everything you said here, except that Ariel never said "he doesn't pay so no other media outlet does either".

I don't recall him saying that part sir.

It's from 45:25 onwards. He reads the msg from the manager saying Paddy has other paying offers and Ariel goes "They don't do that. I don't do that."

He reads the msg about the manager saying he didn't ask Ariel to pay, but for BT to pay. Ariel then goes on to say that him going to BT and asking for them to pay for the media spot would be unethical.

This isn't unethical though. People get paid for interviews all the time. If a media outlet can get something for free, of course they will, but don't think they don't have a budget set aside for exactly this sort of stuff.

The part about Paddy setting up the media spot and then backing out for better paying offers is what really surprises me though. Different industry, but I do this at least once a month to people. It's totally normal in my field though.

With me, half the time I end up doing work with those people I fucked around a few months later anyway lol. Meanwhile, Paddy and Ariel go to war haha.

It's from 45:25 onwards. He reads the msg from the manager saying Paddy has other paying offers and Ariel goes "They don't do that. I don't do that."

He reads the msg about the manager saying he didn't ask Ariel to pay, but for BT to pay. Ariel then goes on to say that him going to BT and asking for them to pay for the media spot would be unethical.

This isn't unethical though. People get paid for interviews all the time. If a media outlet can get something for free, of course they will, but don't think they don't have a budget set aside for exactly this sort of stuff.

The part about Paddy setting up the media spot and then backing out for better paying offers is what really surprises me though. Different industry, but I do this at least once a month to people. It's totally normal in my field though.

With me, half the time I end up doing work with those people I fucked around a few months later anyway lol. Meanwhile, Paddy and Ariel go to war haha.

For hom it would be unethical because he never pays people is what it seemed like he meant.
Either way Paddy didn't need lie and talk shit publicly.

I know what you mean though, still think it was unnecessary.

Ariel feeling insulted because Paddy's manager said Paddy has paid offers and they have to prioritize them over Ariel's free work is stupid.

It's pretty basic stuff. If paying work comes up of course you prioritize it. It's not an insult to explain to someone lol.

I guess you missed the part when paddy ASK Ariel to do something. Ariel never contacted Paddy first. Also like Ariel said that no fighter ever asked to be paid . Even the most famous ones. Paddy thinks he's not replaceable lol

Calisto Protocol looks insane, wonder if it will run on my PC <TheWire1>

I guess you missed the part when paddy ASK Ariel to do something. Ariel never contacted Paddy first. Also like Ariel said that no fighter ever asked to be paid . Even the most famous ones. Paddy thinks he's not replaceable lol

No, I caught that part.

Just seemed weird to me as I've done pretty much the exact same thing in my own field countless times, and then worked for that group later anyway. Just seems so normal to me.

There's also plenty of journalism where this sort of thing is paid for. It's not always free, two-exposure.

lol this is such BS, Ariel interviews fighters for a living so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that 99% of the time when a fighter hit him up with "I'm gonna be in town lets do something" they mean set up an in studio interview, if that wasn't the case this time he could had simply corrected Ariel but instead he sent him to his manager who instead of just saying "sorry we are booked during your show" he says they have "Pay gigs" when Ariel mentions doing something with BT when they come back home he again mentions payment.

If their defense is gonna be "I just wanted to be Ariel's friend but he was using me for clout" then I would say doen't even fucking bother.

He literally read out what the manager said, and the msg was polite enough explaining that they're taking the paid stuff. Ariel immediately got pissy over not getting something that he would have gotten for free.

Then he goes on to say that he told the manager "They don't do that. I don't do that." in regards to getting paid by media, but that's bullshit too. Plenty of media outlets pay for this sort of shit. Them not paying is not established at all, even if it is the norm.
The guy requested to go on, Ariel accommodates and Paddy and his manager are wankers about it plain and simple. Plus Paddy is the one that came off like a disgruntled ex talking shit publicly.

The guy requested to go on, Ariel accommodates and Paddy and his manager are wankers about it plain and simple. Plus Paddy is the one that came off like a disgruntled ex talking shit publicly.
What's funny is that Ariel never mentioned their names or anything, no one knew about the texts and voice notes until this week, he just asked another podcaster if he pays his guests and Paddy's dumb ass manager decides to post a message on twitter telling fighters to get paid for interviews, people put 2 and 2 together and rightfully gave paddy shit.

Yeh, the way it played it totally normal to me lol.

I think they all handled it poorly, Paddy worst of all.

Paddy's manager doesn't seem too bright either. Ariel does better numbers than most. Even trying to get BT to pay, wouldn't you just play nice and go for a civil resolution even when that didn't work? Why the fuck would you potentially burn bridges with one of the biggest media guys?

Paddy acted like he "SHOULD" be paid to do Ariels show, even though he's the one that reached out.
Ariel has never paid anybody, not even Conor...so who the fuck does Paddy think he is?

Then he publicly berates Ariel for not paying him, calling him all kinds of names just because Dana was there?

That's a shitbag move.
Not only that, but Paddy has never paid anyone to do his show...not even Mighty Mouse, who is one of the greatest to ever do the damn thing?

So he asks a guy for money that has never paid anyone to do his show, knowing he wasn't going to get it just to set him on fire publicly?
Fuck that kid sir, that was a fucked up thing to do is all.

No disrespect to you though, that's how I see it.

“Slimiest most scummy rat cunt maggot” were some of the choice words used. And he wonders why Ariel took offence and had to make that response video

Can’t wait for Brendan Schaub to recycle this story as his own in the coming days.

One of the worst things that Ariel mentioned is how someone, obviously Dana, told BT Sport not to let him cover MMA for them and tried the same thing with ESPN. Absolute scum bag move, not surprisingly though.

DJ stating the truth, what's obvious and common sense - Paddy was just blowing Dana while fondling his balls talking all that complete BS. I like Paddy, I get it, but damn.

“Slimiest most scummy rat cunt maggot” were some of the choice words used. And he wonders why Ariel took offence and had to make that response video

Yeah, he thinks he's special and can say anything he wants without repercussions.

Back