Media Mighty Mouse Reacts to Ariel vs Paddy

What’s funny is, like Dana, I hadn’t seen Ariel Helwani in my feed for the past year.. UNTIL THIS HAPPENED.

Paddy and Dana gave Ariel more exposure than if Paddy had just done the interview, while making themselves look bad.

the best part was when he pulled Paddy's voice message

Ariel feeling insulted because Paddy's manager said Paddy has paid offers and they have to prioritize them over Ariel's free work is stupid.

It's pretty basic stuff. If paying work comes up of course you prioritize it. It's not an insult to explain to someone lol.

If anyone really wants to know why they(media) wont pay to go on, Ben Fowlkes went thru it on his Podcast.. (Its not groundbreaking stuff though.) I have no idea why Fowlkes hasnt got a bigger following nowadays, I used to love him on Junkie, probably because of this whole The Athletic debacle though.

I hope he doesn't get mad at me for linking to an unlisted episode though.. its timestamped and ready. Maybe it can gain him a follower or two.
Co-Main Event Podcast:

Last edited:
Ariel feeling insulted because Paddy's manager said Paddy has paid offers and they have to prioritize them over Ariel's free work is stupid.

It's pretty basic stuff. If paying work comes up of course you prioritize it. It's not an insult to explain to someone lol.
Ariel wasn't insulted because Paddy's manager wanted to prioritize paid interviews, he was simply saying that Paddy contacted him saying he'd be down to do something. Paddy's team then said they would come if Ariel could get BT Sport to pay for an interview. Ariel's point is that no one pays for interviews. This is well established within the field of journalism. Paddy's manager is in business with the UFC (Cage Warriors, Fight Pass). Seems like paid/approved interviews are a great way to control the narrative. Paddy could be playing the political game to get bigger pay days. Still, why trash Ariel publicly? Dana ate that up like captain crunch.

Last edited:
Ariel wasn't insulted because Paddy's manager wanted to prioritize paid interviews, he was simply saying that Paddy contacted him saying he'd be down to do something. Paddy's team then said they would come if Ariel could get BT Sport to pay for an interview. Ariel's point is that no one pays for interviews. This is well established within the field of journalism.

He literally read out what the manager said, and the msg was polite enough explaining that they're taking the paid stuff. Ariel immediately got pissy over not getting something that he would have gotten for free.

Then he goes on to say that he told the manager "They don't do that. I don't do that." in regards to getting paid by media, but that's bullshit too. Plenty of media outlets pay for this sort of shit. Them not paying is not established at all, even if it is the norm.

He literally read out what the manager said, and the msg was polite enough explaining that they're taking the paid stuff. Ariel immediately got pissy over not getting something that he would have gotten for free.

Then he goes on to say that he told the manager "They don't do that. I don't do that." in regards to getting paid by media, but that's bullshit too. Plenty of media outlets pay for this sort of shit. Them not paying is not established at all, even if it is the norm.
Well that's certainly a way to look at all this

Well that's certainly a way to look at all this

Hey, I'm not saying Paddy and his manager are totally in the right about that one thing, just that Ariel is certainly blowing that one thing right out.

But Ariel choosing to latch onto that paid stuff and acting like no one ever charges was silly. He knows full well lots of outlets pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back