Miesha's statement on Rousey Vs Holm

So you think RR should fight a 1-0 fighter instead of Meisha, who is on a four fight winning streak against ranked opponents?

Miesha is 0-2 against rousey, I don't care how many fights she won in a row, she simply can't beat rousey and it's not even close

And since then she has beat McCann and Eye, one ranked top 5, one ranked top 10.
Ronda will have 2 unranked title defenses in a row now.

Doesn't matter. Ronda has dominated get twice and as long as she's champion, Tate has no business in the cage with her

Next time she sees Dana, she can stares him down intensely and asks him: "Where is my damn title shot?".

Joke asides. Ronda is the hottest thing right now. She's trending everywhere. So is normal a third match with Miesha doesn't seem appealing to the UFC. Casual viewers and new fans would say: wait a min, didn't she beat her twice already? Is this all the division has to offer?
And anyways, Ronda had already this planned since the Cat bout. During the post fight interview with Rogan, she was already aiming at Bethe and Holm.

Last edited:
Personally I think its better for her career if she doesn't fight Ronda again yet. With a 3rd loss where does she go? She'd never get another shot. Of course UFC handled it badly, but I think it works out in her favor in the end.

this is a good point, and i think the direction they should go with rousey. from now on she should ONLY fight undefeated fighters. 9-0, 5-0, 3-0, even 1-0. just give her fighters who haven't lost before

You're right, giving her someone she finished twice already is better than giving her someone who is 9-0 in MMA and the consensus P4P greatest female boxer ever. Because the latter is clearly the same as some "3-0, even 1-0" can.

Holm has beaten 0 top 10 fighters in the ufc

Bethe has beaten 0 top 10 fighters in the ufc

HERE IS YOUR TITLE SHOT BETHE
HERE IS YOUR TITLE SHOT HOLLY

any other fighters who dont deserve title shots want one?

HI do you want a title shot?

UFC is a joke

Sorry but all these crocodile tears for poor Miesha, I don't see it. She's had 2 chances and in both cases got her doors blown off and her arm snatched. This isn't the first "promise" Dana/UFC has made and reneg'd on, it's the fight business, shit happens. Go beat Nunes or Cyborg then you'll get another chance in the meantime I could give zero fucks about her being passed over, in fact I'm glad RR/Tate III was a joke anyway

"Shit happens" is a car crash, an injury, a sickness, a death in the family--it is not.."uh..I changed my mind"

Personally I think its better for her career if she doesn't fight Ronda again yet. With a 3rd loss where does she go? She'd never get another shot. Of course UFC handled it badly, but I think it works out in her favor in the end.

Agreed, sucks the way it went down, but I think it helps her in the end. She had better get prepared, because the next shot at Ronda is probably her last.

And since then she has beat McCann and Eye, one ranked top 5, one ranked top 10.
Ronda will have 2 unranked title defenses in a row now.

No they'll be ranked. UFC will pull the same bullshit they did with Bethe and move her from out of the top 10 to top 5 w/o any fights in between and facing not even one top fighter.

Miesha is 0-2 against rousey, I don't care how many fights she won in a row, she simply can't beat rousey and it's not even close

And yet she still has a better shot of beating RR than Holm to anyone with a trained eye. Also, the guy wanting her to be matched up against a 1-0 opponent over Tate is just stupid and I don't feel I need to elaborate on that.

I'm not complaining about the entertainment value: I would rather a fresh opponent.

But it's clear that the UFC wants to minimize the risk of RR losing, which is why they matched her up with a novice grappler who hasn't beaten a top 10 opponent.

How long until Miesha takes a pic of her Reeboks in a garbage can?

Throwing a bit of a hissy fit, really. You already got finished twice. Hold your horses with the sense of entitlement. If you lose a third time, which you almost certainly will, you'll never get another fight with Rousey. Pretty much means you're a perma-gatekeeper for as long as Ronda continues to fight. Prolonging your contendership is a gift.

It was actually a pretty dignified response. She could have gone all out and talked shit yet she just said she was disappointed and apologised to those who had backed her.

Actually she had only one shot at Honda, not two. In the first fight Honda was the challenger.

Saves her another ass whooping but I guess she's more upset about the money.

I'm not concerned so much about the records but the fact is, Tate is no match for rousey. They already fought twice and she got smoked both times. I don't see why anyone would interested in this matchup

She's made more of a fight of it than any other Rousey opponent so far. Beside the match up isn't the controversial part it's the same old amateur hour BS from the UFC promising a fighter one thing then changing their mind and announcing another fight without even being gracious enough to let her know.

I'm guessing Rousey threw a fit as she hates Miesha and didn't want to fight her again so uncle Dana stepped in and changed the fight.

And why might the UFC be protecting Ronda? Could it be that they want to minimize the risk of her losing, because they believe they can still put together the Ronda-Cyborg fight? Dana himself has said he believes that fight would sell big. And when it comes down to it, it's all about the $$$.

The UFC can't let Ronda sit idle in the meantime, so instead of putting her against someone who has a small chance at beating her (Miesha), just throw her in against someone with almost no chance. Of course, every champ is always only one punch away from being dethroned/de-hyped/destroyed. So let's see what happens.

Miesha should just quit and head to Bellator. Let the lawyers handle the contract crap. It shouldn't be too hard to put forth a counter argument that the UFC breached an oral contract or such.

The fighters need to start telling the UFC to fuck off. Basically they need to FIGHT ironically against the UFC. Tell them, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Back