Miesha's statement on Rousey Vs Holm

She should have gotten the shot especially after the UFC said it was hers. Rampage lost twice to Silva and beat him in the 3rd fight. Could Meisha get the win? probably not but this is MMA and anything can happen.

if its any consolation, Miesha will still be the only woman to make it past the 1st rnd against Ronda after this fight

Tate has been taking out Top 10 fighters. She's #1 ranked.

Holm has taken out zero Top 10 fighters.

Tate has show improved striking and a lot more power. I was real interested to see the trilogy fight. Tate earned it.

Ronda Bless.

If you think Tate has a realistic chance, then I respect it. I disagree though, I've seen all of Tate/Rousey I need

Her streak and ranking are irrelevant, we have already seen what she has Rousey and it's nothing. She didn't just lose, she got dominated twice. Getting your ass kicked soundly is the same whether it's 3 rounds or 30 seconds.

Robbie Lawler lost to Lorenz Larkin in 2012 and to Jason Miller in 2006. Do you still think he would get his ass kicked by them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Lawler#Mixed_martial_arts_record

Miesha has improved quite a bit and her recent fights show that. Besides Cyborg she probably has the best chance of beating Ronda.

She should have gotten the shot especially after the UFC said it was hers. Rampage lost twice to Silva and beat him in the 3rd fight. Could Meisha get the win? probably not but this is MMA and anything can happen.

Was Silva still pride champion and on a winning streak when they fought?

Tate is clearly no threat to rousey, that's been demonstrated thoroughly so I don't think it's a case of protecting rousey. If by some miracle she could beat rousey I don't think too many people would be unhappy. Imo she's a very attractive and marketable woman. The problem is, she got handled twice already so this fight isn't going to draw much interest

Risk management.

Tate probably has a 15% chance at beating RR while Holm has like 5%. Holm cannot handle the grappling that RR will bring, while Tate is better prepared in the grappling department and has a gas tank to go 3+ rounds.

Both fights will sell roughly the same amount but Holm has less chance of an upset. When the UFC have millions on the line if Ronda loses, they will minimize the risk.

My god. How are there are so many idiots yapping about "protected Ronda" in this thread?

I have a suspicion that UFC 200 might be part of this.

If you want UFC 200 to be a huge event, then you need a big Rousey fight. There's only 2 really big Rousey fights right now and that's Rousey-Cyborg, and Rousey vs the #1 contender (Tate or Nunes).

Nunes has no name recognition. Tate really only has 1 more Rousey fight to lose before she's done for good.

If you put Tate in now and Tate gets clobbered, she's essentially off the table and you're left with Nunes who has no name recognition. I don't think anyone realistically believes that Holm is going to close the gap by the middle of 2016 either.

So, if you make Rousey-Holm now, you now have the winner of Tate-Nunes in your back pocket. You build the Tate-Nunes match by putting it on the Rousey card, and when UFC 200 rolls around you'll either have Rousey-Cyborg or Rousey vs the winner of Tate-Nunes.

Anyway, just thinking out loud...

Are you Luke Thomas?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...-holm-isnt-ideal-but-likely-part-of-plans-for

The problem is, she got handled twice already so this fight isn't going to draw much interest

A new contender, former boxing champion, is a much better sale than RR/MT 3.
That's all it is.

Thinking Holm/Ronda is bigger than Tate/Ronda.
stone-cold-laughing.gif

Clearly they are saving it for UFC 200 since Cyborg isn't coming. Tate could get Nunes or Davis on the Ronda/Holm card to set up the next challenger.

I feel bad for what happened to Miesha but I remember the night Miesha beat Eye on twitter no one wanted to see Rousey/Tate 3. So we fans can't turnaround and say this sucks for Miesha most us didn't want to see that fight. If anyone has seen Luke Thomas's Video about this situation his thoughts on what the UFC maybe thinking here make a lot of sense. In short what THomas says is that the UFC wants Rousey/Cyborg for UFC 200 lets say it doesn't happen yet again having the winner of Tate/Nunes waiting on the side can at least put together an acceptable replacement fight for Rousey/Cyborg. Especially if its Tate. Also it wouldn't surprise me if Cyborg can make 135 by January Invicta puts on an event 1 week before 195 or the Friday before 195 with Cyborg fighting Evinger for the Invicta 135 belt .

Last edited:
Tate already had her shot

Tate is on the best streak and is the most accomplished in the division outside of Ronda. She's deserves the shot the most outside of maybe Amanda Nunes.

UFC fucking things up. Again.

I don't know what is worse. This, or Velzasquez-Werdum rematch.

Another fight where I can bet $10,000 on Rousey and win an EASY $1,000. Thank you Lord.

I wouldn't have done this for Tate/Rousey 3 tho.

We all know Meisha deserve th fight....but the UFC made the right decision. There is nothing left for her after Meisha. Delay the fight and get as many fights out of Ronda before the Meisha fight, cause after that fight she will be done imo and probably retire

i want to see tittle shots of miesha too!

Back