• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Miesha Tate says that she spent 98% of her return fight purse covering training expenses

Compared to whom? She s a multi millionaire, had a beautiful family, and just had a comeback win. Seems she’s doing pretty great. You’re the ones who’s “triggered”. Obviously can’t stand it when a woman is your better in every aspect of life.
Compared to the champion of the weight class who took the belt from her. The only one making this about male or female is you you weirdo. All im saying is her skill set was lacking before and hasn't progressed much since coming back. Your white knighting over a person you don't know who doesn't care about you is cringe.

Compared to the champion of the weight class who took the belt from her. The only one making this about male or female is you you weirdo. All im saying is her skill set was lacking before and hasn't progressed much since coming back. Your white knighting over a person you don't know who doesn't care about you is cringe.
I actually do know her. And who are you to criticize her skill set? It’s not like Amanda Nunes is unbeatable. She’s been defeated before. Might be a little bit harder now that she’s on steroids I suppose.

I'd never count Miesha out.
She's proven time and again that she's game.

What exactly qualifies you to be the best judge of skill when it comes to MMA?
Decades of training in multiple martial arts and thousands of observed fights. Are you one of those ppl who think that only pro fighters are able to speak on any aspect of the sport?

Decades of training in multiple martial arts and thousands of observed fights. Are you one of those ppl who think that only pro fighters are able to speak on any aspect of the sport?
No, but if you truly had the background you say you do, there’s no way that you would come out and say she’s a “terrible fighter”. People who are actually brought up in the industry and work within it don’t speak like that. Sure, some fighters will shit talk before hand, but that’s not the way that coaches and people associated and working on the inside talk. That is how fanboys and wannabees talk.

And in your vast experience a former UFC world champion with 19 pro wins is a bad fighter?
Are there like 3 good fighters total? What kind of shit logic is that?

And in your vast experience a former UFC world champion with 19 pro wins is a bad fighter?
Are there like 3 good fighters total? What kind of shit logic is that?
I mean tbh in wmma yes there really are only like 3 good fighters but that's besides the point lol

No, but if you truly had the background you say you do, there’s no way that you would come out and say she’s a “terrible fighter”. People who are actually brought up in the industry and work within it don’t speak like that. Sure, some fighters will shit talk before hand, but that’s not the way that coaches and people associated and working on the inside talk. That is how fanboys and wannabees talk.
Wtf are you babbling about? People brought up in the industry? If I showed you a video schevchenko and miesha Tate back to back and you had no idea of their names,backgrounds, records or accolades and asked you to compare the fighters would you honestly say they are of equal skills. That's literally my only argument, that Tate is not of a high caliber of skill even within such a shallow division.

Wtf are you babbling about? People brought up in the industry? If I showed you a video schevchenko and miesha Tate back to back and you had no idea of their names,backgrounds, records or accolades and asked you to compare the fighters would you honestly say they are of equal skills. That's literally my only argument, that Tate is not of a high caliber of skill even within such a shallow division.
I could show you a fights Anderson Silva lost, BJ Penn lost many, Jose Aldo getting knocked out in seconds by Conor McGregor, and Conor McGregor subsequently getting dominated by Khabib. If you’re going to judge every single fighter by their worst couple fights then I guess by your measure everybody sucks. And what I mean by people “brought up in the industry“ I’m talking about people heavily involved in competitive MMA. Athletes, coaches, teammates, sparring partners, and yes even cutman like myself Who train casually, but have been in hundreds of locker rooms and privy to ringside coaching and behaviour. if you go backstage to a professional MMA event and start talking shit about high level fighters and how much they suck? everybody’s going to know that you’re a moron.

I could show you a fights Anderson Silva lost, BJ Penn lost many, Jose Aldo getting knocked out in seconds by Conor McGregor, and Conor McGregor subsequently getting dominated by Khabib. If you’re going to judge every single fighter by their worst couple fights then I guess by your measure everybody sucks. And what I mean by people “brought up in the industry“ I’m talking about people heavily involved in competitive MMA. Athletes, coaches, teammates, sparring partners, and yes even cutman like myself Who train casually, but have been in hundreds of locker rooms and privy to ringside coaching and behaviour. if you go backstage to a professional MMA event and start talking shit about high level fighters and how much they suck? everybody’s going to know that you’re a moron.
When did I ever mention anything about anyone's losses? No shit most high level fighters lose fights Noone denieing that. Only dick riding fanboys like fighters because they are undefeated. I'm literally talking about their skills. How crisp is the jab, timing of takedown, do they turn the corner on the double? How smooth are the transitions on the ground? Do they have good clinch work against the fence or do they just head and arm throw? Idk why this is so hard for you to comprehend... Also were not in a locker room after a fight were on an mma forum talking about fighters and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Back