Miesha Tate: Ronda Rousey getting a pass for not doing media because "she's a female" - vid

well i was just kidding and trying to be funny, but she had that gold medal won, but her opponent was being highly defensive and ronda tried to force her to pick up the pace and it ended up costing her the match. I dont like when combat athletes go into defensive shells and force their opponent to make the first move. so i give ronda a pass on that. but the looking like an idiot against holly, that i dont give her a pass on, and also the fact she said she could beat cain, thats also too far. lol

point of the story: i was just joking in the first place
I thought you might be joking, Rogan sure does go overboard with hyping fighters up sometimes... or should I say all the time.

Miesha is triggered that she would have never got the same thing,wether shes a female or not. UFC dont need her,she can get a job commentating cyborgs fights on invicta when they let her back on in 2 years

Miesha putting on a few pounds. Nothing wrong with that, when someone stops training as a pro athlete of course they will swell up. I always thought she was cute, even with the big nose. I wonder how she'll look in retirement.

Assuming most of her pounds go to increasing the size of her already big ass, I say she should keep putting on the pounds.

"That's Conor McGregor a year ago"

Uh, no DC. That was less than 6 months ago.

<36>

god, miesha is looking hot in that video

3HnJg43.gif

So let me get this straight..Cormier says he likes Ronda and he is a shill. Meisha, who we all know has an axe to grind with Ronda, is keeping it real?

Lol @ Whitlock's great White hope comment considering Ronda lost to a White girl, who then lost to a White girl. Race seems irrelevant to me in that context. Fuck, I cannot stand that neckbeard.

Her losing to someone White does not stop the claim of her being able to still be a Great White hope. I don't know what his argument was for it so I would not know if it was a good argument, but I'm sure it probably involved the weird fascination the media and fans (Especially white ones) had with saying she (And now Conor) can beat Floyd, when he has nothing to do with the sport.

Why is Meisha going on all these shows talking about Ronda? Talk about trying to stay relevant, she got beat by both of them in the first round.

Im not so sure gender has as much to do with this as whom it actually is.

Ronda gets away with it because she's Ronda. Tate wouldn't get away with it.

She's getting a pass because she was smart enough to get a no media clause written into her contract.

P.S. Miesha is getting to be a fat ass. Might want to lay off donuts before it gets out of hand.

P.S.S. You know what is really unfair? Miesha retiring and we still have to listen to her talk about Ronda.

Why is Meisha going on all these shows talking about Ronda? Talk about trying to stay relevant, she got beat by both of them in the first round.
Well she's being interviewed about WMMA. Maybe they are interviewing her because she's a noted former fighter. And I heard Ronda has a fight this weekend so maybe that's why they're talking about her.

Did you really need help figuring that out? What are you stupid or something?

Race is always relevant to race-baiters and Afrocentrics who traffic in race/racism and treat race/racism as if it were a business. The average person not named Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson isn't concerned with race. That defense of his ridiculous Great White Hope comment was probably just as ridiculous as the comment itself. The 'Great White Hope' is a term primarily used by racists to describe and denigrate a fighter that whites are rallying behind to dethrone a dominant black athlete. If he knew anything about WBW, he'd know this doesn't apply to this situation at all.

iu

Well she's being interviewed about WMMA. Maybe they are interviewing her because she's a noted former fighter. And I heard Ronda has a fight this weekend so maybe that's why they're talking about her.

Did you really need help figuring that out? What are you stupid or something?
jeez at least bring in Holly Holm who knows what it feels like to beat one of them, Meisha got merked by both inside a round.

Race is always relevant to race-baiters and Afrocentrics who traffic in race/racism and treat race/racism as if it were a business. The average person not named Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson isn't concerned with race. That defense of his ridiculous Great White Hope comment was probably just as ridiculous as the comment itself. The 'Great White Hope' is a term primarily used by racists to describe and denigrate a fighter that whites are rallying behind to dethrone a dominant black athlete. If he knew anything about WBW, he'd know this doesn't apply to this situation at all.

This is a good post and I agree with a lot of it. As a black man myself, I'll get torn down by both liberal whites and 'pro-blacks' for agreeing with most of this post.

And when I said race is relevant, this is exactly why I said so because of the things you just mentioned. Racism has become as profitable business for some on the 'political left' in the last 50 years. I do believe the average person is concerned with race they just don't make a big deal out of it as some race baiters do. I know there are some on Sherdog who disliked Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and Rashad Evans because of their skin tone. However, I don't think all the hate was based on race maybe jealousy or the fact that they beat some of Sherdog's favorite fighters. Maybe it was their attitude and arrogance at times, too. But I'm sure race played a part in some of the hate.

Anyway, back to Honda. She may or may not have been a GWH, but she is definitely the UFC's darling because of the money she brings in and not just her skin tone.

Miesha needs a black BF, I don't know why, but she does.

P.S. You guys think DC feels threatened that he's in the same room with a guy that can eat more Popeye's than him?

Double P.S. DC was born to do these talk sports shows. If he were a former NFL player, he'd be set for life, just because he can banter and shoot the shit about thing like this in his sleep. Barbershop talk is so natural to him, and he never really went through the first few times jitters when he joined the UFC desk, like how Koscheck did lol. The NFL would hire him for Showtime, NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, FOX, everything.

And last thing. Miesha has a real presence even among guys that are seasoned at this sports talk stuff. She has that aura where you gotta respect her, and she's not a barbie girl in the way she thinks, and she can hang and bang with the fellas. She's perfect for a desk job for FOX, or whoever.

Last edited:
This is a good post and I agree with a lot of it. As a black man myself, I'll get torn down by both liberal whites and 'pro-blacks' for agreeing with most of this post.

And when I said race is relevant, this is exactly why I said so because of the things you just mentioned. Racism has become as profitable business for some on the 'political left' in the last 50 years. I do believe the average person is concerned with race they just don't make a big deal out of it as some race baiters do. I know there are some on Sherdog who disliked Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and Rashad Evans because of their skin tone. However, I don't think all the hate was based on race maybe jealousy or the fact that they beat some of Sherdog's favorite fighters. Maybe it was their attitude and arrogance at times, too. But I'm sure race played a part in some of the hate.

Anyway, back to Honda. She may or may not have been a GWH, but she is definitely the UFC's darling because of the money she brings in and not just her skin tone.

<mma4>

Yes, I'm sure. I've experienced that first-hand, actually. The 'pro-blacks' you mentioned (e.g. Tariq Nasheed) seem to get off on creating division. I'm all for confronting genuine acts of racism, but all the bullshit about microaggressions, internalized racism, and subconscious racism is way out of control. Those concepts are used to smear decent people far too often. Of those three fighters you mentioned, I'm only a fan of Rashad Evans. I'm indifferent to Anderson Silva and absolutely despise Jon Jones. I have many reasons why, not one of them racial. My policy is to actually listen to what people say and decide whether there's a racial component based on that, as opposed to automatically assuming the worst of people (not saying you're doing that here). Fighters in general (e.g. Tim Kennedy, TJ Dillashaw, etc.) get so much flak on here that it's almost a pointless exercise to try and determine where race and gender come into play.

Definitely. Ronda is their cash cow.

Back