Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson vs Tecia Torres Added to UFC 194

torres deserves the beating of a lifetime for that shit she pulled on the mexico card. so im rooting for her to win and fight joanna champion.

its a toss up as to who wins this one, although im not convinced either of them deserve a title shot yet as the winner, torres would need at least one more win against a top 5 opponent to make it halfway credible, and waterson has only had one low level win. the trouble with so few straweight matchups is it makes for a weak field of contenders, they need to double the frequency of matchups at least. mind you you could apply the same scenario to the bantamweights.
im leaning towards torres here, sorry sevarian.

im leaning towards torres here, sorry sevarian.

No need to be sorry. Your opinion, although insanely wrong, is welcomed. :D

The ONLY place Torres has an advantage is her flurries of punches and kicks. If Waterson looks all flustered and just runs away from them, she will lose a judges decision, because Tecia can keep that shit up all night long.

That's not what's gonna happen though. Michelle is going to wade through that weak shit because she knows Torres has zero power and land some massive kicks powered by those Chun-Li quads.

xZ4fmIl.jpg

9er9lPo.jpg

At that point, Torres is going to try the "take her down and imitate a wet blanket" method of gathering points. This won't work, because Michelle is going to flip it and reverse it.

BAcIeI2.jpg

1u6B9Q2.gif

The Tiny Tornado will now be in a world she doesn't know, a world she can never understand.

The world of the finish.

m3KM9DU.jpg

Waterson via RNC.

torres deserves the beating of a lifetime for that shit she pulled on the mexico card. so im rooting for her to win and fight joanna champion.

for what- exploiting a weakness in Hill and winning. If my style tends to be stick and move striking and I'm fighting someone whose entire style rests around striking and that packs a lot more power, I think utilizing a grappling advantage is fully acceptable.

Sure it was a dull fight to watch, but I thought Tecia did a pretty good job for the first couple of rounds. Both of them fatigued hard though like a lot of other fights on that card. The fact that Tecia couldn't get more going on the ground is more a testament to Hill working on her defense.

She really is overrated, lol @ losing your title to someone who's 4'11.

a81f68cdfb8fac728b720f573e19ba8009f20ff2_m.jpg

Short notice. Bad weight cut. Lucky punch.

Oh, and she subconsciously threw the fight because she subconsciously knew she should be making bank in the UFC.

(Well that and the fact the UFC brass had told her they loved her and wanted her in the UFC months before)

Anyone who uses that fight to judge Michelle Waterson is.... not doing it right.

I guess the UFC isn't giving Waterson the PVZ treatment. They are going to make her fight actual competition.

Eh, with the exception of Jedrzejczyk vs. Galdelha II, I'm not in a rush to see rematches in the SW division.

028-Tecia-Torres-vs-Paige-Van-Zant.jpg

Are you actually looking forward to see Torres vs. VanZant II?

If I was a Waterson fan, I'd be pretty happy with this announcement. Torres is a beatable, fairly highly ranked fighter in the UFC SW division. If Waterson wins, she will be ranked like #7 in the division. Torres isn't much bigger/stronger than Waterson and there is little danger of Torres finishing Waterson. Further, if she tries that LnP shit like she did with Hill, Michelle will just scramble and arm-bar her. The only worry (for Waterson and her fans) will be the elusiveness of Torres - this might give us an idea what a Ham vs. Waterson fight would like, but I'm getting off track - combined with Michelle's "slow-starter" tendencies. Torres stealing the first two rounds and surviving a few sub attempts in the 3rd round (for the win) is also a possibility. Should be a good fight.

Jarl

028-Tecia-Torres-vs-Paige-Van-Zant.jpg

Are you actually looking forward to see Torres vs. VanZant II?

Yes, so we could get a repeat of the pic above. And then Torres pulls out the clippers and shaves those bleach blonde locks off.

If I was a Waterson fan, I'd be pretty happy with this announcement. Torres is a beatable, fairly highly ranked fighter in the UFC SW division. If Waterson wins, she will be ranked like #7 in the division. Torres isn't much bigger/stronger than Waterson and there is little danger of Torres finishing Waterson. Further, if she tries that LnP shit like she did with Hill, Michelle will just scramble and arm-bar her. The only worry (for Waterson and her fans) will be the elusiveness of Torres - this might give us an idea what a Ham vs. Waterson fight would like, but I'm getting off track - combined with Michelle's "slow-starter" tendencies. Torres stealing the first two rounds and surviving a few sub attempts in the 3rd round (for the win) is also a possibility. Should be a good fight.

Jarl

Yep to all of it. This fight vaults Michelle up the ladder with very little risk.

Like Torres but I wish she'd go for the finish instead of just "tornado point fighting" or whatever she called it.

Like Torres but I wish she'd go for the finish instead of just "tornado point fighting" or whatever she called it.

I just don't think she generates enough power being her size.

This makes about as much sense as Jacare/Romero. Why kill off one of two top contenders in a nearly-depleted division?

It makes the winner look much more interesting going into the title fight. The loser can easily earn a shot with 1-2 wins while the other is getting a shot. No harm/no foul. Shouldn't keep contenders away from each other if they aren't fighting the champ, imo.

Hope Waterson subs her. Tecias point fighting isn't really fun to watch.

Back