Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson vs Tecia Torres Added to UFC 194

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://m.ufc.com/news/The-Karate-Hottie-Faces-a-Tiny-Tornado-UFC-194

Fresh off her UFC debut win over Angela Magana in June, "The Karate Hottie," Michelle Waterson, will end 2015 in Las Vegas as she takes on number five-ranked strawweight Tecia "The Tiny Tornado" Torres in UFC 194 action at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

UFC 194 is headlined by the long-awaited featherweight title bout between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor and the middleweight championship fight between Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold.

Ranked eleventh at 115 pounds, Waterson is a former Invicta FC atomweight champion whose move to strawweight against Magana was a successful one, as she submitted her opponent in the third round. A TUF 20 alum, the unbeaten Torres - who owns wins over Paige VanZant and Rose Namajunas - has won two UFC bouts thus far over Magana and Angela Hill.

Stay tuned to UFC.com for ticket information and fight card announcements.

Tecia's school plans for January (after the fight):

Booo bad matchup. Torres will be boring and just hold onto Waterson for the decision. More bad match-making by Joe Silva.

I got TT. Waterson has always been overrated to me(I mean that Turbricio fight was bad) and shes small. I think TT will use her strength and physicality

All I'm going to say about the Tubricio fight is it should not be weighed heavily for ......reasons.

Also, Waterson is taller and walks around at least 5 pounds heavier than Torres.

I'm still concerned about Waterson's hand, though. She has still not done ANY striking with it this camp. If she's not confident with her power strikes, that's bad news, as one of her advantages over Torres is throwing with more power. Michelle has finished fights with her striking, Torres never has, despite her muscles.

In any case, that may all be moot, because as Michelle stated, if this fight goes to the ground, Torres is getting submitted.

Good fight, step up for Waterson. Big fight in the div.

This fight can't happen soon enough. Hard to contain the excitement.

FarflungQuestionableGalapagospenguin.gif

[YT]j4sfSZMqDDE[/YT]

Tecia gave a good interview, as she usually does ... but Michelle Waterson is not a point fighter :eek: Michelle fights to finish, not score points, which is more of Tecia's game, not Michelle's.

Super card takes a hit: Michelle Waterson out of UFC 194

michelle-waterson-tuf-21-finale-post-3.jpg

It’s one of the deepest and most anticipated fight cards in MMA history, and it had avoided the injury bug – until now.

Former Invicta FC 105-pound champion Michelle Waterson (13-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has suffered an undisclosed injury and been forced out of her bout with fellow strawweight Tecia Torres (6-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC). A rep for Waterson confirmed her withdrawal with MMAjunkie.

A formal announcement hasn’t been made, but a replacement is being sought for the short-notice bout.

UFC 194 takes place Dec. 12 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

The card is so deep that many familiar names, including Torres, are slated for the prelims.

Waterson recently moved up to 115 pounds for her UFC debut. The 29-year-old Team Jackson-Winkeljohn fighter earned a submission victory over Angela Magana in May and is now 7-1 over her past eight fights. However, she’ll have to wait a bit longer to try to get her second UFC win.

Torres, a fellow Invicta FC vet, joined the UFC after a quarterfinal-round finish on “The Ultimate Fighter 18.” In her official UFC debut on the undercard of the show’s live finale, the 26-year-old American Top Team fighter earned a decision win over Magana. She then followed it up with a decision victory over Angela Hill in June to keep her official undefeated pro record intact.

The full UFC 194 lineup now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor – for featherweight title
Champ Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold – for middleweight title
Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza
Demian Maia vs. Gunnar Nelson
Max Holloway vs. Jeremy Stephens

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Urijah Faber vs. Frankie Saenz
Tecia Torres vs. TBA
Warlley Alves vs. Colby Covington
Kevin Lee vs. Leonardo Santos

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)

Magomed Mustafaev vs. Joe Proctor
John Makdessi vs. Yancy Medeiros
Marcio Alexandre Jr. vs. Court McGee

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/super-...le-waterson-out-of-ufc-194-replacement-sought

can't wait to buy some Reebok apparel from this fight

[YT]j4sfSZMqDDE[/YT]

LOL @ Torres calling Michelle a point fighter and saying she needs to develop a point fighting style on the outside. Says the woman who stated she's proud to be a point fighter. I will never root for Tecia Torres.

Nice, should be a fun match :)

Not particularly keen on seeing either of the ladies lose, but I guess I'll be in team Waterson come fight night.

Lulz. PVZ is so one dimensional. TT's schooling of Herrig > PVZ's grinding of Herrig.

PVZ dominated and nearly stopper her... so, I don't know if you are serious. In any case, that's not the way to look at it since those fights were very different in terms of how they were fought.

Tecia's school plans for January (after the fight):

lol @ "Class, race, gender in Criminal Justice". She better hope her fighting career takes off, cause I don't think she's gonna be very successful in Criminal Justice with this kind of course load.

Booo bad matchup. Torres will be boring and just hold onto Waterson for the decision. More bad match-making by Joe Silva.

Torres doesn't have the skillset to "hold" onto Waterson for a decision. Waterson is too active and good off her back and it's not like Tecia is some sort of ground wizard. She lay and prayed a muay thai fighter with no ground game, wow.

Waterson might even have a small size advantage in this matchup, the only question is if Tecia can pointfight her way to a decision.

LOL @ Torres calling Michelle a point fighter and saying she needs to develop a point fighting style on the outside. Says the woman who stated she's proud to be a point fighter. I will never root for Tecia Torres.

I blame Points Melendez for putting that idea in her head.

There will be no such thing in this fight though, it's gonna be an all-out war, as the winner should be one match away from the next titleshot.

I like this fight! maybe the winner can be the next challenger for the belt, also I don't think Karate Hottie will be out-sized

Tecia gave a good interview, as she usually does ... but Michelle Waterson is not a point fighter :eek: Michelle fights to finish, not score points, which is more of Tecia's game, not Michelle's.

I blame Points Melendez for putting that idea in her head.

There will be no such thing in this fight though, it's gonna be an all-out war, as the winner should be one match away from the next titleshot.

I had to listen to that interview a couple of times, as I couldn't believe Tecia put point fighting and Michelle in the same sentence. Bizzare. If she truly is that misinfomed, that's a good thing for Waterson.

I had to listen to that interview a couple of times, as I couldn't believe Tecia put point fighting and Michelle in the same sentence. Bizzare. If she truly is that misinfomed, that's a good thing for Waterson.

Well, Tecia even spoke in this video of what she characterized as the points-fighting style of Joanna Jedrzejczyk (when on the cage, as opposed to when throwing power-punches when out in the open). There, I think she's just referring to the tactic of use of flurries---punches-in-bunches of less than max power---to affect judges rather than using it as an overall characterization of fighters' styles. She probably should have used the word "tactic" rather than "style".

Well, Tecia even spoke in this video of what she characterized as the points-fighting style of Joanna Jedrzejczyk (when on the cage, as opposed to when throwing power-punches when out in the open). There, I think she's just referring to the tactic of use of flurries---punches-in-bunches of less than max power---to affect judges rather than using it as an overall characterization of fighters' styles. She probably should have used the word "tactic" rather than "style".

She almost quotes Dan Hardy.
See what he says right when third JJvsPenne round starts.

Tecia is going to have a hard time lol.

I'm taking Waterson in this. I think they're both quite evenly matched, but I think Waterson has beaten the better competition in Penne and is more dangerous.

I get what you are saying, but Tecia using "point fighting" to describe any other fighters style (never mind killers like JJ and TKH) smacks of "Hey, hey guys see, see... even THEY are point fighters..... sometimes. I'm not the only one, I'm cool." It comes across as clumsy damage control.

I hope this doesn't end up on the main card...

According to her Instagram, Torres is going to be working a lot on her flexibility this camp. Definitely gonna need it against Michelle, one of the most flexible and bendy fighters in the game.

This is a good fight. Hopefully we see Torres back to herself and kicking again.

According to her Instagram, Torres is going to be working a lot on her flexibility this camp. Definitely gonna need it against Michelle, one of the most flexible and bendy fighters in the game.

That's just too much hotness in the cage at once. Can't wait.

5374580+_5c2bd08f86aea7bdd12e4f815185bd66.gif

I'll take Waterson via decision or sub. I just don't see Tecia being able to hold her down for 15 minutes.

She almost quotes Dan Hardy.
See what he says right when third JJvsPenne round starts.

Dan Hardy was full of shit and so is Torres. JJ was throwing light flurries because she had broken her hand on Penne's skull. Wanker Dan Hardy criticized her for the way she was punching with broken hands, and Torres is just parroting that nonsense. I can't wait to see JJ smoke her.

joanna-jedrzejczyk-thumb-750.jpg

I really like this. I hope they get fights booked for Thug Rose and Markos next.

Edit: Forgot that Rose vs Hill is booked.

Last edited:
hoping they end up in 50/50 position (scissoring) then I'll buy both their used fight gear since they technically banged tacos.

Dan Hardy was full of shit and so is Torres. JJ was throwing light flurries because she had broken her hand on Penne's skull. Wanker Dan Hardy criticized her for the way she was punching with broken hands, and Torres is just parroting that nonsense. I can't wait to see JJ smoke her.

joanna-jedrzejczyk-thumb-750.jpg

Joanna Bless.

Nah, I agree and I'm a fan of WMMA. It's not really main card material.

Lol i misstyped that (its really hard to speak and type a message at the same time hahaha). I meant to say taht I hope this doesn't end up on the main card. Just seems totally out of place when compared to Aldo vs McGregor, Weidman vs Rockhold and Souza vs Romero.

Back