• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Schiavello Is The Worst Commentator In MMA

No it is not. I have never made fun of Brown Pinas on commentary.
Mr. Schiavello, I think you are an excellent commentator. You are the only guy out there who actually does his job: calling the play-by-play. I can listen to you call a fight while I do xyz and still actually follow along, just by listening.

Keep it up!

I dont mind his mannerisms as much as his annoying hyperbole

"She has competed against some of the highest level competition we have.."

The fuck is he talking about? She has LOST against said competion. She is currently 1-3 in ONE. Please stfu Michael.

Last edited:
Schiavello is good in small doses. He would need someone to reign him in to be tolerable for an entire event. Quadros comes to mind as a good partner for him.

No it is not. I have never made fun of Brown Pinas on commentary.
My apologies then
Edit: English isn't my first language so things don't always come out the way I've intended. I want to make this clear because you've been one of my favorite commentators since the K1 days. I never meant to say you were making fun of the man himself. He just has a funny name

Last edited:
If you actually listen to him call the action in the cage, he is the absolute best. He very smoothly calls the striking action."Skips off the left the throws the right hand." Things like that.

Most commentators are terrible in MMA, but Bellator takes the cake. Big John and Goldie go off on tangents that are completely unrelated to anything about the fight taking place in front of them or even having anything to do with MMA. I think it is so funny how Goldie was soundly loathed by everyone in his UFC days but now that he works for Bellator he's become some darling commentator that everyone is just over the moon to have. Give me a damn break. Jimmy Smith and Sean Wheelock were way better and quit frankly were some of the best in MMA. They were honest about the product and what was going on in the cage. Numerous times Jimmy would call out fighters laughable "scrambling" (grappling with no concept of control) as what it was-bad grappling. He would actually bring to light things in BJJ that are misunderstood in MMA like guard being a neutral position. They were great. Another guy that I think is underrated is Pat Militech.

TBH I have always enjoyed his commentary, but I can understand that he rubs some people the wrong way.

Schiavello3.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back