• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Schiavello Is The Worst Commentator In MMA

GOAT commentator is that guy who commentated the Fedor vs Maldonado fight.

Big John is not a good fit for commentary. Joe has been steadily declining for some time now too, he knows a lot about MMA but he's too inarticulate and emotional, I don't know how much more of OOOOOHHHHH HE'S HURT I can listen to anymore.

Agreed. He has a good voice, but he always overdoes it. Also seems like he always wants to steal the show with his dumb catchphrases.

it must appeal to the asian audience, is all i can think of, because i can't stand it lol.

I have seen threads like this about EVERY SINGLE COMMENTATOR.

You name one, he is "the worst commentator ever", according to Sherdog flavor of the day.

Stephen Quadross for PRIDE FC was terrible...there were times when I could just feel Bas wanting to kick the shit out of him for the stupid shit he said.

I don't know, I kind of find the Voice refreshing at times. No doubt he overdoes it at times but he has his schtick going. Probably couldn't take him show after show every other week. But once a month I can handle him.

His commentary from years ago is hilarious. He would say some pretty border line crazy shit.

Last edited:

this.

i haven't heard schiavello in years, but i thought he was the best commentator in mma/kickboxing/etc. and then i heard the maldobabo fight...

Damn, you beat me to it. I posted the same thing, but I hadn’t seen your post yet. I still quote him when I watch fights.
“EXCUSE MY FRENCH, BUT THAT WAS NEARLY TERRIFIC!”

At least he's entertaining. same as Goldberg and Mauro Ranallo. Jon Anik and Showdown Joe are the worst because they're boring as fuck

The Bellator announce team is awful. Because during fights there are way too many times they aren't even talking about the fight happening in the cage. And way too many times that they just totally overlook what the total underdog or "can" is doing because it seems they are scripted to push the favorite. That makes for not good listening.

“Easter Island just called, they want their head back”
“If punches were people, he’d be China”
“He’s taken more hits than Nick Diaz’s bong”
“He’s taken more hits than google “
“He’s been mounted more times than Jena Jameson”
“He’s like a virgin, nothing is penetrating “
“He’s all over him like a fat kid in a cupcake”
“That round was ugly but entertaining...like the girl o just dated”
I think he’s funny

Back