News Michael Chandler vs Charles Oliveira UFC 309 | New York City | November 16

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Will they both retire?
This is just such a useless rematch that doesn’t do anything to either of them. Hope they get paid Conor fight level money.

Charles probably sees chandler as his meal ticket to getting the Conor fight, which is the money fight charles has wanted for years. I don't like it, but I'm almost certain that's what he and his team are thinking.
Yeah, but if Conor is giving the short chinny wrestle boxer who won't wrestle with him the run around, I highly doubt he is going to say yes to a much more dangerous Charles who can KO him or sub him.

Yeah, but if Conor is giving the short chinny wrestle boxer who won't wrestle with him the run around, I highly doubt he is going to say yes to a much more dangerous Charles who can KO him or sub him.

I agree, but charles has been calling out conor every chance he gets. For some reason he clearly has hung on to hope.

I agree, but charles has been calling out conor every chance he gets. For some reason he clearly has hung on to hope.
I don't blame him either, but Charles is still elite and I think he can still get to the title. I can understand someone like Chandler or RDA campaigning for a McG fight, they are on the doorstep of retirement, but Charles still has it. I hope it works out for him, he deserves all the good coming to him.

I will always be excited for a Oliveira fight or a Chandler fight…. Not that I know why they need a second fight at this time…. Fuck it, let’s go I’ll watch that just bleed offering!

Last edited:
If Conor mutters Michael's name again Chandler's going to run back to him like a lap dog.

Let's be real here this isn't a good consolation prize for Michael. Chandler was wanting to cash that McGregor check before retiring. Now he's back in the mix for a title shot if he wins lol? The only winner here is Dana White.

Random fight, but I'm down. First fight was exciting and don't see this one being any different. Think Chandler will show his age in this fight though. 38 years old and hasn't fought in about 2 years while Oliveira had a very competitive fight with arguably the second-best fighter in the division. TKO, round 1 for Do Bronx.

that chandler self-talk was embarrassing. he is destroyed and coping hard.

Looks like they'll do Poirier/Hooker then.

I thought we were getting Poirier-Covington ....

that chandler self-talk was embarrassing. he is destroyed and coping hard.

very embarrassing. Just listen to Chandler post UFC 303 .. IMO the guy made a total fool out of himself, going on and on for 24 min

at one point he even said, "You're not in control of this" ... wow, really?

This was your post quoting my post that is all for a rematch... Let's break down your posts...

You said the first fight was good but not super close or anything, okay you said if you recall correctly. Well, you need to rewatch the fight, because it was close, Chandler nearly TKO'd Charles, dropped him and unloaded. Then you say... Chandler was KO'd to bolivian. No, Chandler was not even KO'd, he was on his and knees. Was a good stoppage as I've already just stated. But KO'd into bolivian?

Yes, it was that close, and that was not your point. No one was KO'd into 'bolivian'.

You said IIRC if the fight was close, now you're backtracking.

Holy shit, okay, I'll bite, I think you're dumb as fuck.

Why bother responding to him? As we can all see, he had no idea what he's talking about and you called him out on it. Don't waste time with idiots. People like that are pure poison.

Reactions: TCE
I thought we were getting Poirier-Covington ....

very embarrassing. Just listen to Chandler post UFC 303 .. IMO the guy made a total fool out of himself, going on and on for 24 min

at one point he even said, "You're not in control of this" ... wow, really?

Poirier/Covington seems highly unlikely.

It's gonna be so annoying if Chandler somehow wins this. Charles should have this, he lost by a very thin margin against another elite world class guy in Tsarukyan. He's still squarely in his prime IMO.

Yeah a two fight losing streak here would hurt him. There was a gap between him and Arman and the gap will only grow. He can't beat Islam, either.

If he's losing against the Michael Chandlers who haven't fought in 3 years, that will signify a huge drop in his level. In reality, I think he's in that second tier. He'll beat most contenders, but won't beat the 2 guys he lost against most recently.

chandler, what a waste of his career. a good lesson for everyone, never let your own success depend on someone else, build your own success without waiting for anyone

Me for one.

This is a great rematch. First fight was fire. Return of Chandler after waiting for so long out.

This is an amazing fight to happen right now.
Did you take classes in turd polishing or does it just come naturally

Back