Michael Bisping thinks Conor McGregor deserves fighter of the year

Conor deserves it because he proved the first fight was a fluke. Nate Diaz got bigger and had a full camp the second time and he lost. Conor deserves it. I like both Conor and Nate, but it's obvious that Nate had ATLEAST 15 pounds on him the second time.

Conor deserves it because he proved the first fight was a fluke. Nate Diaz got bigger and had a full camp the second time and he lost. Conor deserves it. I like both Conor and Nate, but it's obvious that Nate had ATLEAST 15 pounds on him the second time.

mate this is a silly argument

1) Nate isn't even top 10 at 170, he has fought the majority of his career at 155
2) Conor had a FULL camp leading up to the 1st match and gassed in 7 minutes, where as Nate wasn't even in camp
3) The rematch was VERY close, with many people scoring it for Diaz. I thought Conor won but it was by no means a one sided domination and did not disspell the first fight being a "fluke"

mate this is a silly argument

1) Nate isn't even top 10 at 170, he has fought the majority of his career at 155
2) Conor had a FULL camp leading up to the 1st match and gassed in 7 minutes, where as Nate wasn't even in camp
3) The rematch was VERY close, with many people scoring it for Diaz. I thought Conor won but it was by no means a one sided domination and did not disspell the first fight being a "fluke"
I believe Nate was under 180 fight night the first fight, but cmon the second fight he looked huge. Lets be real. Yeah it was close but it was easy to score. 3-2. It is what it is. I started out as a Conor hater, but he gained my respect after winning vs Diaz at UFC 202

Hell no lol. Going 1-2 is not fighter of the year material, sorry.

HelpfulRepulsiveHuman-size_restricted.gif

Why do Conor fans keep citing 2 belts as if he won the 2 belts in the same year? The fluke against Aldo was in 2015.

Bisping deserves it by far. He went undefeated in 2016 whilst being given no chance against the champ and also came back from adversity to win twice.

What Bisping did is more unlikely, thus deserving fighter of the year. If someone said to me in January, that he was going to beat Anderson, win the belt in the first round, and then defend it. I would have thought you were crazy.

except that he lost vs anderson and was local gifted the shady decision. anyway, yeah, it was a good year for the count.

Stipe is fighter of the year and it's not even close

Conor is not only fighter of the year, he is fighter of the decade <cheer>

Is it ok for the FOTY to gas out 8 minutes into a fight, get lit up, panic wrestle and get tapped? If so, then my vote goes to the 8 minute wonder.

lucky as fuck and then barely beating the two oldest men on the roster > becoming the first ever two weight champ in history

lolwut
Barely beating Nate Diaz and then beating Eddie Alvarez makes you fighter of the year? 'Lolwut'

IMO Bisping deserves it, just for being the underdog and career resurrection story. Stipe is a close 2nd with his 3 dominant first round KOs and capturing + defending the HW belt. Conor would be #3

Bisbing
Stipe
Moose
Cerrone

Back