Michael Bisping thinks Conor McGregor deserves fighter of the year

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

IMO Bisping deserves it, just for being the underdog and career resurrection story. Stipe is a close 2nd with his 3 dominant first round KOs and capturing + defending the HW belt. Conor would be #3

Well, you can't be right all the time.

depends what "fighter of the year"means. If it means the fighter who has had the greatest impact on the sport, give it to Conor (like Trump being Time magazines person of the year). No implications here except that they are important to the sport. I vote for Conor

What Bisping did is more unlikely, thus deserving fighter of the year. If someone said to me in January, that he was going to beat Anderson, win the belt in the first round, and then defend it. I would have thought you were crazy.

depends what "fighter of the year"means. If it means the fighter who has had the greatest impact on the sport, give it to Conor (like Trump being Time magazines person of the year). No implications here except that they are important to the sport. I vote for Conor

This. Impact is the important measure here I think.

Conor's loss is a tough one to overcome... but keeping in mind saving the 196 card by taking a last minute replacement does take some of the heat off that loss.

I would say Conor did have the most impact on the sport in 2016. I agree with Bisping that Conor had the biggest events & most attention... & won a belt in a 2nd division very easily & that is worthy of consideration.

Even though I hate to say it,Conor does.

Stipe deserves it, Conor is 2-1 with one win being a close decision and a loss by finish, Bisping is 3-0 but with 2 wins by close decision. THE GREAT FIREFIGHTER has killed everyone in his path. He's the alpha of the year.

Stipe beat a couple 10 year past their prime HWs and a 40 year old Werdum. Conor became LW champ while losing to a non top ten LW.

Bisping deserves it just as much.

lol

giphy.gif

Back