Michael B. Jordan is set to play as Hercules in Disney's live action Hercules

You see, the problem is you guys over shot with this shit. Hercules’s skin color has no bearing on the story of Hercules.
It's so stupid when people say this, especially when they think it's a big brain point.

The overall aesthetic of the character is important to......the character. This whole argument that it's not integral to the story is how people like you side step that fact.

Like, sure, his skin color doesn't change the story but it changes the entire feeling of it because you don't feel like your watching Hercules.

Do me a favor, think of the name Hercules and think of the first image that it evokes. If it's anything other than a whitish dude, you're lying to yourself.

Yeah, that isn’t the same thing since skin color is, and the discrimination against that skin color, is the central theme of Nelson Mandela’s story.

You see, the problem is you guys over shot with this shit. Hercules’s skin color has no bearing on the story of Hercules.

Then why cast him as the incorrect skincolor though? Whats the gain?

It's so stupid when people say this, especially when they think it's a big brain point.

The overall aesthetic of the character is important to......the character. This whole argument that it's not integral to the story is how people like you side step that fact.

Like, sure, his skin color doesn't change the story but it changes the entire feeling of it because you don't feel like your watching Hercules.

Do me a favor, think of the name Hercules and think of the first image that it evokes. If it's anything other than a whitish dude, you're lying to yourself.

If you had a choice between a Scandinavian and a Middle Easterner? who would you rather play him? all else being equal

If you had a choice between a Scandinavian and a Middle Easterner? who would you rather play him? all else being equal
The Scandinavian dude because they are white like us. We have Arab looking Greeks but they are a minority.

So you got no answer then?

I understand you have a weird worldview with no basis in reality. Life is hard when you need to clarify your position.
A white person is someone who has white skin.

I'm confused by the contrast in what seems to be an elementary level question and what you want to receive in return which is academic level obfuscation.

The reality here is that you are trying your hardest to find racism. That's what this is about. You don't actually give a shit about black people or Greek people or anything like that. You just want to be able to say "You're racist" but people have gotten tired of hearing it so you now have to come up with an elaborate way of spewing the same garbage.

Life must be hard when your world view is "your racist"

I'm confused by the contrast in what seems to be an elementary level question and what you want to receive in return which is academic level obfuscation.

The reality here is that you are trying your hardest to find racism. That's what this is about. You don't actually give a shit about black people or Greek people or anything like that. You just want to be able to say "You're racist" but people have gotten tired of hearing it so you now have to come up with an elaborate way of spewing the same garbage.

It's like going around the woods by my house and turning over every single rock or fallen branch and finding one Black Widow and screaming I've got a Spider problem...Its the same way with these muppets and racism in 2023. The supply is so low they actually have to manufacture it.

You liberals have jumped the shark trying to justify this. It's so absurdly ridiculous at this point, and if you cannot admit that you are part of the problem. They didn't choose Jordan because he is the best actor, it's a fucking Hercules movie. He was chosen BECAUSE he is black and that is what their agenda was. It will fail because of this. Just like all the other woke choices in movies made them flop. The general public just isn't playing their agenda game anymore. Hercules has always been a large, bearded white guy. Sure it is fictional, but so is Shaft---would you make him white? Would you remake Fat Albert as Hispanic? Would you remake Lando Calrissian as Asian? No, Hollywood is gender swapping and blackwashing white characters, pure agenda driven. AND it fails.

Plenty of people have white skin. That is not a proper label. Are Albanians white? What about Tatars? What about Lebanese people? What about Armenians? Bosnians? Kazakhs? Georgians? What about Khabib?

The question isn't elementary at all because you can't even answer my question. Which countries/people fall into this white category? You seem to think Scandinavians are closer to Greeks because they are "white" even though you are genetically closer to people from the Levant.

How am I the racist when you want to group a lot of different people together just because they have "white" skin? I know so many Greek people in my life and they say they are Greek first. This is the first time I've seen a Greek person be proud of being "white". It's stupid since you already have so many things to be proud about lol.

Plenty of people have white skin. That is not a proper label. Are Albanians white? What about Tatars? What about Lebanese people? What about Armenians? Bosnians? Kazakhs? Georgians? What about Khabib?

The question isn't elementary at all because you can't even answer my question. Which countries/people fall into this white category? You p to think Scandinavians are closer to Greeks because they are "white" even though you are genetically closer to people from the Levant.

How am I the racist when you want to group a lot of different people together just because they have "white" skin? I know so many Greek people in my life and they say they are Greek first. This is the first time I've seen a Greek person be proud of being "white". It's stupid since you already have so many things to be proud about lol.
<bball1>

What is a white person? Can you define that for me?

Greeks are genetically closer to Turks/Middle Easterners than they are to Scandinavians. This is for Ancient Greece as well.
Turks have a bunch of other genetic inputs that Greeks don't have. Greeks are genetically closer to Italians and Romanians than anyone, as well as other southern Europeans. The link between Greeks and Turks is the Anatolian DNA, the people with the highest amounts of this Anatolian DNA present today are Sardinians who are very clearly white in complexion.

Turks have a bunch of other genetic inputs that Greeks don't have. Greeks are genetically closer to Italians and Romanians than anyone, as well as other southern Europeans. The link between Greeks and Turks is the Anatolian DNA, the people with the highest amounts of this Anatolian DNA present today are Sardinians who are very clearly white in complexion.

I never said they are the closest but they are closer to them than they are to Scandinavians. That isn’t up for debate.

“White complexion” doesn’t really answer the question either since Lebanese and Syrians also have white complexion. A lot of them can easily fit into Europe and people wouldn’t notice the difference either but people don’t consider them white.

A lot of former Soviet Union countries like Chechnya and Dagestan are also white yet people don’t call them white either. It’s just a stupid label that has zero consistency.

I never said they are the closest but they are closer to them than they are to Scandinavians. That isn’t up for debate.

“White complexion” doesn’t really answer the question either since Lebanese and Syrians also have white complexion. A lot of them can easily fit into Europe and people wouldn’t notice the difference either but people don’t consider them white.

A lot of former Soviet Union countries like Chechnya and Dagestan are also white yet people don’t call them white either. It’s just a stupid label that has zero consistency.
Asians have white skin as well, also black skin, yet they are designated by geography rather than skin pigmentation.

No shit, racial categories are non-scientific.

When people say "white" they are referring to Europeans with white complexion.

Regardless, this is all moot because the topic revolves around presenting a Greek as Sub Saharan African. If the actor was Lebanese and looked similar to a Greek person nobody would be having an issue.

Back