• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mexican gloves various brands

I know!!!! And it's a shame because the gloves are perfect apart from that slice. It's just how they tried to be sneaky by hiding it which has annoyed me....I sent them a message I'll see if they reply, they used to have a habit of blocking people before!!!!
Yeah, they blocked me too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322_223630_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322_223630_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 34
Mine came with a cut down the middle of my right glove!!!!! Yet when they sent me pictures of my gloves on both pictures the right glove was facing back, unfortunately I didn't see this and to make matters worse they sent a video and posted one on Instagram of my left glove all laced up!! Yet when it arrive my left glove wasn't laced, but my right one was! View attachment 842056 View attachment 842057

I seen this a few times with some people I know ordered from NS. NS isn't known for using the best grade leather (I suspect they take leftover leather from their other brand jobs to save costs), so you see like weird marks, cuts, even maybe discoloration with them a lot of times. NS is very shady in hiding them in pictures.

I got a pair of Pro-Series 16oz on eBay a few years ago. At the time, I hadn't boxed or even done boxing training for over a decade (fought when I was in my teens) and when I started again, I skimped & got a pair of entry-level adidas gloves.
Well: I'm a pretty heavy hitter and messed up my knuckles within a couple of weeks. So I decided to invest in good gloves. Since then I've become obsessed (like most on this board) and now I know what I like, but they were the first pair of "good" gloves I'd bought in years. And I really rate them: protective, light, a great pop on the bag, solid wrist protection. Really good gloves a level down from the premium brands, I'd say. More comfortable than Cletos.
I think those were OG Sabas, when they were still made in Mexico, so I can't speak to the quality of subsequent gloves, but those were great gloves. Must have done a few thousand rounds on the bag and mitts in them. No real discernible drop in quality or padding.

Okay, I offered this guy $90. He’s wanting $125 because he barely used them. I told him I have too many gloves and my offer is firm. He’s considering it. These are Sabas Prime TC pro gloves with the welted seam and canvas liner. He doesn’t know I really don’t care about rough lining but he’s seen me train in Casanova’s and Boxeo’s so if he knows gloves he knows I don’t care. Like I said I’ve seen these gloves every time he’s used them. As usual he was hanging out in the trainer’s office watching tape on an opponent one of the pros is fighting in April. He’s an unusual dude. He knows a lot about boxing but hates training. He’s short and fat and will probably read this. But he readily admits he loves boxing but hates training. As an aside, I got hit on my left floating rib tonight while doing body sparring. Didn’t really hurt at the time but it was a solid shot. Hurts like hell now. It’s hell getting old. If I get the gloves I’m going to post them here.

I seen this a few times with some people I know ordered from NS. NS isn't known for using the best grade leather (I suspect they take leftover leather from their other brand jobs to save costs), so you see like weird marks, cuts, even maybe discoloration with them a lot of times. NS is very shady in hiding them in pictures.

I just got a reply of them apologising, saying he will talk to production and get back to me tomorrow. Other than that the gloves genuinely feel brilliant and the leather feels quality. I just hope it does get resolved if it does it proves they genuinely have turned a new leaf...im hoping so.

If the cut was anywhere else I wouldn't be to bothered but it's right down the knuckle so not sure how much it'd take before it splits.

What happened in the end? Are those the gloves in your profile picture
YEs this are those gloves. First I've asked them for a discount on this gloves but without result. Yhen I've tried with paypal refund but didn't work. I was pissed as hell since I was waiting for this gloves 4 months and read a lot og lies from them.

Not Mexican, but Mexican style. Have many people got the bigger oz 14/16 Top Boxer Aliens? I am trying to determine whether to get a pair in 14oz Velcros, but some photos they look very big and awkward, and in some places they look nice and sleek. Does anyone know if they have been tweaked recently?

Not Mexican, but Mexican style. Have many people got the bigger oz 14/16 Top Boxer Aliens? I am trying to determine whether to get a pair in 14oz Velcros, but some photos they look very big and awkward, and in some places they look nice and sleek. Does anyone know if they have been tweaked recently?

I posted a picture of 10oz, 12oz, 14oz and 16oz Aliens in some other thread before, probably either the TopBoxer thread or the Post Your Gear one.

I have Topboxer custom Aliens in 20oz. No, they're not any bigger than my other 20oz gloves (another Topboxer but this one is a Win1 custom and a pair of Everlast MX) 20oz gloves are bigger by virtue of the weight of the glove. At my gym there are some pro fighters who kinda set the standard for glove weights. So if you weigh 200+ and show up in 14oz sparring gloves, there's probably going to be a confrontation or one of them might just get in the ring with you. The amateurs and some of the female boxers use lighter gloves. I only spar in 20oz and depending on what I'm doing its 18oz or 16oz. But Topboxer gloves are no larger than other gloves unless you request that.

I found the win1s on the big side. I posted a comparison pic of different 16s and the top boxer is the second biggest (the biggest are almost comically large). Sort of the biggest I think inwould ever want to wear, so if aliens are bigger, I'd say too big for me.

Call this a naive question, but they don't use great leather, ignore/block customers who have issues, and send out damaged goods. And apparently people know this ahead of time?

Why on earth is anyone buying from them??

Hi guys,

Received my gloves from New sporting today, since I'm in the USA I ordered them direct.

Word of warning, be very careful when you order from them and make sure you get a picture of both gloves each side...Still up to there old tricks barring better at delivery!!!

Mine came with a cut down the middle of my right glove!!!!! Yet when they sent me pictures of my gloves on both pictures the right glove was facing back, unfortunately I didn't see this and to make matters worse they sent a video and posted one on Instagram of my left glove all laced up!! Yet when it arrive my left glove wasn't laced, but my right one was!

Its frustrating because the gloves are perfect!!! Let's see if I get blocked View attachment 842056 View attachment 842057

Hey @Kendodsworth
It's a shame you have faced this situation and very bad from their side doing that shady sharing of pictures. It surprises how some of these informal businesses prefer saving a few $ and putting their whole reputation at risk - short term vision.

I'm not justifying or on their side, but unfortunately, this same situation has happened to me before with Campeon also. And they just blamed it on the shipper and no justification nor apologies. I basically have faced incidences with all the Mexican brands at least once, and it's because their processes are inconsistent, and they don't really have any quality process in place. So say "1 of each 10 orders", may come out with some issue.

@Mark6pro @KidMoe I wouldn't say their quality of leather is bad. To be honest, these NS gloves have been the top quality for me in comparison to the other MX brands I've been trying out so far. Their reputation is bad, yes, but being realistic they do have a good product.

I would love for you all outside MX to someday have the chance to live in Mexico for several months, so you can get to understand part of our culture. Some goods and wrongs... informal business education is a weak spot. As Mexican, you get kind of used when dealing with informal business, that you are basically flipping a coin to the air, where you may sometime find the golden charm from a small informal business, but very often you'll be facing with people that haven't really been educated with elements about the customer experience, its value, quality, etc...

Again, I'm not at all protecting these brands or justifying them. Just trying to give some context on with who you are dealing with.
Ignorance of modern business practices, customer elements, reputation, etc... these are things that may not sound as important to them, and instead they are more focused into getting some immediate $ to pay their spendings. Very often, even their financials management don't expect them to even be managed or organized for these informal business.

Being Mexican and having ordered several dozens of pairs from these different brands, helps you understand how to be picky and manage transactions with them so you get a bit less of risk fully at your own side.

@Kendodsworth please let us know what they come back with. How was the process you followed to order your gloves? Was it through WhatsApp with Daniel or through the Instagram? These are 2 different persons handling orders. Would be interesting to know.

Would you mind me raising this issue with Daniel next time I speak with him?

Edgar

Hey @Kendodsworth
It's a shame you have faced this situation and very bad from their side doing that shady sharing of pictures. It surprises how some of these informal businesses prefer saving a few $ and putting their whole reputation at risk - short term vision.

I'm not justifying or on their side, but unfortunately, this same situation has happened to me before with Campeon also. And they just blamed it on the shipper and no justification nor apologies. I basically have faced incidences with all the Mexican brands at least once, and it's because their processes are inconsistent, and they don't really have any quality process in place. So say "1 of each 10 orders", may come out with some issue.

@Mark6pro @KidMoe I wouldn't say their quality of leather is bad. To be honest, these NS gloves have been the top quality for me in comparison to the other MX brands I've been trying out so far. Their reputation is bad, yes, but being realistic they do have a good product.

I would love for you all outside MX to someday have the chance to live in Mexico for several months, so you can get to understand part of our culture. Some goods and wrongs... informal business education is a weak spot. As Mexican, you get kind of used when dealing with informal business, that you are basically flipping a coin to the air, where you may sometime find the golden charm from a small informal business, but very often you'll be facing with people that haven't really been educated with elements about the customer experience, its value, quality, etc...

Again, I'm not at all protecting these brands or justifying them. Just trying to give some context on with who you are dealing with.
Ignorance of modern business practices, customer elements, reputation, etc... these are things that may not sound as important to them, and instead they are more focused into getting some immediate $ to pay their spendings. Very often, even their financials management don't expect them to even be managed or organized for these informal business.

Being Mexican and having ordered several dozens of pairs from these different brands, helps you understand how to be picky and manage transactions with them so you get a bit less of risk fully at your own side.

@Kendodsworth please let us know what they come back with. How was the process you followed to order your gloves? Was it through WhatsApp with Daniel or through the Instagram? These are 2 different persons handling orders. Would be interesting to know.

Edgar

That's a very thoughtful answer and makes sense, thank you. Sounds like it may be an opportunity for someone to jump in as a distributor for a place like that. I've speculated that may be the case with Russianboxer, also made in Mexico but obviously marketed a certain way.

Call this a naive question, but they don't use great leather, ignore/block customers who have issues, and send out damaged goods. And apparently people know this ahead of time?

Why on earth is anyone buying from them??
The non-aesthetic parts such as the feel of the padding and of the glove. Seriously, if the aesthetic stuff doesn't bother you, NS is still top in performance for Mexican Gloves in my books. However, my NS gloves are from when they were still relatively unknown (maybe back from June 2018 or so, back when they still give you a choice of their Cletos 1A or Grant 2B model) and didn't skim on the quality control.

Edgar[/QUOTE]
Yeah I totally understand, I'd expect some small issues like with stitching etc and other stuff, gives the gloves a bit of charm and has that handmade feel.

But like many have said the leather quality and the build quality is fantastic just shame about the shady stuff.

Still waiting for a reply as of now buy of course I'll keep you all informed and more than happy for you to do that

For those who are not Russian, what would be the appeal of buying a glove branded Russian Boxer?

Back