Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok after using it for two rounds of sparring I can say that I really need to tighten it properly as it moves around if someone gets you with a good one. It can sure take some hits, but the bar is small and sticks out so if you get uppercutted you take the full hit. I'm a big guy so the 2lbs weight does not bother me.

Compared to Winnings the bar is a little lower as it covers more of the mouth and a small portion of the nose. The front frame feels like metal. The bar portion sticks out and looks like a Reyes headgear (haven't tried Reyes so I dunno). Definitely WAY heavier.

Just used cheap walmart laces and they are good to go. Will try them out this upcoming Thursday for round 2.

Last edited:
Hi.
I must say You than Reyes and Seyer are the best constructed Mexican gloves.

Zepol. Narrower than Reyes IMO have the best design of the Mexican gloves, extremely comfortable, very soft leather and 100% natural latex padd.
Seyer. Narrower than Reyes, great quality construction, short cuff, in the begining are stiffer than all the other Mexican brands, very protective because its padd is hig compressed natural latex.
Casanova. Wide in the pocket, very protective and great support to the wrist.
JC Pacheco. Very, very nice gloves, great protection, stiff gloves in the begining, close in quality construction to Reyes and Seyer.
Morales, good gloves for hard training
Boxeo. Very Comfortable gloves all made in goat leather, well pad, a little "ugly" gloves, but very long lasting ones, Nacho Beristain have a lot of gym equipment by Boxeo.
All the Mexican boxing gear are made to last and for comfort.

Please feel free to ask.:)

Am looking for a source,address, email address for JC gear.Can you [email protected]

The leather smells different since it's goat. The Padding is very soft and can be used to spar right off the bat. The laces that came with it are more than long enough. The screen printing appears painted on instead of sprayed on so we'll see how it holds up. Very well made, I would recommend it and they do custom work.

I love it so far, will take it for a ride when I go sparring with it tomorrow.

So how did the Boxeo gloves work out during sparring?

So how did the Boxeo gloves work out during sparring?

They are nice, soft, and mold to your hands. For heavy bags I don't know if it wasn't laced up tight enough but I had to really concentrate to avoid hurting my hand. Will have to test more thursday.

They are nice, soft, and mold to your hands. For heavy bags I don't know if it wasn't laced up tight enough but I had to really concentrate to avoid hurting my hand. Will have to test more thursday.
Do they use welted seams?

Ok sparred tonight and tested each new equipment.

JC Headgear: Nosebar was actually a little higher than when I put it on. Very good if you have a big nose. I really had to tighten the laces to get it to stick. When it's thight, the sides of your head feel like it's being compressed. For Winning it's your forehead, for the Jc it's the sides. They had a metal buckle, but I preferred the plastic clip like FG-5000. It took shots very well, but moved around quite a bit. If it didn't move around so much, I would stay it's perfect.

+: can take hits, very protective

-: moves around if solid hits are taken, sides feel like strangling your face if you wear it too long.

Not quite an FG-5000, but offers the same type of nose protection. I would get this if you don't want to get a Reyes and want a custom color. If adjusted properly it could give the FG-5000 run for it's money if are a big boy and can deal with the 2 lbs weight. 9.0/10

Boxeo 18oz Gloves: The goat leather produces a very strong smell. My nose is dead and I can smell it. The smell is a good one. The hand compartment is very big which makes it not a good choice for heavy bags. I can do drill, hit mitts, and spar really well and have them provide very good protection.

+Smells fresh all the time, soft knuckles for sparring, lots of padding in wrist area, very protective.

-: hand area a little too big, bad for heavy bag.

9/10

Last edited:
About the welting, nowadays Boxeo make that too.

Saludos

this is what I was asking about, so can Boxeo gloves be made with welted seams? Are yours Deathstrike - that little white strip that runs along the seam?

this is what I was asking about, so can Boxeo gloves be made with welted seams? Are yours Deathstrike - that little white strip that runs along the seam?

I've looked up the definition, but have no idea what a welted seam looks like.

I've looked up the definition, but have no idea what a welted seam looks like.

Thin strip of leather that runs through the seam of the gloves.

BC6F360B-9668-4336-A413-C7DA35EA8DBD-6106-000003733733BB96.jpg

1E143232-5FA8-480E-ACAE-A7E973BB3618-6106-000003732166F098.jpg

When Ringside started carrying them. I had to return them TWO times due to the lining ripping. Great padding but but I had bad luck with them.

This thread should get "best thread of the year" award imo- no one argues and everyone is getting what they wanted (except for Clamp and his JCs :icon_cry2).

When Ringside started carrying them. I had to return them TWO times due to the lining ripping. Great padding but but I had bad luck with them.

This is my second pair. I sold the first one and regretted it since. I got lucky last week and found these locally on craigslist for $40.00. I love these gloves.

This thread should get "best thread of the year" award imo- no one argues and everyone is getting what they wanted (except for Clamp and his JCs :icon_cry2).

After reading that last post, I'm starting to think he's cursed. :icon_evil

Nah not cursed. Picky yes but not cursed. :) I had real bad luck with the JCs. I'm not really using them but I am trying them out for a review that I'm doing.

This is my second pair. I sold the first one and regretted it since. I got lucky last week and found these locally on craigslist for $40.00. I love these gloves.

After reading that last post, I'm starting to think he's cursed. :icon_evil

What do you expect from someone who leaves their gear on the front porch?

Do you a contact email for JC boxing equipment and the cup protector, what is the height in inches of the sides without hip protector ? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back