Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys...Sorry to diverge the thread a bit, but if you want a nicely cut, affordable and protective sparring glove you gotta give billboxing's gloves a try. Just received mine today and they have great proportions and excellent protection. Having tried the JC's I thought I would mention how superior as sparring gloves the Beaulieus are. JC's might be a little more flamboiant, but Beaulieus are pure functionality and no bad looks either, exactly what I was looking for when I ordered the JCs

My 18oz Gold Boxeo's are in! Technoir will take better pics later and is going to get my headgear/gloves airbrushed now.

Boxeo1.jpg

Boxeo2.jpg

Dear God they're hideous!

uhh I mean congrats! :p

LOL thanks, Technoir said they weren't the best looking gloves, so I figured some gold paint and some lettering would change that, kinda like putting makeup on an ugly girl.

What color will the lettering be? White? BTW I noticed that you have a fascination with gold :)

What color will the lettering be? White? BTW I noticed that you have a fascination with gold :)

Lettering will be red, don't know the font; I asked Technoir to pick something cool. It's just going to say, "Deathstriker" on my headgear and my gloves.

I really like gold and was inspired by the gold Winning gear to make a headgear and gloves all gold without having to watch the color fade.

So what is going on with all the gear everyone is waiting on.

My gloves just left custom. Should be here tomorrow or the day after. Of course there will be lots of pics and a review.

So what is going on with all the gear everyone is waiting on.

No idea of the whereabouts from shipment 2:(

Shipment 3 is being airbrushed and should be done next Wednesday. I will use a different shipping service and hopefully will get the package faster and be able to track it better to avoid the problem of shipment 2.

DEATHSTRIKER lettering haha, I hope you live up to it! :D

Hi guys...Sorry to diverge the thread a bit, but if you want a nicely cut, affordable and protective sparring glove you gotta give billboxing's gloves a try. Just received mine today and they have great proportions and excellent protection. Having tried the JC's I thought I would mention how superior as sparring gloves the Beaulieus are. JC's might be a little more flamboiant, but Beaulieus are pure functionality and no bad looks either, exactly what I was looking for when I ordered the JCs

I think he takes custom orders now as well, he just sent me a custom order form for a possible headguard I was interested in

edit:

has some new boots too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221153171140

Last edited:
DEATHSTRIKER lettering haha, I hope you live up to it! :D

I split the letters so one glove will have, "death" on it and the other, "striker". Same with the helmet, with each on one side. I just realized I made the jab hand the, "death" hand so made my left hooks will hit hard.:icon_twis

I really like Juan's service but I hate the waiting lol. this is what goes into getting custom gear made though. After this experience, I'm just going to make my own brand of gear. At least the wait will be worth it since I'll be able to make money back.

I really like Juan's service but I hate the waiting lol. this is what goes into getting custom gear made though. After this experience, I'm just going to make my own brand of gear. At least the wait will be worth it since I'll be able to make money back.

A little off topic, but I recently ordered a custom suit, shirt, and tie. All made in Thailand, and each piece was shipped off as soon as it was finished (to avoid potential customs fees). The first two things that came were the pants and the tie (at the same time) after a week. Next was the jacket a week later. Then after another week the dress shirt came in. The order was a little funny, but they all arrived via UPS on the scheduled time. They probably have a UPS deal though just like Muay thai fighting. Shipping was kinda high but worth it in a sense.

Back on topic, isn't someone here making their own gear for fun already?

About to order some 12oz gloves and a facebar headgear from juan.

I'm not sure yet. On a related note. My custom gloves just came in. I'm very impressed with the Zepols. Very nice gloves. My custom 16 oz JCs aren't as awesome as my 18 oz JC gloves. They're really nice but the 18 oz just fit me better. The 16 oz padding is even harder and the fit is even tighter. I'll break these ones in and do a review. I can't wait to get them used up.

Ill do more shots and comparisons later but all I have to say is that I now prefer the Zepols over the JCs. The Zepols padding is softer the leather is broken in and the fit is much better. They're more top heavy than the JCs, which are awesomely evenly distributed. Comparison pictures of 3 Mexican 16 oz gloves:
SANY0116.jpg

SANY0118.jpg

One thing I hate are short laces. The JCs lose again. The Zepol is awesome because the laces are ribbons!

SANY0122.jpg

Great pics, congrats on the new gloves. Kind of on-topic, do you have any opinions on lace-up Reyes vs velcro Reyes? Do you use a velcro converter? I'm torn between which ones to get in 16oz size.

It depends on your gym bud. Is it a class format or one on one format?

Velcro Reyes have very poor wrist support imo, the wrist is really flexible, I would think lace-up would be the way to go. Is the padding stiff in the Reyes lace-ups Clamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back