Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your gym bud. Is it a class format or one on one format?

One on one.

I recently picked up some Reyes for a friend (14 ep)from Lockwoods and am considering getting some for myself simply because of the build quality, heritage and value. They would see part time use for sparring, and to be honest more of a gear whore kinda purchase though I wouldn't mind hitting my HB at home with them from time to time.

Also, thanks minowa. I wrap my wrists very well and often just have my gloves laced loose enough I can slip my hands in unless I'm sparring. I have a converter, but have never used it.

Basically wondering if the quality of the hook and loops is as high as the lace ups?

I'm not sure yet. On a related note. My custom gloves just came in. I'm very impressed with the Zepols. Very nice gloves. My custom 16 oz JCs aren't as awesome as my 18 oz JC gloves. They're really nice but the 18 oz just fit me better. The 16 oz padding is even harder and the fit is even tighter. I'll break these ones in and do a review. I can't wait to get them used up.

So would you say that the 18oz has softer padding than the 16?

I got a pair of 18oz Zepols from Juan a few months ago they have a great feel and the foam feels nice and broke in. What i have to compare them to is the golden gears BGV1 air. The pad and leather feels great for sparring, even thow it is a single dencity pad my hand feals very protected and and i havent fealt the pad botom out. I also bought some 10oz Zepols for to get used to fight gloves. Those havent broke in fully yet still feel tight around my knucles. I just ordered a 12oz lace and velcro Pachecos from Juan for bag and pad work.

I got a pair of 18oz Zepols from Juan a few months ago they have a great feel and the foam feels nice and broke in. What i have to compare them to is the golden gears BGV1 air. The pad and leather feels great for sparring, even thow it is a single dencity pad my hand feals very protected and and i havent fealt the pad botom out. I also bought some 10oz Zepols for to get used to fight gloves. Those havent broke in fully yet still feel tight around my knucles. I just ordered a 12oz lace and velcro Pachecos from Juan for bag and pad work.

Did you order a facebar headgear also?

So would you say that the 18oz has softer padding than the 16?

Actually i would say so! The 18oz gloves just feel softer and better than the 16 oz for some reason. Also the 18 oz leather just looks better and the construction is overall better. The bad part though is the lining ripped on them and I had to return them to Juan so he could get Pacheco to repair them. I'm digging the Zepols so much that I wish I just ordered 2 of them instead of 2 JCs. Oh well I needed a pair for bag and sparring.

Actually i would say so! The 18oz gloves just feel softer and better than the 16 oz for some reason. Also the 18 oz leather just looks better and the construction is overall better. The bad part though is the lining ripped on them and I had to return them to Juan so he could get Pacheco to repair them. I'm digging the Zepols so much that I wish I just ordered 2 of them instead of 2 JCs. Oh well I needed a pair for bag and sparring.

Wow, no idea how that could happen, pretty inconsistent o_O

Do you think the 18oz JC's are sparrable?

where are you guys getting the lettering done on your gear? I might want to get my name on my facebar in silver

JC for the headgear, Juan said that they are not recomemded for sparing since the pad is much denser.

where are you guys getting the lettering done on your gear? I might want to get my name on my facebar in silver

Juan sends it to a guy to get it airbrushed. You just tell him what you want written on it and what color. I didn't really care much for the font so I told him to pick something good looking for me. PM him if you want more info.

I still wouldn't spar with the 18 oz JCs. I just discovered that the 16 oz JC Pacheco has this extra material in the right thumb that digs into my thumb when I throw hooks. It's really annoying and I'm hoping that during the break in process they'll get softer or shrink or something because it's a bit stiff and uncomfortable. This sucks. I loved the 18 oz version and I'm not really feeling the 16 oz ones. I highly recommend Zepol gloves if you're going custom.

Ok, pics for my airbrushed gear are in!!!

Boxeo3.jpg

Boxeo4.jpg

Boxeo5.jpg

lol how are you going to explain that to ppl you spar with? being a Death Striker I mean

the Boxeos dont look that bad actually

looks good, I like the font they choose. almost like a comic book font.

lol how are you going to explain that to ppl you spar with? being a Death Striker I mean

the Boxeos dont look that bad actually

People usually don't comment or say, "nice gear where did you get it?" and don't really care for it after that because they don't want to shell out the cash. But when my coach sees it he puts me on blast that I spent a lot of money on gear again. We'll see about the Death Striker part when I put them on for sparring, newer guys might get nervous or something:icon_chee

looks good, I like the font they choose. almost like a comic book font.

I like it too, the last one was fancy, but this is WAY different and looks good too.

Agree with Minowafanatic. The Boxeo actually look nice from the top view.

Is the JC headgear one size fits most?

Don't feel like combing through this thread. Anyone pick up a pair of Campeon gloves?

Agree with Minowafanatic. The Boxeo actually look nice from the top view.

Is the JC headgear one size fits most?

Don't feel like combing through this thread. Anyone pick up a pair of Campeon gloves?

JC headgear is one size fits all. I don't think anyone has bought Campeon's yet, but I do recall Juan posting some pictures of them. Goatskin like the Boxeo's, but no customs as on page 9.

how is the fit and feel of the boxeo's?

Juan still has to ship it to me, he's going to give me the quote tomorrow. Not using Mexipost for sure as my other shipment appears lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back