Metal Gear solid/ Hideo GOATjima appreciation thread

I chubbed up during the Quiet rain scene. Stefanie Joosten is hot.

Yep, the last Kojima MGS.

I honestly can't wait to see how badly Konami bastardizes the franchise in the coming years. Konami is going to crash harder than THQ one of these days, when all this bullshit catches up to them.
Nothing but MGS pachi nko (I had to break it up because "*****" is censored on here) slot machines for now on. :(

I chubbed up during the Quiet rain scene. Stefanie Joosten is hot.

Yup, would wife. Was watching her behind the scenes video on youtube and stumbled across a lot of other stuff with her in it. For example I didn't know she sang her own song, the quiet theme. She also streams on twitch every once in awhile, she was playing MGS5 this morning. She's fucking cute, plays games, speaks Japanese and sings. Sounds like wife material to me. :p

I actually can't stop playing this, i loved Witcher 3 but it didn't grab me as much as this. Definite goty so far for me.

I stopped reading that once they listed Fatman. IGN gonna IGN.

I actually can't stop playing this, i loved Witcher 3 but it didn't grab me as much as this. Definite goty so far for me.

Other than Skull Face being lame and having generic villain dialogue I liked it tons

They try to justify it by saying she uses photosynthesis to survive and clothing would suffocate her :icon_lol:

It seems like every reviewer has had a problem with Quiet being nearly naked. Oh fucking please.

It really shows how awesome a game is when one of the biggest complaints is that the only smoking hot character is not wearing enough clothes.

Lol, a staff of writers don't share the same opinions as me?! Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble!

It seems like every reviewer has had a problem with Quiet being nearly naked. Oh fucking please.

It really shows how awesome a game is when one of the biggest complaints is that the only smoking hot character is not wearing enough clothes.

I think it's awesome, it's like they sat in a room saying "Ok we're going to make the hot chick pretty much naked just because, how can we explain this so we don't get as much flak?" :)

Lol, another poster doesn't share the same opinion as me?! Nope.

I think it's awesome, it's like they sat in a room saying "Ok we're going to make the hot chick pretty much naked just because, how can we explain this so we don't get as much flak?" :)

I had alot bigger problem with so many characters in bent-over poses in MGS4...

All of the Beauty and the Beast squad, right before you're supposed to kill them in their human forms.

Mei Ling, in the mission briefing for the final act.

And Snake, when he's crawling through the microwave hall.

Don't remember any complaints about this in any review. But oh, Quiet's clothing is making you uncomfortable? Fucking please.

tumblr_nqru4ytldO1uzdakfo1_400.gif

What the fuck is this?!?

About the ending plot twist thing that I mentioned I accidentally spoiled for myself

Is it just me of is his name appearing as Venom Snake kind of a big clue? I have followed along some of the Metal Gear plot lines a bit (I know of all the Snakes and general story) so just seeing the name "Venom Snake" constantly appearing on the screen made me just too curious for my own good. And of course my curiousity led me to look into why he was being called that and then BOOM spoiled the shit out of it lol. So to the guys who are big Metal Gear fans, what were you thinking when you kept seeing Venom Snake? To a guy like me (I wouldn't consider myself a big fan- but might become one :) ) it just popped out immediately since I was wondering why the hell they weren't calling him Big Boss

Can the shark still shoot laser beams with an eye patch?

It's not letting me do any FOB missions, every base on the list is currently being invaded. anyone else get this?

Lol, a staff of writers don't share the same opinions as me?! Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble!

Oh please. This is like Rolling Stone having a 'Top 10 Metallica Albums' list and having St. Anger as #1.

About the ending plot twist thing that I mentioned I accidentally spoiled for myself

Is it just me of is his name appearing as Venom Snake kind of a big clue? I have followed along some of the Metal Gear plot lines a bit (I know of all the Snakes and general story) so just seeing the name "Venom Snake" constantly appearing on the screen made me just too curious for my own good. And of course my curiousity led me to look into why he was being called that and then BOOM spoiled the shit out of it lol. So to the guys who are big Metal Gear fans, what were you thinking when you kept seeing Venom Snake? To a guy like me (I wouldn't consider myself a big fan- but might become one :) ) it just popped out immediately since I was wondering why the hell they weren't calling him Big Boss
The credits kinda gave it away in the beginning too by showing that Kiefer Sutherland voices both "Big Boss" and Ishmael.

Thanks for reminding me of St. Anger. :(

I honestly thought nothing of it, since I figured this game was about Snake's decent into becoming evil, I thought it just meant he was venomous/bad by the end of it.

Lol, another poster doesn't share the same opinion as me?! Nope.

Yes, that was my response. If I said you were a joke you might have been able to draw a comparison.

Been playing MGS Rising recently. Didn't even know this game existed until I bought it during last month's PSN flash sale. It's a nice little spin-off from the main series even though the difficulty is a little janky.

I've never played a MGS game but I've been itching to. It's free on Xbone this month but i don't have Live and don't plan on using it anytime soon so I'm holding off to make sure i want it, $10 isn't bad at all tho. I tried Hitman Absolution for a few minutes for the first time and i will definitely get into that game, I'm assuming MGS is similar.

All these articles talking about how Konami didn't let Kojima finish the game and that there was a third chapter really pisses me off. Fuck Konami

MGS4 my fav, was my first MGS game too, been in love with the series ever since. Can't believe its a little over a week away already. I really hope if this is Kojima's swan song with the MGS series, that it goes out with a huge bang as the best game in the series.

I been playing the Big Boss saga this past month, beat MGS3, then just finished MGS PW, then GZ, so I'm all caught up on the canon Big Boss story since Portable ops doesn't count.

Now I'm playing through MGS4, technically I should play MGS1, MGS2 and then MGS4 so I can be in chronological order, but its a small part because Big Boss is at the end of it and its the end of not only Solid Snake's story, but Big Boss as well, but mostly I'm playing it because its my favorite and its been a few years since I played it and I need something to hold me over for the next week.

All these articles talking about how Konami didn't let Kojima finish the game and that there was a third chapter really pisses me off. Fuck Konami

Something just occurred to me.

Imagine this.... Konami releases Ground Zeroes in 2014.
Then they release PP Chapter 1 in 2015.
Then they release PP Chapter 2 in 2016.
And finally, release PP Chapter 3 in 2017.

If they included additional side material for each release, it would have been worth a $60 Day 1 purchase (besides Ground Zeroes), not to mention what people would have been spending on the DLC and microtransactions for the multiplayer.

My point being, Konami fucked up from the potential money they could have made through this, far more than they're currently making now.

And as a fan, we could have got the closure we wanted for the final game in the series, instead of having far more questions at the end of the game than the beginning.

In MGS3, in NG+ did you keep the camos you unlocked on your previous playthrough?

Yup, and I found out later there were even downloadable camos if you hooked up your ps2 to online :eek: don't know if it still applies to the ps3 version though.

Kojima deserves blame as well. He was taking his sweet ass time and spending upwards of $80 mil of their money on 1 game.

So the review embargo is suppose to lift today, though the specific time is unknown.

Did anyone order the Collector's Edition?

mgs-5-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition_1920.0.jpg

Kojima deserves blame as well. He was taking his sweet ass time and spending upwards of $80 mil of their money on 1 game.

and look at the type of game we got because of it, plus hasn't there been several reports of shitty working conditions in Konami?

Reviews are pouring in

Gamespot 10/10
Every fan of Metal Gear has their favorite game in the series. For some, it's the unique gameplay quirks, memorable set pieces, or specific plot points that dictate their adoration for one game over another. When defining the best Metal Gear game, things get trickier, but with The Phantom Pain, that problem is finally resolved. There has never been a game in the series with such depth to its gameplay, or so much volume in content. The best elements from the past games are here, and the new open-world gameplay adds more to love on top. When it comes to storytelling, there has never been a Metal Gear game that's so consistent in tone, daring in subject matter, and so captivating in presentation. The Phantom Pain may be a contender for one of the best action games ever made, but is undoubtedly the best Metal Gear game there is.

IGN 10/10
The Phantom Pain is the kind of game I thought would never exist - one where every minute gameplay detail has true purpose. Its lack of story focus is sure to be divisive for the Metal Gear faithful, but the resulting emphasis on my story, my tales of Espionage Action, easily make it my favorite in the series. There have certainly been sandbox action games that have given me a bigger world to roam, or more little icons to chase on my minimap, but none have pushed me to plan, adapt, and improvise the way this one does. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain doesn

$80 Million on 1 game isn't much of an investment for a guaranteed blockbuster title that'll give them their money returned within a day or two at launch.

Compare that to GTA5 or Destiny's budgets, and you'll see $80 Million is a bargain.

^ All those reviews put a smile on my face, had no doubt that Kojima would go out with a bang and make yet another amazing game.

I'll never understand these executives that pull the rug out from under the creative people that made them successful in the first place.

Back