Met this pseudo French/Northern English chick

I can get myself from one end of town to the other, describe a person/place/thing, ask for help, that sort of thing in Spanish. That's gonna be it. But I grew up around Puerto Ricans so my pronunciations and accent were spot on. Was able to bluff people into thinking I knew more than I did... but also got into the awkward spots where people unloaded rapid fire and I got lost fast.

“Born and raised in France...When she spoke French she did it in a French accent...”

What accent did you think she was going to speak it in? Latvian?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Last edited:
“Born and raised in France...When she spoke French she did it in a French accent...”

What accent did you thing she was going to speak it in? Latvian?

<JagsKiddingMe>
Yeah but nah but that wasn't the point I don't think

I can get myself from one end of town to the other, describe a person/place/thing, ask for help, that sort of thing in Spanish. That's gonna be it. But I grew up around Puerto Ricans so my pronunciations and accent were spot on.

If you grew up around Puerto Ricans your pronunciation is anything but spot on.

Polish guy told me they are horrible

Cant say if true or not
polish men are the most ridiculously featureless dudes in europe. the best looking polish dudes are a combination of steroid bodyguard/drunk auto worker. that's their best ones.

polish women on the other hand....
52517.jpg

If you grew up around Puerto Ricans your pronunciation is anything but spot on.

Lol. Fair enough maybe but it was certainly recognizable as a "Spanish speaker." Most people learning a language (especially one in the same alphabet), if they weren't around it before, fuck up the vowels and consonant clusters like a mid-west mom trying to read a menu.

polish men are the most ridiculously featureless dudes in europe. the best looking polish dudes are a combination of steroid bodyguard/drunk auto worker. that's their best ones.

polish women on the other hand....
52517.jpg

steroid bodyguard look sounds awesome

OkWnHmR.png

French Canadian chicks can be cute

Lol. Fair enough maybe but it was certainly recognizable as a "Spanish speaker." Most people learning a language (especially one in the same alphabet), if they weren't around it before, fuck up the vowels and consonant clusters like a mid-west mom trying to read a menu.

Just ribbin ya and also Puerto Ricans because they don’t pronounce the R in the middle of my name. If you talk like them then that just makes your Spanish seem even more authentic cause it’s fucked up but genuine fucked up not Hollywood hispanic portrayal fucked up.

Your point was shitting on a polyglot?
Shitting on a polyglot sounds like something you need to see a doctor about

No, was no disrespect to her, point was it was really weird talking to a person who, to all intents and purposes, looks and sounds very English, but wasn't actually native to the language.
A person with an English accent trying to say 'pencil sharpener' for the first time with no clue as to what it was or how to pronounce it. It was funny, she thought so too

She was here to get some kind of work experience for part of the degree she was doing, dude was immensely talented and intelligent

Born in Algeria , moved to France when she was about 5 or 6.

Means she can swear at me in 3 languages. ( plus Italian and Spanish too ).
Nice, my wife can go Gaelic if she needs to, but she's lived over here in England so long she now swears in an Essex accent mostly.
Instead of fookin coont it's now facking coont. Eventually it will be facking caaant

Back