• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Men age better than women but women live longer than men. Can you explain it?

That shit is cap. 100%.

Mixed race.

Asians

Latinas

They all can age very well. They just don't have a catchy slogan everyone repeats about their aging.

Regardless of ethnicity if they don't smoke, eat vegetables, and stay physically active everyone can look good in their 40s, 50s, and beyond.

I've seen blonde white women in their late 40s who eat well, take care of themselves, and spend half the week doing yoga in the day and salsa dancing at night who look great and could pass for 32.

I've seen 27 year olds who chain smoke, haven't touched a vegetable in ten years, and wait tables at a truck stop diner who look like they could pass for 52.

Regardless of ethnicity if they don't smoke, eat vegetables, and stay physically active everyone can look good in their 40s, 50s, and beyond.

I've seen blonde white women in their late 40s who eat well, take care of themselves, and spend half the week doing yoga in the day and salsa dancing at night who look great and could pass for 32.

I've seen 27 year olds who chain smoke, haven't touched a vegetable in ten years, and wait tables at a truck stop diner who look like they could pass for 52.

And ultimately, from a physical appearance standpoint which is what we are discussing here, a lot of bw do age very well. I'm not blind to that. There's just a lame approach to this shit discussion that always gets a pass by certain people.

You'll notice that the guy who I was responding to threw in the qualifier that Asians age well because their diets are better. Yeah no shit. Then he goes on to write that health conscious black people age well. Yeah no shit. People who do things to take care of themselves age better. You're not going to find a bunch of Black people that aged well if all they did was drink and smoke. Same for any group. Brown, olive and black skin are obviously more resistant to the harm of the sun but that's just 1 factor.

I know you're a fluffy ethereal kind of guy and that's super cute.

Not everyone carries worthwhile wisdom and not everyone has meaningful character. Thinking you can suss those things out or "see" them just by looking at someone's face is cute. But as I wrote earlier, I know that's the kind of poster you are.

You can discern those things once you get to know someone. Sometimes very quickly. But you can't do it by simply looking at a face.

There's nothing sad about it. You often can't judge a book by its cover. That's quite literally what you are advocating and trying to mask it with spirituality. You sound like those women who swear they are great judges of character because they can "feel vibes" yet somehow always end up with the worst possible friends and men. In other words, a charlatan.
So because someone holds a differing opinion you are reduced to insults? lol.

The value of a person is more important to beauty than external youthful looks. Only a degenerate society can't see that.

The thread is about why men age better than women... They don't. People only think that because they have a very shallow view of women and beauty and hild a double standard in the way it is measured.

Basically the premise of the question is flawed.

Also I'm not remotely ephemeral or fluffy... WTF?

Well, females become practically asexual inbetweens in some cases after 40/45 based on genetics, diet, etc.
Males are still producing lovely juices and hormones till the end of their days even on a regressing level.

Males are also way more stressed and more affine to idiotic impulsive and risky behaviour and I love it!
That's why we die earlier on average.
Lovely juices. Sounds like you wanna drink

Men are more risk-takers. Just look the crazy jobs they would do compared to women.

Most of that isn't true. Was a documentary on this. Genetics play a big part.

My basic point is that generally people who eat well and try to avoid/slow aging will age better than people who do not. What's the documentary if you can recall the name?

If you looks at the CDC stats, heart disease kills the most people and men are more predisposed to getting it. Next item down the list is cancer, with lung cancer being #1. Men smoke more. #4 is accidents, which I assume includes workplace accidents, which again is going to be male-dominated. #5 is stroke with hypertension and atherosclerosis predisposing you to this. Men get both more. #6 is chronic lower respiratory disease, which includes COPD and is often smoking related. Again, men smoke more. #9 is chronic liver disease and cirrhosis; men drink more.

Women age worse because menopause.

Last edited:

The value of a person is more important to beauty than external youthful looks. Only a degenerate society can't see that.

The thread is about why men age better than women... They don't. People only think that because they have a very shallow view of women and beauty and hild a double standard in the way it is measured.

you’re saying everyone who disagrees with you are shallow? Sure. Most of us are wrong, and you’re right. Keep up the good fight

That opinion is only feasible in a framework of post modernism. Thus it is entirely suspect.

I say this because it is the menopause and women's roles as grandmothers that is behind their removal from the breeding pool.

If you looks at the CDC stats, heart disease kills the most people and men are more predisposed to getting it. Next item down the list is cancer, with lung cancer being #1. Men smoke more. #4 is accidents, which I assume includes workplace accidents, which again is going to be male-dominated. #5 is stroke with hypertension and atherosclerosis predisposing you to this. Men get both more. #6 is chronic lower respiratory disease, which includes COPD and is often smoking related. Again, men smoke more. #9 is chronic liver disease and cirrhosis; men drink more.

Women age worse because menopause.
I believe you can factor all that out and men die sooner anyway, I think oestrogen has some protective effects, but part of is hypothesised to be that externalising frustration/anger is worse for the heart than internalising it.

That opinion is only feasible in a framework of post modernism. Thus it is entirely suspect.

I say this because it is the menopause and women's roles as grandmothers that is behind their removal from the breeding pool.
I'm not equating beauty with being in the breeding pool and I'm just amazed how many people can't understand where the point is coming from.

My position comes from the dignity of the person and the dignity of the human being as creations of God and how much we have lost when we can't see the deep beauty and value in each created person's soul manifest in their physical body.

I'm not equating beauty with being in the breeding pool and I'm just amazed how many people can't understand where the point is coming from.

My position comes from the dignity of the person and the dignity of the human being as creations of God and how much we have lost when we can't see the deep beauty and value in each created person's soul manifest in their physical body.
It doesn't matter if you are equating it, it's a matter of the effects of evolution and our species dimorphism. You can say what you like and that can mean what you like, but we are referring to cold hard facts that are observable across cultures, time and species.

It doesn't matter if you are equating it, it's a matter of the effects of evolution and our species dimorphism. You can say what you like and that can mean what you like, but we are referring to cold hard facts that are observable across cultures, time and species.
That's really funny you would say something so basic in response to my post.

I'm talking about cold, hard facts. It's a fact that I have experienced the dignity of God and the dignity of the human being and it is a fact that as soon as that happened to me, I saw women and lots of other things in a profoundly different light and it is a fact that I can see through your basic survival of the fittest mindset to a greater reality.

Those are also all facts of my objective experience which is better and deeper because of my experience with God.

I believe you can factor all that out and men die sooner anyway, I think oestrogen has some protective effects, but part of is hypothesised to be that externalising frustration/anger is worse for the heart than internalising it.
I think you can factor out a lot of things related to lifestyle choices (booze, cigs, T2DM, etc...) but I think hypertension and atherosclerosis are still gonna be a bigger factor in dudes. I think men would still die sooner, but the gap might close. Idk though.

That's really funny you would say something so basic in response to my post.

I'm talking about cold, hard facts. It's a fact that I have experienced the dignity of God and the dignity of the human being and it is a fact that as soon as that happened to me, I saw women and lots of other things in a profoundly different light and it is a fact that I can see through your basic survival of the fittest mindset to a greater reality.

Those are also all facts of my objective experience which is better and deeper because of my experience with God.
Sure you can redefine beauty to win an argument, but we can quantify beauty, through symmetry and signifiers of fecundity. You can argue beauty is in the eye of the beholder but then you have to admit your outnumbered as a beholder by the rest of humanity and some significant parts of the mammal world.

Sure you can refine beauty to win an argument, but we can quantify beauty, through symmetry and signifiers of fecundity. You can argue beauty is in the eye of the beholder but then you have to admit your outnumbered as a beholder by the rest of humanity and some significant parts of the mammal world.
Unlike you may be doing I am not here to win an argument. That isn't my intent at all frankly . I'm here to show that there's a better way to view human beings than reducing them to shallow terms of physical beauty. And I'm showing the profoundly impoverished view that that is in relation to any kind of site. As soon as a person values, character and meaning, and more importantly the profound inherent dignity of the human person that shallow sight falls away quite naturally.

I'm not trying to win an argument. I'm simply revealing an impoverished view of humanity that our society takes for granted.

Women live longer than men on average. That last part is important. Lots of dumbass men drag that average down by dying young while engaging in risky behavior like jumping off a cruise ship in the middle of the night.

Women tend to have better emotional support than men, they spend so much time venting and complaining that they are able to alleviate a lot of the stress that bothers them. I think most men end up carrying most of their stress since it’s looked down upon for us to vent (especially to a female partner), and I think that stress takes a toll on you eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back