News Melvin Manhoef is coming out of retirement, set to fight on Dec. 28 in Japan

Melvin is sadder then chuck at this point does he have no friends or family to tell him to stop getting murdered in the cage?

If this a one off? It would be cool to see him KO Mark Hunt again for old time's sake.

Melvin_Manhoef_vs_Mark_Hunt.gif
You made my day here

Manhoef will face Igor Tanabe at INOKI-BOM-BA-YE in Tokio, Japan.
The event will be held on December 28 in honor for Antonio Inoki, who died in September this year.

View attachment 954832

According to my teammate (guy on the right), the 42-yo legendary Albert Kraus (left) will also fight on this event

I'm hoping for either one of his classic maulings or a come from behind submission from his opponent.
Much more fitting ways for this legend to retire on, not Yoel Romero taking his soul.

Melvin Manhoef lost his fight by submission.
Albert Kraus also lost his return fight, sustaining a nasty cut

upload_2022-12-28_17-41-14.jpeg

If this a one off? It would be cool to see him KO Mark Hunt again for old time's sake.

Melvin_Manhoef_vs_Mark_Hunt.gif
This is such a interesting knockout, and was perfect placement by Manhoef. Hunt has eaten harder shots for sure, but the right hand that followed the left was just right on the button, Turned Hunts lights out.

Didn't he just retire 3 minutes ago? These guys always come back.

That's too bad for Melvin. Hopefully he retires for good now.

His retirement never began in the first place.
He was retired when Yoel knocked him out and unretired when he woke up.
But yeah it is a shame.. Got me thinking, I remember all the arguments that we won't see much CTE in retired MMA-fighters due to the grappling, that when you suffer a big knockdown the fight is usually over etc. Im very certain that we will see alot of CTE, guys who should've retired but keeps going. Every fight after a certain point is disaster for the brain.
But it's their life, some do it for money, and some are just warriors who knows the risks but just loves to fight.

Back