Melvin Guillard Potentially Getting Cut?

To the people mentioning Leonard Garcia his fights are not only exciting but also tend to be rather close and hard to call while Guillard losses tend not to be so. He'll get a squash fight next anyways to cool this conversation for a bit... or to definitely send him packing.

it would be a really bad decision if UFC cuts this guy... even if he lost sometimes, he always give us good fights... I wish UFC didn't do that...

Quit spinning the numbers.

You don't get cut for losing two in a row. You get cut for losing three in a row.

Melvin will have another fight.

/thread

Hope not. Guillard stepped up late notice to fight Cerrone last year when it seemed other lightweights did't want to. He also fought 4 times last year while most fighters in the UFC barely manage 2 fights.

Quit spinning the numbers.

You don't get cut for losing two in a row. You get cut for losing three in a row.

Melvin will have another fight.

/thread

The quote in the op is coming directly from Dana white. All we're doing is speculating and having dicussion. So take your "/thread" shit to a different post.

going 1-4 is not a valid reason?

You can't just look at a sheet of paper and say, "Well he's 1 in 4, that's a REASON itself to cut him I guess..." Numbers aren't a reason, you can lose 5 in a row but if they are close, tough matches, exciting matches, against top guys - or personal things, filling in on late notice, going in injured even though you shouldn't have and so on and so forth.

Maybe slobbering around with a win loss report isn't gonna tell the story about how Gulliard would be snatched up by the competition right away and people want to watch him fight. You are the one who needs a reason besides "he went 1-4"...

he is a solid fighter to put on either a free card or a prelim broadcast due to someone probably getting ktfo

but yes if he gets cut bellator please

Hate to see him go, but if they can keep Hardy around I don't see why they can't give Melvin one more showing.

Hate to see him go, but if they can keep Hardy around I don't see why they can't give Melvin one more showing.

i think stand-up fighters who "bang" get much more slack when it comes to losing fights and not getting cut than someone who loses fights while also being boring. plus it's not like dan and melvin are fighting cupcakes either as they both lost to really good fighters.

I doubt it. Melvin is exciting and also a former TUFer, the UFC will keep him

Back