Meisha Tate: Ronda would beat Floyd Mayweather

lol, you know how hard it is to land a KO shot if someone just rushes you with their hands up? and he literally has no TD defense compared to an Olympic athlete/world champ in MMA, Now in Boxing she might not ever be the same human being walking out of the ring as she was walking in, however MMA rules, hes in trouble, he probally couldn't kick well or knee well so if she covers up and runs him into the fence tie up and toss him then its a matter of time before he taps or snaps, And lets be honest, what legend has he beaten when they were in their prime? Manny whoops him 5 yrs ago I believe and It pains me to even type that. Oscar? lol come on and that fight was super close. Canelo is the only one that I thought could beat Floyd in the ring and he was just to young, to be fair I think Floyd is the best of his Era without question, decades even. but he did duck manny for years before fighting. GGG is to wild honestly and once he cant get off with his stuff, I believe he breaks Thurman is a wildcard kind of like Ortiz was when Floyd fought(and sucker punched him IMO) But at the end of the day, theres not many people out there around that weight who don't compete in MMA that could handle Rousey. Say what you will, just MO.

Yea lets ignore his legendary footwork lol

Does anyone who's not invested in Ronda becoming the combat sport athlete of the millenium think Ronda could beat Floyd?

People don't understand how hard these guys hit at the elite level, even if they are not known for being 'power punchers'. I don't even like Floyd but he'd knock most people's teeth out before they had a chance to blink.

It's hilarious that there are still people stupid & gullible enough to believe that this is a case of them just "answering questions." This topic exists because the Zuffa marketing/PR team wants it to exist. They took a two a then two week old quote, once that wasn't picked up on immediately, and had their shills in the MMA media blow it up.

It's a deliberate, concerted effort on the part of the UFC, and you're a complete dolt if you're incapable of seeing that.

i'll just leave this here for use further down the thread.
5289_3f1f.gif

Lol

OMG somebody actually gets it. Anyone who thinks Ronda will be standing up at any point is mistaken. I'd expect her to bear-crawl at Mayweather exactly like Jon Jones used to at the start of his fights. Can't kick her in the head, can't punch the back of the head, can't get down low enough to punch her in the face. Mayweather would have pretty much zero offensive options. Once she gets a leg its over.

Is this a boxing forum or a MMA forum? Some of the posts in here make me wonder.

Floyd is a bit faster than Ali. You think Ronda is going to be able to catch Floyd by bear-crawling at him? lol

Maybe she will spend 10 weeks learning how to run on all fours at top speed and Floyd will be fucked but somehow i don't think so. Either she stays on the ground and can't catch him and nothing ever happens or he knocks her out standing. And considerign the egos on both of them Ronda would probably spend about 2 minutes max trying to 'bear-crawl' after him and not coming close that she would stand and try to go for the clinch. Anybody who thinks Ronda on all fours is quicker than Floyd on two feet is insane.

lol at waitresses, give it up already

mayweather only picks the fights he knows he can win

ronda beats all comers, many of whom have been training longer than her

Unlike Ronda Floyd have fought in different divisions and has fought the best in the world, was not Ronda asking for Bethe? even Ronda admitted she got an easy title shot...

Comparing guys like Cotto, Alvarez, Paquiao, etc. with blue belts in BJJ, part timer fighters who has trained judo for a couple of months.... come on man.

Floyd is a bit faster than Ali. You think Ronda is going to be able to catch Floyd by bear-crawling at him? lol
Ronda is a bit faster than Inoki, so yeah i think Floyd would get caught. The bear-crawl is a decent position to shoot from. My main point is that Mayweather won't be having a standup battle with Ronda like everyone is assuming. If she is smart Floyd has no offensive options.

Its far more MMA vs Boxing than Man vs Woman.

Ronda is a bit faster than Inoki, so yeah i think Floyd would get caught. The bear-crawl is a decent position to shoot from. My main point is that Mayweather won't be having a standup battle with Ronda like everyone is assuming. If she is smart Floyd has no offensive options.

Its far more MMA vs Boxing than Man vs Woman.

you obviously know nothing about boxing or floyd. Floyd has built his career out of being a defensive wizard, who uses timing, distance, angles and suburb hand speed to keep his opponents bewildered. Floyd is a man, who has legitimate pop and Ronda is an EASY target to hit. Make no mistake, getting hit by a clean shot that you didnt see coming will KO a man, and a woman easier.

Ronda has 12 fights and 12 finishes.

From what I read, Floyd is a relatively soft puncher with fragile hands. He has only 2 finishes in his past 12 fights. I don't think his points-fighting style works to his advantage against Ronda. A boxer is going to need to knock Ronda out, not just score some points and avoid getting hit. I think a harder hitting boxer would have a better chance against Ronda.

Floyd is in fact pillow fisted and he does have bad weak hands. It's why he wears Grant gloves, which are more padded for protection, instead of a punchers glove like Reyes. What makes it even worse is he refuses to engage on the feet even while being better and faster than his opponents. The guy won't even attempt to finish the inferior opponents he fights. He is the definition of a point fighter.

I'll never understand his popularity in a sport like boxing when there are really exciting boxers out there like GGG and Roman Gonzalez. Who despite being superior to their opponents actually lay waste to them. Floyd is boring and I wouldn't pay an Indian nickel to watch any of his so called "fights". He is also completely delusional so that is the one thing he and Honda actually have in common lol. Dude just named Muhammad Ali as the 5th best boxer of all time behind Floyd himself of course, and behind Pernell Whitaker and Julio Cesar Chavez lol. The guy is a cancer for combat sports.

Beats legends and ducks Keith Thurman.

Lol. Forget Thurman Floyd ducked Danny Garcia who Thurman would absolutely destroy. All to take on 3-3 in his last 6 fights Andre Berto. Who got beat up by Casper the friendly ghost Guerrero of all people. So Floyd is fighting a guy who got beaten down by a guy who got embarrassed by Floyd. Makes sense lol.

Well, she's probably not wrong. Floyd is no heavyweight knockout artist, hell, does he he even have a single knockout win in the first round? Striking range isn't far off from throwing range, and he hasn't got jack shit in grappling training as far as I know. Defending a takedown, especially a judo trip or throw, takes practice.

She thinks Ronda would beat Floyd meanwhile she thinks she can best Ronda so she thinks she can beat Floyd and this is ridicoluos. Do we really think any woman can beat the best boxer ever?

Only Floyd thinks he is tbe, well him and his douchey fanboys. He's made a career out of cherry picking opponents. Prime on prime sugar Ray Leonard or Robinson besmirches Floyd. And those are just guys near him in weight lol. Not even the best ever in his own weight class.

Well, she's probably not wrong. Floyd is no heavyweight knockout artist, hell, does he he even have a single knockout win in the first round?

There are literally straweights (105 pounders) that would starch Rousey with a single punch. Bringing up Mayweather's lack of power against other men is embarrassing in relation to this discussion. She is a woman.

Well, she's probably not wrong. Floyd is no heavyweight knockout artist, hell, does he he even have a single knockout win in the first round? Striking range isn't far off from throwing range, and he hasn't got jack shit in grappling training as far as I know. Defending a takedown, especially a judo trip or throw, takes practice.

Floyd has messed up hands that's why he doesn't really KO people anymore. He would still punch Ronda into bits faster than Ronda would blink..

There are literally straweights (105 pounders) that would starch Rousey with a single punch. Bringing up Mayweather's lack of power against other men is embarrassing in relation to this discussion. She is a woman.

of course the question is simply whether the boxer will land solid before getting tripped, double legged or clinched.

of course the question is simply whether the boxer will land solid before getting tripped, double legged or clinched.

The receptionists, urologists & librarian assistants she fights tend to do so, so I like his chances.

Back