Social Megyn Kelly was paid an insane 30 million to walk from NBC

So she was at NBC for a year and a half, made good money, had blacklash over a pseudo-racist comment over 'Halloween/Blackface,' and got a $30 Million severance.

I wonder if someone counted every word she said throughout every NBC broadcast, and divided it by her total $$$$ she made .... how much money did Megyn Kelly made for every word she spoke on NBC?

Celebs have golden parachutes too. If not, then can always accuse someone of sexual assault.

She is set for life financially. She was set for life before she went to nbc. But she has lost any credibility she had and is now hated by the right and the left. I honestly think if she could go back in time she would have done things differently. When you reach certain numbers in money, then money isnt so important anymore and for someone who want to be taken serious and influence people, she has lost more than we can imagine

While that is a shitload of money, she still took a hit from the trump curse worse than most.

Her career was literally destroyed.

And people complain that athletes get payed too much. (mostly football aka soccer players.)

How much did extortionist fraud Gretchen Carlson get for making up that bullshit unsubstantiated story about Ailes when they didn't want to renew her show? It was even more wasn't it?

5bf44befe4218a08fa433e14-750-563.jpg

Wheres my 30 million.

She did not work for 2018 and she was in the middle of her 2nd year of her 3 year 70 million dollar contract with NBC. She can sit and spin her fingers around for all of next year and make 70 million dollars overall for her contract. Poor girl she is going to have to find another job LOL. This is how the right and the neoliberals control media and why reporters always favor the richest instead of representing the people. This is why I say people like Rachael Maddow and others will never give people like AOC, Richard Ojeda and Tulsi Gabbard an equal chance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/business/media/megyn-kelly-nbc.html
Well I guess they bleeding from their checkbook, their ad revenues, their whatever

Meh. NBC pays for their retardation.

I mean seriously, what genius thought a Fox News talking head would be a great fit for an NBC daytime talk show?

Yeah, people get paid absurd amounts of money for entertaining us just by yapping on TV. It's the general public's fault for getting so obsessed over daytime personalities though; whoever replaces her is going to be just as meaningless. We throw so much money at celebrities of every sort that it's hard for me to be irritated over Megyn Kelly's contract.

She's just going to get replaced by some other talk show mannequin who I won't pay attention to either, and that person's contract will also dwarf my financial earnings (even if it pales in comparison to Kelly's).
Big part of the problem is American culture turning news casters / anchors into celebs. This was not the case in the UK back in the early 90s . And even now the UK does not have American degree of celebrity worship of newscasters and anchors. I think it goes hand in hand with how shitty our news is as far as informing people of the world.

Good for her, she doesn't sound poor.

Whoever hired her should be fired. She's not even hot.

5bf44befe4218a08fa433e14-750-563.jpg

Wheres my 30 million.

She did not work for 2018 and she was in the middle of her 2nd year of her 3 year 70 million dollar contract with NBC. She can sit and spin her fingers around for all of next year and make 70 million dollars overall for her contract. Poor girl she is going to have to find another job LOL. This is how the right and the neoliberals control media and why reporters always favor the richest instead of representing the people. This is why I say people like Rachael Maddow and others will never give people like AOC, Richard Ojeda and Tulsi Gabbard an equal chance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/business/media/megyn-kelly-nbc.html

She got payed like and injured/failing athlete. I'll direct you to Jamarcus Russel as an example. Happens every day in America.

She got payed like and injured/failing athlete. I'll direct you to Jamarcus Russel as an example. Happens every day in America.
dude you literally had to reach back to the year 2008 for your example, and yet your conclusion is that it happens every day in America?
Her employment has ZERO to do with the wages earned by pro athletes, which by-and-large are underpaid. In fact, the NFL owners have since manipulated the draft rules to make it so they don't have to pay top draft picks like Russell as much money anymore.

I understand that you're jealous and don't like celebrities, but think harder about the people behind the scenes and the mega money at stake that makes a Jamarcus or a Kelly expenditure happen.

dude you literally had to reach back to the year 2008 for your example, and yet your conclusion is that it happens every day in America?
Her employment has ZERO to do with the wages earned by pro athletes, which by-and-large are underpaid. In fact, the NFL owners have since manipulated the draft rules to make it so they don't have to pay top draft picks like Russell as much money anymore.

I understand that you're jealous and don't like celebrities, but think harder about the people behind the scenes and the mega money at stake that makes a Jamarcus or a Kelly expenditure happen.

Why the salt? I know about Jamarcus because it is a running joke among my beer buddies. Why do you think I don’t like celebrities? I am for people making all the money they can. I have absolutely no problem with CEO, athletes, movies stars or others making bank. I am the one who regularly argues that CEOs are worth every penny they are paid and recently argued that dropping Johnny Dep from the next Pirates movies because Disney doesn’t want to pay him the same $90 million they did for the last movie will kill the franchise.

The fact is though that CBS made a bad call and it will cost them millions. Similarly sports teams and movie studios place bets on folks that don’t pan out but end up having to pay dearly for their mistake. That happens every day.

Are you suggesting that that it is uncommon for a movie studio, sports teams, company or other entity to overpay for a talent doesn’t work out?

If you want a recent example of my point about injured player money I’ll direct you to Alex Smith and his $55 million guaranteed. I don’t questions the Redskins decision to pay him but like CBS it doesn’t look like they are going to get their money’s worth.

Back