Social Megyn Kelly was paid an insane 30 million to walk from NBC

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
5bf44befe4218a08fa433e14-750-563.jpg

Wheres my 30 million.

She did not work for 2018 and she was in the middle of her 2nd year of her 3 year 70 million dollar contract with NBC. She can sit and spin her fingers around for all of next year and make 70 million dollars overall for her contract. Poor girl she is going to have to find another job LOL. This is how the right and the neoliberals control media and why reporters always favor the richest instead of representing the people. This is why I say people like Rachael Maddow and others will never give people like AOC, Richard Ojeda and Tulsi Gabbard an equal chance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/business/media/megyn-kelly-nbc.html

Last edited:
America gonna America

She played the game damn well. Can't deny that. Kudos to her for getting paaaaayyyed

Yeah, people get paid absurd amounts of money for entertaining us just by yapping on TV. It's the general public's fault for getting so obsessed over daytime personalities though; whoever replaces her is going to be just as meaningless. We throw so much money at celebrities of every sort that it's hard for me to be irritated over Megyn Kelly's contract.

She's just going to get replaced by some other talk show mannequin who I won't pay attention to either, and that person's contract will also dwarf my financial earnings (even if it pales in comparison to Kelly's).

Cannot stand her, but I'm not even mad. I think most people could see that she was a terrible choice for the major networks let alone daytime tv.
Hopefully this payday will inspire her to stay out of the limelight for good.

As a reminder, for every person you see making 70 million on TV, there are 2-3 people behind the scenes making many times that amount off of the activities that the public-facing person endorses.
It's like when sports fans complain about spoiled athletes without considering that the money generated would otherwise go to some random franchise owner who does nothing.
30 million dollars is 3 minutes of SuperBowl ads for some stupid fucking insurance company or soda.

I can empathize. Not the 30 million, but being really opinionated about black face and desperately needing to let everyone know how I feel.

The elite worship themselves and each other.

They think all success is attributed to the few people at the very top instead of a whole network of people, huge corporate teams and communities working together.

It's why they always overpay for one of their own, provide golden parachutes, never arrest each other and have fancy circle jerk awards.

It's taking being pompous to ludicrous level.

Cannot stand her, but I'm not even mad. I think most people could see that she was a terrible choice for the major networks let alone daytime tv.
Hopefully this payday will inspire her to stay out of the limelight for good.
Hopefully it will inspire networks to stop treating their news casters as celebs and over paying for someone to read off a teleprompter.

What stories did she break, what amazing work did she do to deserve Mayweather money?

I'm glad the network is wasting 10s of millions on someone who doesn't even show up to work.

She should not have been fired for what she said. At least she is getting paid because people are so snesistive now.

She always found a way to make it about herself. Even Hannity & O'Reilly were easier to watch than her show.

Don't know why they thought someone with clearly right wing views would work on a major liberal/mainstream network.

Let this figure sink in how much these talking heads on TVs are getting paid. She's making more than biggest stars in sports or entertainment, FFS.

Million dollar contracts, they live in penthouses in NY City with bodyguards on full watch, drivers, personal shoppers, and then these rats are going to pop up on TV and lecture average person on what to believe.

Yeah, they can all drop dead.

She always found a way to make it about herself. Even Hannity & O'Reilly were easier to watch than her show.

Don't know why they thought someone with clearly right wing views would work on a major liberal/mainstream network.
You're missing how the game works:
NBC doesn't give a flying fuck about progressive values. They are a neo-liberal moneymaking enterprise. How can you be shocked that they would hire Megyn Kelly after working with Donald Trump on a show for an entire decade?
Likewise Fox News doesn't giving a flying fuck about fiscal responsibility or working class conservatives, they just want the viewers to make a fuckload of money for some rich twats.
She was brought to NBC in an attempt to draw female and center-right viewers to a company that wants as many ratings as possible.

Let this figure sink in how much these talking heads on TVs are getting paid. She's making more than biggest stars in sports or entertainment, FFS.

Million dollar contracts, they live in penthouses in NY City with bodyguards on full watch, drivers, personal shoppers, and then these rats are going to pop up on TV and lecture average person on what to believe.

Yeah, they can all drop dead.
This is because sports teams are basically collusive labor-exploiting enterprises.
There is nothing stopping anyone in the world from being hired by NBC for any amount of money to talk on TV, but if you are the best at a sport, the pro leagues (setup by the billionaire owners) have rules in place to make it anti-competitive and restrict earnings.
If it was a true free market, the very top players would earn more. (ex. Lebron is probably worth about 75-100 million a year when you count how much total revenue he brings in, but spent over a decade being not even the highest paid player on his own team)

This is because sports teams are basically collusive labor-exploiting enterprises.
There is nothing stopping anyone in the world from being hired by NBC for any amount of money to talk on TV, but if you are the best at a sport, the pro leagues (setup by the billionaire owners) have rules in place to make it anti-competitive and restrict earnings.
If it was a true free market, the very top players would earn more. (ex. Lebron is probably worth about 75-100 million a year when you count how much total revenue he brings in, but spent over a decade being not even the highest paid player on his own team)

They're all overpaid, but it's free market, so let companies pay what they want. I'm just a little mad how ridiculous much they make.

NBC got played. They seemed to think her success on Fox meant she had transcendent talent. The truth is that she was just a good fit for Fox. She fucking gutted them. Sorry, not sorry.

They're all overpaid, but it's free market, so let companies pay what they want. I'm just a little mad how ridiculous much they make.
You've contradicted yourself
Do you not understand what I'm typing?
I literally described a sports scenario that isn't a free market and shows that they aren't overpaid, rather underpaid. And your reply is "but it's a free market". No. Stop.

It's really not that hard: these companies generate billions of dollars for their shareholders/owners and paying top celebrities generates far more money than it they cost, thus they are not overpaid. Sure you can find individual examples where they were overpaid, but that's like saying "buying stocks is stupid!" because one company went down in price.
In hindsight given the blackface idiocy, Kelly was probably a losing bet, but her signing was not dumb or overpriced when it happened.

Last edited:
Don’t hate the playa hate the game ... right ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back