McG's schtick claims falling one by one

It's ok to not be a fan of a guy, and even root against them. But to derive pleasure specifically by wanting to see someone fail is pathetic.

It's not pleasure so much as contentment that things work as they should in the world. When a corporation goes under for shoddy business practices and illegal accounting, that's the universe balancing. When a guy like Sonnen is exposed as a PED cheat, a perennial also-ran, and a liar, that's the universe at work. When a talker gets gifted tailor-made opponents and hyped to the gills by the promotion but then gets shut down, that's the universe at work.

More like the thorn in the British empire's side, took back our independence when the British empire was at its height (yes, militarily bigger than USA and world number 1 at the time in 1922), with huge territories such as India, as well as colonies in Africa, Asia, South America ... this small little island next door to them could not be contained or tamed ... so suck it!

Didn't they achieve that mostly through terrorism? Hooray for terrorism!

More like the thorn in the British empire's side, took back our independence when the British empire was at its height (yes, militarily bigger than USA and world number 1 at the time in 1922), with huge territories such as India, as well as colonies in Africa, Asia, South America ... this small little island next door to them could not be contained or tamed ... so suck it!

I thought the BEF had a relatively smaller standing arming. I thought it was their superior Navy that allowed them to colonize all those lands.

Didn't they achieve that mostly through terrorism? Hooray for terrorism!

oh, I'm sorry.

Hooray for oppressing people for centuries, as well as stopping an entire population from getting food during a famine. Hooray for discrimination and gunning people down in the streets based on their ethnicity. Hooray!!!

Your the one dithering. Whether SBG or just Irish, Gunnar and Parke both count in McG's prognostication that "they" were here to take over. But both those guys and a few other Irish/SBG laddies have lost or been exposed. They ain't taking over shit.

Well you're reading a lot into a tag-line. A lot of it is bravado and hype.
His team is about 16-2 in the UFC . It's not bad from a small gym in the back-arse of nowhere.

Bullcrap. You think it's coincidence that the first time his prediction doesn't pan out is the same showing where they run ads for that documentary about the guys using the Jacuzzi Temporal Displacement Device to alter the space-time continuum?

oh, I'm sorry.

Hooray for oppressing people for centuries, as well as stopping an entire population from getting food during a famine. Hooray for discrimination and gunning people down in the streets based on their ethnicity. Hooray!!!

Well by that reasoning the US coalition is wrong and Al Qaeda are the good guys. I'm not saying the Brits were right, but terrorism is never right and the US is never wrong.

Go clean the sand out of your ass, grand dad.

Do you just sit in your room stewing over the rise of Conor's popularity. Why does it make you so mad?

It's not pleasure so much as contentment that things work as they should in the world. When a corporation goes under for shoddy business practices and illegal accounting, that's the universe balancing. When a guy like Sonnen is exposed as a PED cheat, a perennial also-ran, and a liar, that's the universe at work. When a talker gets gifted tailor-made opponents and hyped to the gills by the promotion but then gets shut down, that's the universe at work.

Yeh, that whole fight I was thinking "damn, McGregor is being shut down here."

I like Conor but I hope Aldo kicks the fucking shit out of him because he truly needs it.

He claimed he not only knocks them out, he picks the round. He couldn't finish Siver in the appointed time of 2 then 4 minutes. One claim down.

He claimed the Irish weren't here to take part, they were here to take over. Parke lost, Pendred looked like shit and got a gift decision, Holohan lost his previous fight, and Gunnar lost his last fight. So the Irish aren't taking over shit.

McG's final claim is that he will be champion at 145. Aldo will school and humble him so that claim will also be debunked.

Looks like McG isn't Nostradamus after all.

Gunnar is icelandic, and Parke is just a northern Irelander, I don't think those count!

Anyway, streak continues, unbeaten and unbeatable, irish invasion, 8/9 champs from europe by 2016

What nonsense am I saying about McG? He made bold Sonnenesque claims about what he and his fellow SBG teammates could do in the cage and failed miserably to back those claims up. If anything, you're excusing the nonsense that McG spouted about picking rounds to finish and the Irish taking over MMA.

The nonsense stems from you thinking you are raising legitimate arguments against McGregor (which you clearly are not).

Hahahaha

Now on the list of made up reasons not to like a fighter people are now adding:

- Is not a precog (because I take trash talk srsly 'kay!?) ????

The whole "I don't just knock them out I pick the round" is kinda stupid anyway. Not only did he not do it like he said he would, in most cases he's in a three round fight, so assuming he's gonna finish a fight on the feet, he's starting off with a 33% chance of it coming true. It's about as impressive as Werdum saying he's gonna submit someone before it goes to the judges. He really wants to impress everyone with a prediction, tell us he's going to KO his next opponent with a left uppercut in the second round with 15 seconds left on the clock. If he does that then I'll pay him money to read some tarot cards for me!

He claimed he not only knocks them out, he picks the round. He couldn't finish Siver in the appointed time of 2 then 4 minutes. One claim down.

He claimed the Irish weren't here to take part, they were here to take over. Parke lost, Pendred looked like shit and got a gift decision, Holohan lost his previous fight, and Gunnar lost his last fight. So the Irish aren't taking over shit.

McG's final claim is that he will be champion at 145. Aldo will school and humble him so that claim will also be debunked.

Looks like McG isn't Nostradamus after all.

If this is serious...do us all a favor and never fuckin procreate

The whole "I don't just knock them out I pick the round" is kinda stupid anyway. Not only did he not do it like he said he would, in most cases he's in a three round fight, so assuming he's gonna finish a fight on the feet, he's starting off with a 33% chance of it coming true. It's about as impressive as Werdum saying he's gonna submit someone before it goes to the judges. He really wants to impress everyone with a prediction, tell us he's going to KO his next opponent with a left uppercut in the second round with 15 seconds left on the clock. If he does that then I'll pay him money to read some tarot cards for me!

Didn't Babe Ruth get famous for not only hitting home runs but also predicting where they will be hit? Too bad McG won't ever be on the Babe's level.

Back