McGregor vs Sir Rone did 1 Million PPV Buys

if true, ouch. His last couple have fights on normal PPV have been in the 2.5M range.
that was before the ESPN deal when people could just get it from cable or satellite.

Shocking if true. Espn would be expecting close to 2 million.

based on what? they dont even have that many espn+ subscribers lol. how could they expect a PPV buy number that exceeds 100% of their subscriber base?

I'm calling bullshit on the half million subscribers. Ain't no way that many new people signed up for one fight/fighter.

its like theres a 100 million given to anyone who can come up with the most worthless stupid infantile nickname that comes to mind

If true, thats pretty good for ESPN's PPV as it's in its infancy. Plus their ppv is $20 more and more importantly, the UFC is no longer forking 50% of their ppv revenue.

This might actually turn out to be a wise and prudent decision. But Holy Shit, 500,000 new subscribers from that fight? Conor better be getting some of that pie... He should know what's his worth.

Last edited:
Lol, exactly what I thought when I saw that number. And Dana was saying they'd break record with that one, going over 3M buys. Well that's what you get for putting together the shittiest possible card with a crappy, convenient, tailor-made matchup to make your poster boy look good. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

i feel like they made that PPV purposely shitty as a test of Conor's real drawing power. on all the other PPVs Conor did big numbers on he wasn't the only star on the card, and in fact, were on pretty stacked cards.

now they have a better ballpark estimation on what Conor's true drawing power is with no other stars on the card.

Losing his draw power, he didn’t pull in 100 million PPV buys you nut huggers prayed for, jokes on you.
Do Khabib fanboys like yourself believe Khabib Poirier did massive numbers?

i feel like they made that PPV purposely shitty as a test of Conor's real drawing power. on all the other PPVs Conor did big numbers on he wasn't the only star on the card, and in fact, were on pretty stacked cards.

now they have a better ballpark estimation on what Conor's true drawing power is with no other stars on the card.
Thats a very judicious insight my dude
You might be onto something. No wonder why Dana was pushing for Khabib vs. Conor next. That fight could generate 2 million plus. At $70 a pop multiplied by 2.3 million is $161 million. Plus maybe 1 million more subscribers from that fight?

ESPN wants this fight more than anyone else imo. And they're using Dana to get what they want.

Conor and Khabib should get a cut of ESPN's newly added subscribers due to their next fight.

The numbers that Conor brought in for subscribers is nothing short of stellar. I just hope Conor isn't selling himself short by receiving nothing from the massive amounts of $$$ he's personally generaring for ESPN and their shareholders...

A million PPV buys in the ESPN era, on a bare bones card, in a non title fight, is staggering.

I mean that's AS HIGH AS IT GETS in UFC history for a non Mcgregor card, and he's doing it with the ESPN handicap.

Plus add in the $100 million offer to fight in Abu Dhabi for Khabib vs. Conor. Also ticket sales, new subscribers for espn, sponsors and merchandise etc etc.. This fight could generate a half a billion dollars.

Khabib is getting offered 9 figures by sheikhs to fight in Saudi Arabia though

The funny thing is Khabib doesn't care about money, but I'm sure some people close to him will desperately try to push for that massive payday

These number only account for USA buys. When adding Canada, UK, Australia and the rest of the world the number are probably much higher.

Only the US pays for PPVs bro.

My sincerest condolences to all the suckers who actually spent $70 buying this turd...terrible card, terrible main event.

If true, thats pretty good for ESPN's PPV as it's in its infancy. Plus their ppv is $20 more and more importantly, the UFC is no longer forking 50% of their ppv revenue.

This might actually turn out to be a wise and prudent decision. But Holy Shit, 500,000 new subscribers from that fight? Conor better be getting some of that pie... He should know what's his worth.
Agreed.

Back