McGregor vs Sir Rone did 1 Million PPV Buys

Seems about right. The claims of 2 mil sounded ridiculous considering its locked behind ESPN+ now and it was a poor card with an underwhelming opponent for Conor. Still a good number though.

500,000 free trial subscriptions were immediately canceled afterwards

It's pathetic, because if Ronaldo or Messi crossed over for a fight they would shatter all of conor's numbers with ease

FFS Justin Bieber could come over and do better numbers

It was ok for Floyd to boast about ppv numbers, because unlike Conrat he was actually THE BEST at his sport
This is why I have an easier time tolerating Floyd. I don't care for either gimmick (basically the same) but somehow I have respect for Floyd because it feels genuine and he does back it up. He also built it up pretty much by himself. I feel the McGregor thing feels a bit forced with the UFC putting millions into it, manipulating rankings, undeserved shots, gifted rematches etc..

Conor and Khabib should get a cut of ESPN's newly added subscribers due to their next fight.

The numbers that Conor brought in for subscribers is nothing short of stellar. I just hope Conor isn't selling himself short by receiving nothing from the massive amounts of $$$ he's personally generaring for ESPN and their shareholders...
i'm pretty confident they changed the ppv points structure to account for this.

It's pathetic, because if Ronaldo or Messi crossed over for a fight they would shatter all of conor's numbers with ease

FFS Justin Bieber could come over and do better numbers

It was ok for Floyd to boast about ppv numbers, because unlike Conrat he was actually THE BEST at his sport
conor has been pretty fuckin successful in his sport. he's closer to floyd than to bieber so not sure the point of referencing non-fighters. conor became a star on the strength of his performances in the cage, without which he would just be another talker.

conor has been pretty fuckin successful in his sport. he's closer to floyd than to bieber so not sure the point of referencing non-fighters. conor became a star on the strength of his performances in the cage, without which he would just be another talker.

He also became a star because he is a slabber

Regardless, I as a fan am not interested who is the most successful. Doesn't interest me in the slightest, as I already follow sports stars who are much more famous than any mma fighter

Also you mention Floyd? Yes he is close to him in popularity, perhaps even surpassing Floyd in that regard!

However, Floyd was MUCH greater at boxing than Conor is at anything in life

If they really sold 1 million ppvs that's amazing since reports were they hadn't cracked over 200k since ESPN+ format.

If Disney consolidated all their streaming content in one service, they would really have something

If Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ were all combined as just Disney+, that's a damn good service IMO

He also became a star because he is a slabber

Regardless, I as a fan am not interested who is the most successful. Doesn't interest me in the slightest, as I already follow sports stars who are much more famous than any mma fighter

Also you mention Floyd? Yes he is close to him in popularity, perhaps even surpassing Floyd in that regard!

However, Floyd was MUCH greater at boxing than Conor is at anything in life
why do you make it a contest? conor is great at mma. is he as great in his sport as floyd was in his? no. but he'll be remembered as an all time great in his sport.

and while you may follow sports stars who are much more famous (wow!), conor is one of the most famous athletes in the world. as an mma fighter.

why do you make it a contest? conor is great at mma. is he as great in his sport as floyd was in his? no. but he'll be remembered as an all time great in his sport.

and while you may follow sports stars who are much more famous (wow!), conor is one of the most famous athletes in the world. as an mma fighter.

Conor is nowhere NEAR Floyd in athletic achievements and never will be

You QUOTED my original post, where I stated that mentioning a fighters popularity is pathetic.

Anytime anyone has a debate about conor, his obnoxious fan base claim how popular he is, which most of us don't care about really

This is why I have an easier time tolerating Floyd. I don't care for either gimmick (basically the same) but somehow I have respect for Floyd because it feels genuine and he does back it up. He also built it up pretty much by himself. I feel the McGregor thing feels a bit forced with the UFC putting millions into it, manipulating rankings, undeserved shots, gifted rematches etc..

Precisely my point

Floyd is an obnoxious tool, but he backs up his shit talk

Conor is a slabber and his mouth will always out weigh his achievements

"The Walt Disney Company earnings report yesterday revealed that the UFC 246 bout headlined by Conor McGregor's emphatic victory over Donald Cerrone did around one million pay-per-view buys.

During the Walt Disney Company's Fiscal First Quarter 2020 Financial Results Conference Call Disney CEO Robert A. Igor announced the news:

"We've been especially happy with a number of partnerships, particularly with the UFC. The recent McGregor Cerrone fight brought in about a million pay-per-view purchases and half a million new subscribers."
This contradicts reports from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that UFC 246 was trending closer to two million PPV buys based on online metrics. However, in March 2019 ESPN signed an exclusive deal with the UFC meaning only subscribers to the ESPN+ streaming service are able to purchase PPV events in the US. As a result, while the number of PPV buys may be down, revenue for the organisation remains the same.

If the total buys are indeed over one million it will mark the sixth time that Conor McGregor has headlined a PPV card with over a million buys, putting him ahead of fellow UFC megastar Brock Lesnar on five."

https://whatculture.com/ufc/disney-earnings-report-shows-ufc-246-did-1-million-pay-per-view-buys

Last edited:
Why do you think they haven’t built up anyone else? Seems like they are leaving a lot of money on the table by only promoting Conor.

Why do you think they haven’t built up anyone else? Seems like they are leaving a lot of money on the table by only promoting Conor.
The UFC has always been a bit weird when it came to things like that. They never want fighters over shadowing the brand. As long as I've watched the sport, they put everything into the name and the fighters became second fiddle. I always thought maybe it was fear of them leaving and helping their competition out if they tried to really market the individuals. That organization holds a grudge more than most. Dana and co really take things personally. I dont think the Ronda situation has helped. They have always had their great fighters take a backseat to the organization. I understand it's business but it's pretty apparent with them. Even if you want apparel of a certain fighter, the individualism is second to the UFC logo taking center stage. Dana also made himself some sort of celebrity. What other organization has a president that acts like him? There's something cheesy and b level about the whole thing imo.

I find it pretty hard to believe that 500,000 people who didn't already have ESPN+ decided to sign up for it for the McGregor PPV. Most UFC fans or fans or people who want ESPN+ very likely already have it.

Back