• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McGregor vs Islam is one of the biggest fights ever

If Conor beats Chandler, you can bet the fight will happen. Islam would completely embarrass Conor worse than Khabib. His takedowns and subs are too good.

For like….
People who don’t understand that is a worthless and wasted fight
The whole idea is to keep him away from grapplers.
The fact the UFC even let him fight Khabib was simply his shit talk sales ability, we knew what was going to happen years before it ever did.

Conor couldn't make 155 and be functional.
We've yet to see whether Conor can make 170 and be functional, and given the sparring and training video Conor's released, there's considerable doubt that "functional" Conor can win an MMA fight worth watching.

Islam did his part beating Dustin. If McGregor beats Chandler, Conor vs Islam needs to be next. The hype would be incredible. Also add the Rocky storyline of Khabib training Islam. Could be the biggest UFC fight of all-time.
"Needs to be" - why?

Conor has all of one win in the past seven years, and that was against big-fight-anxiety Cerrone. He's not even in the same weigh class any more. Conor needs to fight and beat one or two fighters who are actually relevant before he gets to take on the most elite fighters in the sport.

And, no, someone who is 1-3 over the past three years, with the only win being over the shattered husk that used to be Tony Ferguson, is not relevant.

Fuck it I'm in, Conor would have a real shot too.

Man imagine if Conor beat Chandler then beat Islam.

Islam did his part beating Dustin. If McGregor beats Chandler, Conor vs Islam needs to be next. The hype would be incredible. Also add the Rocky storyline of Khabib training Islam. Could be the biggest UFC fight of all-time.
The hype would be big but the fight wouldn't be anything special. Islam would take him down and sub him.

chandler's a huge company man so I'm sure he'll pull a cowboy and find a way to lose, but it's of zero interest competitively. people would pay to see cm punk get beat up again too.

Conor would get steamrolled by Islam. Stupid fight other than just for the money and the casual attention.

It would do big numbers for sure. But that also involves Conor beating Chandler. I'd take Conor at his best over Chandler any day but I think currently Chandler is the more serious fighter with superior discipline and preparation. He's still training like a real fighter. Conor isn't. If Conor loses to Chandler I'd be down for Conor vs Porier.
i agree but only if connor wins... if he loses that fight makes no sense

It certainly is, and I anticipate they will arrange the fight if McGregor wins, even if it defies logic.

Conor's training his kid harder than the Chinese do to grow up and beat Islam.

I would rather see Connor vs Jake Paul,

Back