Mcgregor may have made at least $10 million for ufc 189

If you include all the work hes done before the fight, not that crazy imo.

percentage of live gate, global ppv, sponsors? not sure what else to add to his reported $3 mil...

He made more than GSP or Anderson? I'm going to say, no

Suppose the card got 950,000 buys

The star fighter would receive points from 750,000 of them.

His base pay was $500,000, so for an eight figure pay day he would need around $12-$13 per PPV buy in excess of 200,000

Aka hes bluffing

Also as per http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/21/espn-study-brock-lesnar-mmas-top-paid-star-in-2010

Using the formula the UFC released at the time, Lesnar would have made just less than $2.5 million for UFC 121, and just over $2.8 million for UFC 116 just in pay-per-view bonuses.

UFC 121 got 1,050,000 buys
UFC 116 got 1,160,000 buys

So unless Conor got a deal that is 4-6x better than Lesnar, he's just making stuff up. It's just marketing.

I wonder what Reebok pays him. It has to be alot.

I doubt they pay him much more than very early six figures per fight. He likely makes the majority of his Reebok money from ads/merchandise sales. (He actually has his own line besides the "kits")

I doubt he has a lot of overhead that others do. He brags about how the ufc puts him up for free and flies in hhis training partners.

Dont think ufc uses that deal anymore. Gsp said before that hes made 5 million a fight.

He said 4-5 million per fight. Which would include base pay + PPV points + sponsors (He was easily the most sponsored fighter in the UFC)

Which is roughly in line with the $3.5 million Chael estimated Jose was losing out on by missing this fight (Chael was a big enough star to receive PPV points for a couple of his fights, including Silva v Sonnen 2 which did roughly equal buys to Conors fight)

"may have made at least"... most vaguely speculative post today

Probably his goal for the Aldo fight the stadium in texas.

I don't like conor but do believe him here..

1. why would he lie about figures?

2. if it happened he would brag and take credit for it which means it just happened

His a megalomaniac but not a liar I absolutely believe him

Back