Mcgregor may have made at least $10 million for ufc 189

McGregor's been making bank for a while now. His Notorious documentary was sold to FOX and maybe even Globo in Brazil (not quite sure here) for a multi-million $ figure. Add all of his fight show and win $ on top of that (6 fights in the UFC), his sponsorship money, bonuses (backstage included) and whatnot and he's making $erious loot. In fact, just with Monster energy drink he's got a multi-million $ deal. With Reebok he's making money there too. As champ he'll be making even more $ than before too. He has/had Dethrone money too, in fact, his own "Stay Ready" line of products.

The guy has been a multi-millionaire for a while now. He became a millionaire around the Brandao / Poirier fights. Millions more came thereafter.

10 million might very well be UFC profit minus event costs, tax etc... The truth is UFC can't handle this kind of payment.

10 million might very well be UFC profit minus event costs, tax etc... The truth is UFC can't handle this kind of payment.

No way, they made a shit ton on ppv alone, let alone a 7 million dollar gate.

The UFC (Zuffa LLC.) is a multi-BILLION dollar company. Of course they can handle that kind of payment for their new face of the UFC and top draw fighter.

Lets say ufc made $30,000,000 off the ppv buys and $5,000,000 gate

Are they really going to shell out a 1/3 before expenses on connor ?

Doubt it - unless they love throwing out money

Suppose the card got 950,000 buys

The star fighter would receive points from 750,000 of them.

His base pay was $500,000, so for an eight figure pay day he would need around $12-$13 per PPV buy in excess of 200,000

Aka hes bluffing

Incredible math!

Now add a 3million dollar bet where he successfully picked the round and method, and then add all his sponsors who he has enticed to stack bonuses for him while his winningspree extends.

So, how high have we gotten?

No way, they made a shit ton on ppv alone, let alone a 7 million dollar gate.

Dude even if they made more than 1 million of pay per view, there is still tax, marketing, old debts, salaries, production costs and alot of other things.

I can't even imagine how much money they spend to do a show but paying 10 millions to a fighter doesn't help with all that cost.

Incredible math!

Now add a 3million dollar bet where he successfully picked the round and method, and then add all his sponsors who he has enticed to stack bonuses for him while his winningspree extends.

So, how high have we gotten?

he didn't included tax and others costs...

If he did indeed make the bet he said he was making, I could see it. If not, I don't.

The UFC (Zuffa LLC.) is a multi-BILLION dollar company. Of course they can handle that kind of payment for their new face of the UFC and top draw fighter.

there is a reason for then to be a multi-billion dolar company and that is not by paying that huge amount of money to fighters. I'm not butthurt or whatever but that just doesn't make sense to me but if u tell me that amount of money is not a full UFC payment i might believe since there still sponsors, tv, investments or even that bet etc..

Could have done 8 figures barely.

Granted it's a stretch but GSP made like 6 or 7 mil per fight I think, and Conor was likely granted extra PPV points (on top of the normal PPV points in his contract) for agreeing to a last minute change against a wrestler when he was preparing for a striker.

UFC was in a bind and Conor saved the day by doing what no other champion -- including Jon Jones -- has agreed to do (a last minute change against a top contender wrestler).

Jon Jones cancelled an event just to avoid fighting Chael Sonnen (an unranked wrestler) on short notice. lol.

UFC knows that without Conor staying on the card, they lose those 1 mil PPV buys and wind up with 200k maybe.

Conor Bless.

Conor wasn`t a champion at the time, and i still dont think he is, he is the #1 contender with a shiny new belt to feel good at home, like the "money in the bank" from the WWE.

He's talking about 8 figures, after the comma.

...The second comma

he didn't included tax and others costs...

You can brag about having made 10+ million despite your costs. He isn't saying "I have a 10 million account balance!!" he's saying that's what he earned. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

GSP made 10+ million not even fighting between the time he tore his ACL (the first time) and his return to the cage. He hadn't fought in over a year and made that much just in sponsorship money alone. Just some food for thought.

Betting on yourself to finish and in a certain round would be illegal. Although it was a pretty bizarre ending and the bet is interesting in hindsight, especially considering how close to the end of the round it was to get it in.

"I'll bet you $3 million I knock him out in the second round.'"

I think he probably made in the ballpark of 5m tops. I remember him saying something during the tour about how he'd be making more than Aldo but not nearly enough more than him than he though he deserved. Although I'm at the point with the UFC where I really don't care much either way what they are doing. There are a few fighters I like that I feel confident will fight clean, legit, not overly hype and have a lot of talent and that is Weidman, Demetrius Johnson, TJ, Rousey, Edgar...can't really say after that.

It wouldn't shock me to find out a fight was fixed or one fighter was paid off anyway or if just about anybody is on PEDS and the whole thing is becoming way too TMZ for me. But could just be a phase I'm going through. Hopefully the passion comes back a little more. It isn't the first time I have felt burned out.

Last edited:
Could have done 8 figures barely.

Granted it's a stretch but GSP made like 6 or 7 mil per fight I think, and Conor was likely granted extra PPV points (on top of the normal PPV points in his contract) for agreeing to a last minute change against a wrestler when he was preparing for a striker.

UFC was in a bind and Conor saved the day by doing what no other champion -- including Jon Jones -- has agreed to do (a last minute change against a top contender wrestler).

Jon Jones cancelled an event just to avoid fighting Chael Sonnen (an unranked wrestler) on short notice. lol.

UFC knows that without Conor staying on the card, they lose those 1 mil PPV buys and wind up with 200k maybe.

Conor Bless.

This is a good point.

Also, if you watch the UFC 189 post-fight press conference, he does mention the 3 million dollar bet and Dana doesn't deny it.

So ballsy to bet 3 million that you finish a fight within 2 rounds, and then finish it with 3 seconds to spare!! lol, Conor bless!

McGregor's been making bank for a while now. His Notorious documentary was sold to FOX and maybe even Globo in Brazil (not quite sure here) for a multi-million $ figure. Add all of his fight show and win $ on top of that (6 fights in the UFC), his sponsorship money, bonuses (backstage included) and whatnot and he's making $erious loot. In fact, just with Monster energy drink he's got a multi-million $ deal. With Reebok he's making money there too. As champ he'll be making even more $ than before too. He has/had Dethrone money too, in fact, his own "Stay Ready" line of products.

The guy has been a multi-millionaire for a while now. He became a millionaire around the Brandao / Poirier fights. Millions more came thereafter.

According to sherdoggers itt, he has only made 500,000 and if you think he made any more, "you're delusional". lol

Betting on yourself to finish and in a certain round would be illegal.

Betting on yourself to win in any fashion isn't illegal. Betting on your opponent to win would be illegal, since you can throw the fight to lose and win that bet.

Lets say ufc made $30,000,000 off the ppv buys and $5,000,000 gate

Are they really going to shell out a 1/3 before expenses on connor ?

Doubt it - unless they love throwing out money

McGregor made UFC 189. He could have pulled out like Jon Jones did and refuse to fight a wrestler at the last notice. UFC would have probably done 200k-300k buys if it were Lawler v McDonald headlining. With 2 weeks left till showtime, McGregor had the UFC by the balls and the UFC would have paid him anything to fight that night.

He also had enough money to make a 3m dollar bet ... In order to make that bet, you need to be earning more than 3m, period ... He won the bet, So there is 6m dollars, right there!! Add in sponsors from Reebok/Monster, documentary money, it could get to 10m+

According to sherdoggers itt, he has only made 500,000 and if you think he made any more, "you're delusional". lol

These people are McGregor haters is all. They damn well know that Conor is making bank and that he made FAR more than a measly half mil for his fight against Mendes. There's absolutely no doubt that he made multi 7 figures, and it very well could be that he did make 8 figures or approximately that much if he did indeed make a 3 mil $ bet with Dana &/or the Fertittas.

Back