McGregor made more than Cowboy

Who gets paid more aside, I doubt Cerrone complains about the money hes making. Hes nearly becoming a modern day Chris Lytle. Fighting all the time, tons of bonuses. I'm sure hes happy. Winning a lot, getting closer to a title shot every fight.

Chris Lytle is MOST LIKELY a big example of someone getting paid way more in his career (if not double) than what is revealed. Hes got I believe at least 8 bonuses and I think most if not all of them are over 50,000 a pop. I'm sure he got plenty of locker room bonuses too. So add nearly (or more than) half a million to his salary, I'm sure he doesn't need to be a firefighter anymore (unless he has a passion to do so).

How do you figure? He's as impressive a FW as they have on their roster. He's ripped through everyone with ease. It's not like you can make the case that he's some average fighter.

I thought you got bant a while ago.

Yes, he has looked impressive against the lower tier of the guys in the division. Well, it's not like you can make a case that he's like some top fighter in the division.

It's not a slap in the face. It's a reality of the marketplace.

I thought you got bant a while ago.

Yes, he has looked impressive against the lower tier of the guys in the division. Well, it's not like you can make a case that he's like some top fighter in the division.

He's walked through everyone he's fought in the UFC, which includes a top 10 guy and a top 5 guy. He's ranked in the top 5 now.

How do you make the case that he isn't one of the top guys?

Was Siver ranked anywhere else in the top ten besides the UFC rankings?

What I meant to say is that he isn't a top tier guy like Aldo, Mendes or Edgar. He's a 'top' guy, but so was Siver.

McGregor marketed the hell out of that Boston card, considering how many interviews he had to do, he deserves that pay check.

Meanwhile, Cowboy was bromancing Benson, not getting anyone excited for their fight.

donald-cerrone-benson-henderson-hats.jpg

Conor earned that pay check.

1. Biggest star on a card that included Cerrone and a former LW Champ
2. Promoted the shit out of the card basically appearing on every channel and sports show
3. Talks a lot

He should be the highest paid guy on the card

Was Siver ranked anywhere else in the top ten besides the UFC rankings?

What I meant to say is that he isn't a top tier guy like Aldo, Mendes or Edgar. He's a 'top' guy, but so was Siver.

Who has Mendes defeated recently, and throughout his career, that would qualify him as "top tier" relative to McGregor? His best win - to date - is over a decent Cub Swanson in 2010. He hasn't fought anyone of top-tier caliber (other than Aldo, losing both times) in 5ish years.

In recent history, Conor has defeated a higher-caliber of fighter than Mendes. That is a fact.

Has more drawing power than Cerrone, the end. If business is the only thing that matters.

Pretty much. Michael Bisping makes more than most of the champs in the UFC for this reason alone. He's not even top billing on the cards, still makes more than most main carders.

Its not just his hype that sells tickets. Its his first round finishes. Dudes exciting period.

So sick of these threads the ufc do no stick fighters in a pod and do some fight skill equation to calculate how much to pay them.

the more $ you make them by any means, equates to the more you get

James Toney got 500k to be choked out in 2 minutes, deal with it.

Back