McGregor made more than Cowboy

Game Over

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So 5 fights in the UFC and he's making more than Cowboy? Cowboy's been in the WEC/UFC for how long? And fights all the time, whenever UFC needs him vs whomever.

To me, that's a slap in the face to Cowboy. I understand McGregor has drawing power, blah blah blah, that's still insulting.

Thoughts? (From non-McGregor freaks)

Has more drawing power than Cerrone, the end. If business is the only thing that matters.

if billy bob is making 10k more dollars for you than rudolph the rednose reindeer who are you gonna reward more and try to keep around?

What's the context? Did he make more than Cerrone last week? Or has he all ready over taken Cerrone in career earnings? If the former, that would make sense to me as Conor was the main event of a well-drawing card so it's natural that he would get some big bucks from that. But if it's the latter, then it just goes to show that the UFC needs to pay more if a guy like Cerrone, who probably has more UFC fights than pretty much anyone at LW, has made less money than a guy with 5 fights.

Headlined the card, title shot on the line. Why the hell would cowboy be paid more than him? Use your brain dude.

So 5 fights in the UFC and he's making more than Cowboy? Cowboy's been in the WEC/UFC for how long? And fights all the time, whenever UFC needs him vs whomever.

To me, that's a slap in the face to Cowboy. I understand McGregor has drawing power, blah blah blah, that's still insulting.

Thoughts? (From non-McGregor freaks)

You answered your question yourself. Thread is over.

Headlined the card, title shot on the line. Why the hell would cowboy be paid more than him? Use your brain dude.

Pretty sure I explained that. Cowboy has won 7 in a row, many more fights in the WEC/UFC. And is also one win away from a title shot. Oh and just fought on 15 day turn-around. Don't you think it's in the UFC's best interested to keep a guy like this paid? "We want people who want to fight", well he's the most active fighter around, and it's not like he has zero fan base. I'm pretty sure he's got quite the following. So, your argument is he was the headliner? That's it? Use your brain, fucktard.

Doesn't matter.

Cowboy is a better investor.

Better than Broke Fitch even.

Still waiting for a non-McGregor nut-hugger. I'm not saying the guy's not talented or a big draw (because a majority of MMA fans, especially on this forum love the WWE aspect of this sport) but don't you think there's something to be said for how many fights you've fought, continued to be in the top 5-10, and how long you've been with the organization?

Too many guys here who love the gift of gab. So when Chael went bottom-up, you guys decided to latch on to McGregor? Can't wait for this clown to lose.

Sometimes they sign new contracts and elect for signing bonuses as well. Maybe Cowboy did that on his last reup

In those 5 fights, Conor has made more for the UFC than Cowboy has with his combined WEC and UF career. It's just business. And I'm far from a nut hugger. I see McGregor getting destroyed by Chad Mendes and mauled by Lentz.

Still waiting for a non-McGregor nut-hugger. I'm not saying the guy's not talented or a big draw (because a majority of MMA fans, especially on this forum love the WWE aspect of this sport) but don't you think there's something to be said for how many fights you've fought, continued to be in the top 5-10, and how long you've been with the organization?

Too many guys here who love the gift of gab. So when Chael went bottom-up, you guys decided to latch on to McGregor? Can't wait for this clown to lose.

So anyone who disagrees with your idiotic thread is automatically a Conor nuthugger?

Sometimes they sign new contracts and elect for signing bonuses as well. Maybe Cowboy did that on his last reup

Thank you for a normal response. I forgot why I haven't commented on these threads in years, until most of these other responses reminded me.

And btw, Cowboy makes plenty, you don't need to worry about him.

if billy bob is making 10k more dollars for you than rudolph the rednose reindeer who are you gonna reward more and try to keep around?

This. Shouldn't be too hard of a concept to understand.

In those 5 fights, Conor has made more for the UFC than Cowboy has with his combined WEC and UF career. It's just business. And I'm far from a nut hugger. I see McGregor getting destroyed by Chad Mendes and mauled by Lentz.

You really think so? Don't you think Cowboy has a pretty big draw himself? I guess that's possible I just find it hard to believe. It's just aggravating to see a guy who's put his ass on the line way more times against much more difficult competition, and at the drop of a hat for the UFC, just to get passed up by a guy who has the gift of gab.

More shocked that he made more than former champ Henderson

Back