McGregor Is A Master Of Mindgames With The Critics. How Can You Not Get The Irony?

Getting hit clean by a can is a weakness and getting your back taken in the clinch and thrown is a weakness. Being the legend he is he still went on to win these fights, even though he was badly hurt in both.

Fedor did not get rag doilled for four minutes, tossed around and hit with lots of shots while being cut open.

Big difference to getting rocked by a punch or suplexed before quickly coming back to win.

The fact that he toss and rag dolled McGregor after taking the kicks contradicts the fact that those kicks had gassed him out because otherwise he would had been able to do that to McGregor.

Conor's weakness is that he cannot handle wrestlers.

Point blank.

Conor was kicking Mendes until the fight was over, body shots don't automatically get rid of your energy straight away, but they start to make you breath heavy and slow down, this means by the time Chad had wrestled he was out of energy. Like how Marciano used to beat guys, slowly wear them away to the point where they are too tired. I thought you boxed...

Yeah, and Mendes' weakness is taking punishment and that he cannot handle elite strikers. We learned who the better fighter was in that fight, not the better wrestler, and that's what's important.

Conor was kicking Mendes until the fight was over, body shots don't automatically get rid of your energy straight away, but they start to make you breath heavy and slow down, this means by the time Chad had wrestled he was out of energy. Like how Marciano used to beat guys, slowly wear them away to the point where they are too tired. I thought you boxed...

Yeah, and Mendes' weakness is taking punishment and that he cannot handle elite strikers. We learned who the better fighter was in that fight, not the better wrestler, and that's what's important.

So Mendes coming into the fight late had nothing to do with his cardio giving out huh?

I would agree the kicks played a role but it was not simply the kicks that did it. He exerted lots of energy wrestling McGregor while not being in the shape he would had been had he not fought on short notice.

After Mendes gassed due to this.
T9byuUo.jpg

and this
hi-res-e4bd40a2167accb643a4d992d66105f8_crop_north.jpg

and this
480454434-conor-mcgregor-kicks-chad-mendes-in-their-gettyimages.jpg

and this
20150711095524_GettyImages480454458.JPG

070_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

Ohh, and that.

wind_knocked_out436x160.jpg

http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/aches/winded.html

Tiring out mini children 101

Most of the time you breathe in and out and don't give it a thought. But if you've ever gotten the wind knocked out of you, you know that breathing can get interrupted. Getting hit in the belly or falling hard on your back can make you feel like you can't breathe normally for a little bit.

It's called getting the wind knocked out of you, but it turns out that it's not the air (or the wind) that's the problem. It's your diaphragm (say: DY-eh-fram). The diaphragm is a dome-shaped muscle under your lungs. When you inhale, the diaphragm pulls down to help pull air into the lungs. When you exhale, the diaphragm pushes up to help push air out of the lungs.

Getting hit in the stomach or back can cause a spasm in your diaphragm. That means this muscle contracts — or gets tense — instead of doing its usual thing to help you breathe. If this happens to you, take some deep breaths. You should feel better in a few minutes. If not, it's a good idea to get checked out by a doctor.

Conor got whooped up on for 2 rounds.

Good for him he got a lucky stoppage.

Focus on training with wrestlers buddy.

wow TS, you should apply for head coach at TAM. you've got a real strategic head for this business that nobody else can comprehend

So you post pics showing Conor getting off some striking offense while ignoring the many times Mendes was elbowing him on the ground and tossing him all over the place right? The kicks landed solid and did played a role in sofetning up Mendes but this was before Mendes was still beating McGregor like a raged doll.

Like this:

giphy.gif

Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

518939004_c_570_411.jpg

That's the same takedown twice.

Conor got whooped up on for 2 rounds.

Good for him he got a lucky stoppage.

Are you trolling or are you actually this dense? If it's the latter, I'm surprised you've managed to gain access to, let alone operate, a computer.

Last edited:

LOL @ two different gifs of the same takedown. Really stretching out the resources there.

One thing for sure, the guys that McGregor beats get 10x more credit for the things they did well in a losing performance than the things they did well in all their winning performances. I don't think the critics realise how much credit they're giving to McGregor by doing that constantly.

Is that gif of Conor getting taken down supposed to be a source of embarrassment or something?

You're on fire today, KC! I'm sure Conor trains with wrestlers though.

Also Mike Tyson is a quote thief, he stole that from Joe Louis.

muhammad-ali-the-double-greatest.png

All the trash talkers borrow something from previous trash talkers

I bet you know more about who should and who is Conor training with than anybody don't you?

Someone needs to focus on relieving the butthurt is what needs to happen here.

Sure you did...

Both gifs shows the same takedowns, just one more longer than the other.

I would have to be blind not to see that both were the same.

But think what ever helps you sleep at night.

LOL @ two different gifs of the same takedown. Really stretching out the resources there.

One thing for sure, the guys that McGregor beats get 10x more credit for the things they did well in a losing performance than the things they did well in all their winning performances. I don't think the critics realise how much credit they're giving to McGregor by doing that constantly.

I like the fact that McGregor came into MMA as a primary boxer/kickboxer who had to develop his ground game to be a more efficient MMA fighter. This was also the case with Anderson Silva.

But one cannot deny the fact that he still needs to work on his wrestling. It's just common sense.

I like the fact that McGregor came into MMA as a primary boxer/kickboxer who had to develop his ground game to be a more efficient MMA fighter. This was also the case with Anderson Silva.

But one cannot deny the fact that he still needs to work on his wrestling. It's just common sense.

It wasn't the case for Anderson. Anderson was clearly a Thai practitioner before he started MMA.

You can't possibly believe that he doesn't need to work on his TDD and his ground game? He was taken down easily and beaten up badly with elbows. That's a fact. Yes he won the fight, but he didn't dominate that fight at all.

Every fighter has stuff to work on. But finishing a fight with a TKO is one of the more dominant ways to win, especially if you set it up by keeping a high pace and doing body work. Stop trying to make it sound like it was a lucky shot.

Oh, and btw, does the wrestler Nick Lentz need to work on his wrestling? Or pretty much anybody except Aldo that Mendes has faced? He is probably the best wrestler in the division, so chances are you are gonna end up on your back if you face him. And those elbows were mostly glancing. Conor certainly wasn't "beat up badly". Him eating shots on the feet was more worrying in that case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back