McGregor and Ido Portal: The Saga Continues

Funny thing is that Conor has looked slow and plodding in recent fights. He certainly is quick, buf for a guy who preaches movement, he doesn't actually use it much.

Hey nerd, the comedy thing...not working.

I know you think in your head it's gonna be hilarious and people are gonna laugh and praise you but you're just coming off as dull and trying too hard.

It's not even that, I'm living it.

The fact that a bunch of nerds who never leave their houses have bad jokes doesn't change anything.

What would I look like worrying about the opinions of losers?

Dancing is literally the best cardio I've ever done, 20 minutes of moving and I'm covered in sweat.

And as a bonus it's great bodyweight exercise, and strengthens ligaments and tendons, and probably the best exercise in terms of promoting body awareness (i.e. I'm much more aware of the muscles in my feet as I'm walking).

Easy brashynikov

Ido was not touching Conor's butt. He was explaining to him about his center of gravity.

Good promotion on Conor's part pitching Nate a slow underhand like this.

More bullshit from a guy who is going to get choked out like a bitch for a second time in a row.

"Ido, I wish I knew how to quit you." - Conor McGregor

It's legit.

Teaching how to be strong in more than one plane of motion, whereas say with lifting, you really only get strong in straight lines.

You're still gonna get somewhat stronger in ancillary ROM's but when you legitimately work those other ROM's it's gonna allow for better muscle recruitment, or rather more complete muscle recruitment.

I dance a lot and it's made me able to punch so much harder because it's strengthened weak links in my chain as well as given me better awareness of my feet on the ground.

Kind of hard to explain.

the thing is though, why wouldn't you just take gymnastics? lots of the things that i see Portal teaching Conor aren't revolutionary. they are things that are in gymnastics and other sports like wrestling and such.

i feel like Portal just slapped a name on this stuff and tried to own it like what Cross fit did. Cross fit isn't a new thing, it's called over training.

Ido was not touching Conor's butt. He was explaining to him about his center of gravity.
Here was KS checking out the center of gravity of his buddy

krystoffgrabandsniff-1.gif

It's legit.

Teaching how to be strong in more than one plane of motion, whereas say with lifting, you really only get strong in straight lines.

You're still gonna get somewhat stronger in ancillary ROM's but when you legitimately work those other ROM's it's gonna allow for better muscle recruitment, or rather more complete muscle recruitment.

I dance a lot and it's made me able to punch so much harder because it's strengthened weak links in my chain as well as given me better awareness of my feet on the ground.

Kind of hard to explain.

WTF are ROMs ? Can you explain acronyms and not just throw them out.

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...regor-calls-joao-carvalhos-death-f-ked-up-and

McGregor is leaving no stone unturned, continuing his work with Ido Portal to improve his movement to find new ways of fighting.

"I've learned new footwork patterns that are very unusual. I've learned how to find a lower center of gravity and I've found more angles to throw shots. In a bout, I'm not just fighting another man. I'm dealing with another man and the ground. I want to understand how the ground can be my friend," McGregor said.

McGregor's work with Portal has been the ire of many and spawned the famous Nate Diaz line, 'You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park" which has caught on in the MMA community

The commments are hilarious.

But in all honesty, Ido has little to do w Conor's victories or losses. Even said so.

His poor camp, low level coaches, poor training partners, and impulsive desire to fight at higher weight classes are bigger issues.

The movement stuff is just conditioning and prolly helps make him stronger... doubt he implements it into his fighting style directly.

Thats cool. Now you nerds on sherdog have more to joke about.

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...regor-calls-joao-carvalhos-death-f-ked-up-and

McGregor is leaving no stone unturned, continuing his work with Ido Portal to improve his movement to find new ways of fighting.

"I've learned new footwork patterns that are very unusual. I've learned how to find a lower center of gravity and I've found more angles to throw shots. In a bout, I'm not just fighting another man. I'm dealing with another man and the ground. I want to understand how the ground can be my friend," McGregor said.

McGregor's work with Portal has been the ire of many and spawned the famous Nate Diaz line, 'You're playing touch butt with that dork in the park" which has caught on in the MMA community

Mcgregor is a pathetic human being. This is a guy that constantly talks about burying his opponents, digging their graves, taking their heads off, and he wants to start getting all emo when a fighter dies? Pathetic, spineless, insincere bitch. Sounds like kavanagh said "Gawn git sum fans conar, yeh"

guy is 100% trash

Back