McFans strike again. McGregor is a -323 favor

YouKnowWhat?

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
McGregor looked bad against Nate Diaz at 170. Cowboy is just the more proven fighters at 170, only darren till and masvidal could finish him. Mike Perry, Lawler, Matt Brown and Patrick Cote are all more dangerous than McGregor at 170, yet none could knock him out. I see cowboy take this fight

Most on here think Cerrone is shot and is a sacrificial lamb to restart Conor's career and despite being a fan of Cowboy, at this stage of his career I agree unless he uses his underrated ground game.

We'll see. We got one of the best straight left throwers in UFC history and a good MMA boxer against a guy known to have problems against boxing. If Cerrone tries that charge and punch thing he does he's gonna get countered quick and hard. But if he use his reach and spams kicks, takes it to the cage and works his muay thai, or could possibly get it to the ground, Cowboy's got a real shot. Game plan is huge here

If you look at how they match up, -323 sounds about right. Cerrone may be overall more well rounded. But I don't think he has the durability to deal with Conors power, plus the fact that he's a slow starter, all the while Conor tends to start his fights white hot.

If Cerrone can survive the first 2 rds though, he's got a legitimate shot.

Last edited:
Put something on the Cowgirl then, cuzzy
Betting slip or shook

We'll see. We got one of the best straight left throwers in UFC history and a good MMA boxer against a guy known to have problems against boxing. If Cerrone tries that charge and punch thing he does he's gonna get countered quick and bad. But if he use his reach and spams kicks, takes it to the cage and works his muay thai, or could possibly get it to the ground, Cowboy's got a great shot. Game plan is huge here

With no threat of the takedown honestly Conor Is going to open up his arsenal and really let loose. He has more versatility then just the left hand. He’s not worried about getting taken down here. He’s just going to unload his arsenal and destroy cowboy in my opinion. It will be quick and violent. First or second round.

Cowboy breaks easily under pressure and Conor is known for his ability to put a lot of pressure on his opponents both mentally and inside the cage. It shouldn't be confusing to anybody with half a brain that Conor is the favorite in this match up

With no threat of the takedown honestly Conor Is going to open up his arsenal and really let loose. He has more versatility then just the left hand. He’s not worried about getting taken down here. He’s just going to unload his arsenal and destroy cowboy in my opinion. It will be quick and violent. First or second round.
Well, it's hard to disagree man. What Cowboy needs is for Conor to make a mistake, so he can capitalize. Going in with the "all out" strategy is Ceronne's best chance to see that out of Conor. Plus, I wouldn't be so confident Cowboy won't get him to the ground.
And what about clinchwork? If Ceronne can drive Conor to the cage, McNuggets could have a real problem trying to fight back muay thai style, of which Cowboy is quite accomplished

I can totally see Cowboy waking up in a daze early in round one. I'm just saying there is an avenue for victory here if Cerrone fights SMART. Don't even try to box with this guy, you'll lose. Play to your strengths, Cowboy!

Put something on the Cowgirl then, cuzzy
Betting slip or shook

Like how you bet on leaving if Rampage lost, then reneged because you were shook?

Throw stones glass house yada yada yada.

Well, it's hard to disagree man. What Cowboy needs is for Conor to make a mistake, so he can capitalize. Going in with the "all out" strategy is Ceronne's best chance to see that out of Conor. Plus, I wouldn't be so confident Cowboy won't get him to the ground.
And what about clinchwork? If Ceronne can drive Conor to the cage, McNuggets could have a real problem trying to fight back muay thai style, of which Cowboy is quite accomplished

Conor against Khabib In spurts really did show some very excellent TDD.. His grappling is actually pretty good. It really is. He also defended himself on the ground excellent in round one in particular of that fight. People just underrate him too much. But Conor is really more well-rounded than people think.

Like how you bet on leaving if Rampage lost, then reneged because you were shook?

Throw stones glass house yada yada yada.
I didn't say when I'd leave, just that I would

AnyOldfashionedAsianelephant-small.gif

Hate to say it but this is an absolute layup for Conor.

Cowboy folds in big fights and this is the biggest one of them all for him. I'll happily eat my crow if I'm wrong but he is getting slept inside 2 rounds, if not 1.

McGregor looked bad against Nate Diaz at 170. Cowboy is just the more proven fighters at 170, only darren till and masvidal could finish him. Mike Perry, Lawler, Matt Brown and Patrick Cote are all more dangerous than McGregor at 170, yet none could knock him out. I see cowboy take this fight
Only problem is mma Math works in my favor because Nate beat the shit out of Cowboy and Conor beat the shit out of Nate in the rematch and the first fight until he gassed out.

When posters say they're going to leave if so and so loses , it's not meant to be taken literally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back