McFans strike again. McGregor is a -323 favor

Cowboy is slow and doesn't like pressure. His only option is to make Conor tired by clinching and taking him to the ground.

Most on here think Cerrone is shot and is a sacrificial lamb to restart Conor's career and despite being a fan of Cowboy, at this stage of his career I agree unless he uses his underrated ground game.
Oh Cowboy is definetly set up as a sacrificial lamb in this one. Solid name, doesnt handle pressure too well, slow starter, already exposed by southpaws etc.
But 170er McGregor with ring rust is not unbeatable by any means.
But i think the odds are quite reasonable. There is no reason Conor shouldnt be the favourite.

Easy money again. Just like those two times out of McGregors eleven UFC fights that people got this easy money they always talk about.

Hate to say it but this is an absolute layup for Conor.

Cowboy folds in big fights and this is the biggest one of them all for him. I'll happily eat my crow if I'm wrong but he is getting slept inside 2 rounds, if not 1.
Wouldnt be surprised If Company Man Cowboy takes a dive the moment he gets touched.

We'll see. We got one of the best straight left throwers in UFC history and a good MMA boxer against a guy known to have problems against boxing. If Cerrone tries that charge and punch thing he does he's gonna get countered quick and hard. But if he use his reach and spams kicks, takes it to the cage and works his muay thai, or could possibly get it to the ground, Cowboy's got a real shot. Game plan is huge here
Couldn't agree more..

Seems about right. Cowboy is definitely the underdog, regardless of what your hate for Conor says.

Considering Cerrone has said he's going to stand and trade with him, Conor should be a bigger favourite IMO

McGregor looked bad against Nate Diaz at 170. Cowboy is just the more proven fighters at 170, only darren till and masvidal could finish him. Mike Perry, Lawler, Matt Brown and Patrick Cote are all more dangerous than McGregor at 170, yet none could knock him out. I see cowboy take this fight

Haven't you heard? The fix is in.

It's the worst kept secret in MMA.

There's 50 threads on Sherdog alone. People who can't live without Conor in their lives are telling us how Donald has been paid to take a dive.

This is the easiest money you will ever make.

Baby we done it. We're rich. Conor made us rich. Break out the Red Panties.

Good odds for cowboy imo.

but the ufc needs Conor to win. So all favors will heavily lean towards him when applicable, like the patriots in the NFL.

Mike Perry, Lawler, Matt Brown and Patrick Cote are all more dangerous than McGregor at 170, yet none could knock him out.
In what way are they more dangerous? Raw power isn’t the only measure of danger

With no threat of the takedown honestly Conor Is going to open up his arsenal and really let loose. He has more versatility then just the left hand. He’s not worried about getting taken down here. He’s just going to unload his arsenal and destroy cowboy in my opinion. It will be quick and violent. First or second round.
Why do you think there’s no threat of takedown ? His coach said Connor is entirely a left hand and they will be trying to take him down

He might just get sparked the first time Connor connects, we all know Cerrone’s durability is completely gone, but he can certainly at least go for a couple of takedowns with all the info available

McGregor looked bad against Nate Diaz at 170. Cowboy is just the more proven fighters at 170, only darren till and masvidal could finish him. Mike Perry, Lawler, Matt Brown and Patrick Cote are all more dangerous than McGregor at 170, yet none could knock him out. I see cowboy take this fight
You do realize Cowboy has literally not once defeated a southpaw in the UFC right?
Conor is the rightful favorite whether you agree or not.

Why do you think there’s no threat of takedown ? His coach said Connor is entirely a left hand and they will be trying to take him down

He might just get sparked the first time Connor connects, we all know Cerrone’s durability is completely gone, but he can certainly at least go for a couple of takedowns with all the info available

Because Conor has solid TDD. Round 1 he really made Khabib work for it. And round 3 and even parts of round 4 he was stuffing them. I am convinced those that don't like Conor really don't pay attention closely to his fights.

Put your money where your mouth is or gtfo.

Your boyfriend you're defending welched on a bet, mate. Disgraceful behavior.

You want me to get on Cowboy? Lol hand picked opponent for Conor. He's closing in on 37 years old and 50 fights. 15 years in the game with a fading chin, fading reflexes, fading speed, and he's 4-6 in his last 10.

The bravado you conortards get when he beats sub-par opponents is laughable.

It's funny because game plan is everything in this fight, more so compared to other fights. Cerrone literally has the tools beat the very talented, but flawed Conor McGregor. Of course, it's obvious Conor is the rightful favorite and even more obvious why the UFC wanted cowboy to be Conor's return fight.

That said, I think Cowboy's best strategy would be to literally not throw a right-cross to the head. It's that one single punch that Conor has countered countless of times and gotten a TKO our really changed the outcome of the fight. Cowboy should keep the right glove planted against his jaw and keep his right straight or right hand really, completely in the holster. Then, after two rounds of just staying safely away and only throwing kicks or left hands, then start opening up or grappling to gain the victory. It's when you throw a straight right from the orthodox position that Conor owns you.

I like your game plan and agree with the majority of it. I get your sentiment with regard to Conor's counter left, but Conor can counter shots with either hand and although his right hand is not as potent it can hurt Cerrone. I think Cerrone needs to throw both hands and especially the right because not only is Conor good at counter punching, but he is also VERY GOOD at leading and getting his shots off first. If Conor catches on to the fact that Cerrone is not letting his right hand go, than Connor is going to cut off the ring with his angles and tee off on Cerrone with accurate set up kill shots. And also, keep in mind that Conor can counter both right and left hand shots. The key thing with this is that, Cerrone needs to be very tactical in timing his shots and can't over commit to anything. He needs to be precise with his shot selection and can't over commit to his shots, but he also can't be too tentative and needs to throw enough shots to set up his kicks and poise a tactical threat to keep Conor from throwing and landing his shots with impunity.

Imo I just don't see Cerrone as capable of pulling off your game plan though against a fighter with Conor's skill set. Cerrone at his best likes to trade and put pressure on his opponent and will over commit to get this done and when he is put under pressure he is VERY uncomfortable and often becomes wayyy to tentitive. I predict that one of those two tendencies will get Cerrone TKO'd.

I like your game plan and agree with the majority of it. I get your sentiment with regard to Conor's counter left, but Conor can counter shots with either hand and although his right hand is not as potent it can hurt Cerrone. I think Cerrone needs to throw both hands and especially the right because not only is Conor good at counter punching, but he is also VERY GOOD at leading and getting his shots off first. If Conor catches on to the fact that Cerrone is not letting his right hand go, than Connor is going to cut off the ring with his angles and tee off on Cerrone with accurate set up kill shots. And also, keep in mind that Conor can counter both right and left hand shots. The key thing with this is that, Cerrone needs to be very tactical in timing his shots and can't over commit to anything. He needs to be precise with his shot selection and can't over commit to his shots, but he also can't be too tentative and needs to throw enough shots to set up his kicks and poise a tactical threat to keep Conor from throwing and landing his shots with impunity.

Imo I just don't see Cerrone as capable of pulling off your game plan though against a fighter with Conor's skill set. Cerrone at his best likes to trade and put pressure on his opponent and will over commit to get this done and when he is put under pressure he is VERY uncomfortable and often becomes wayyy to tentitive. I predict that one of those two tendencies will get Cerrone TKO'd.

Conor’s quickness is a big deal too. That said, yes he can counter with both hands because his speed allows him to, that said, at 170, I feel it’s a safer bet for Cerrone to not throw right hands at all. He should feint with it but not commit to it or he’s getting knocked out.

IMO, everything in Conor’s arsenal, even the front kicks are meant to set up a straight left or short left. If you cover up your entire right side with your glove and arm, and stay the hell away using teeps and jabs for two rounds, maybe, just maybe, Cowboy can win.

That said, Conor is just more talented. Talented with flaws. But it seems only certain people can capitalize on these flaws and Cerrone, especially NOW, probably ain’t one of them.

Because Conor has solid TDD. Round 1 he really made Khabib work for it. And round 3 and even parts of round 4 he was stuffing them. I am convinced those that don't like Conor really don't pay attention closely to his fights.
You either watch the fights or not, hard not to see what’s going on

His TDD is decent, he did make Khabib work for it but he has been taken down, not like Cerrone is gonna shoot on him, if anything it will be a body lock type of take down with a bigger guy

That being said I think the fight is gonna last 1.5 minutes at most, not sure if McGreggor comes in and tries to finish it right away and get out untouched or if he is looking to get some octagon time in and touching Cerrone a few times before going for the kill

Back