Mazagatti strikes again

My opinion:

1. I realized that since Dana's epic Mazagatti rant in Winnipeg over 2 years ago... we haven't seen him in a big UFC card... so kudos there

2. I don't think the Mazzagati stoppage in the Shields-Palhares fight was terrible in that he was pretty quick to respond... but on the flip side, he should know to be on alert for that sub.

The Commission wherever the WSOF card was loses points. Putting Mazzagati as the ref for a Palhares fight is like making Kim Winslow the ref for 2 heavyweights.

At least Winslow has the balls to TRY and get shit done properly. I don't like to bash refs - they've got a deceptively difficult job to do, but Maz's consistent mistakes also makes it tough to support the guy. He had to know there was a very real risk of things going awry when reffing a Paul Harris fight. My 13 year old knows to look out for some dirty antics... how in the world can Maz not be REALLY focused on what's happening?

Toquinho completely lost me as a fan. At first I knew he was stupid, but passed off this mistakes as being too dumb to do any better. The third time I was done, now I am just disgusted.

I hope it isn't fighter bashing, but he is too dumb to compete. He is not malicious, he just has some ape-levels of intelligence in him.

I haven't seen him ref in a long time.

I didn't think he'd ever be allowed to ref a WSOF main event again after Burkman/Fitch, but with all the real refs in Rio last night I guess they didn't have a choice.

I didn't watch the first 2 rounds and I didn't see it live with commentary so I won't comment on the eye gouges, although I have read from multiple sites that they were pretty horrible.

I didn't think that he really held on to the submission for a crazy long time. In fact I don't think that he has since like the mike pierce fight but I think that he has this reputation now where if he doesn't let go immediately when the fighter taps, whether the ref has stopped the fight or not, then everyone will bag on him.

Also, and this is the most important, how is it even possible that Shields STILL doesn't have a striking game? It's really unbelievable! He's been fighting for years!

Seeing Shields nearly get his arm snapped and then throwing a pussy punch afterwards is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Jake 'The Least Lethal Man in the World' Shields got fucking Son'd.

Mazzagatti in the Thomson vs Edwards fight gets me everytime. Josh gets almost decapitated, blasted with punches and the Maz is just chillin'.

Always my first thought whenever someone mentions Mazzagatti or bad reffing.

I prefer him over Herb, Yves and Winslow.

shitty move by paul harris as usual. Surprised to see him find the submission though, shields basically impossible to submit.

What is the point of warnings?! Why warn someone if you refuse to deduct a point? You shouldn't even get warnings for raking and poking eyes. You should fucking take a point after the first warning and DQ if there is another foul. Paul Harris is dirty. He fouls and holds to long in every single fight. Athletic commissions should ban him for fighter safety.

[YT]uRAgLrtOCk0[/YT]
[YT]raiWZMyPMCo[/YT]

That wasn't poking. It was raking which is much worse.

Fuck that guy, and fuck Mazz. They should both be out of jobs.

That wasn't poking. It was ranking which is much worse.

Fuck that guy, and fuck Mazz. They should both be out of jobs.

yeah watch the vids it sounds like they might strip his title for sure

lol, that's the fight people were watching instead of the UFC card? Good god.

I was actually wondering what ol' Mazz was up to lately, apparently he's over in WSOF. Good to know.

No one is impressed that Palhares actually subbed Shields? Stop crying about shit lol that was incredibly impressive. Came out in the 2nd round and started beating on Shields on the feet, Shields tried to LNP again and got reversed into a kimura

Back