Mazagatti strikes again

SiMntjMMA

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Palhares eye poking Shields over and over again and Mazagatti is doing absolutely nothing. Also lol@the stoppage. Everyboy KNOWS Palhares likes to hang on to his sub for a second too long so why the fuck does he tap like a bitch on Palhares his back instead of trying to safe Shields his freaking arm?

Why is this guy still around??

[YT]ihT6H-tnbKo[/YT]

I think Mazagatti hate is so unfounded. Personally, not much worse, if at all than Herb.

Palhares got like 5 different eye gouge warning when he should've been docked multiple points or just DQ'ed. It was obvious. I thought the eye gouges were way worse than the sub.

God Palhares is a bitch. I think this was the best matchup this weekend, but man it's disappointing to see Mazagatti not stopping that sooner. I wish someone KO's him terribly.

I agree that the ref did an awful job of separating them. He just starts tapping him out of his view. He should have the presence of mind to get more involved in separating it. Not just tapping on Palhares from behind like "hey pls stop. hey you. hey"

I didn't watch it but I should have guessed it was Mazagatti when I heard all the complaints about the constant eye gouging with no point deduction and the fact that Palhares got away with holding the sub for too long again.

Side note: At least he's not as bad as Cecil Peoples.

Last edited:
God Palhares is a bitch. I think this was the best matchup this weekend, but man it's disappointing to see Mazagatti not stopping that sooner. I wish someone KO's him terribly.

I thought for sure Shields was going to attack Mazagatti, especially after he threw that late punch at Palhares. Maz did nothing about the eye pokes and played bongo drums on Palhares' arm instead of trying to separate him from that arm lock. I've defended Maz in the past, but he really is a worthless piece of sh*t ref.

Palhares acting like he didn't understand what he was being warned for.

Alan Belcher needs to cut to WW just to embarass this guy again.

My opinion:

1. I realized that since Dana's epic Mazagatti rant in Winnipeg over 2 years ago... we haven't seen him in a big UFC card... so kudos there

2. I don't think the Mazzagati stoppage in the Shields-Palhares fight was terrible in that he was pretty quick to respond... but on the flip side, he should know to be on alert for that sub.

The Commission wherever the WSOF card was loses points. Putting Mazzagati as the ref for a Palhares fight is like making Kim Winslow the ref for 2 heavyweights.

If fighter safety really is paramount Mazz shoulda been gone a long time ago. The fact he remains a licensed official is farcical, at best.

Maz was awful and Rusimar is awful. He should not be allowed to fight professionally if he can't follow the rules. This isn't once. This is every fight he is in, he cheats and tries to hurt someone.

If fighter safety really is paramount Mazz shoulda been gone a long time ago. The fact he remains a licensed official is farcical, at best.

Maybe other people are worse? lol i mean I remember Mike Tyson standing guys up as soon as it touched the ground, and then there is shit out there like this:

#banPalhares but I hope someone like Hector/Woodley gets fired and signed by one fc to ko him.

Mazzagatti in the Thomson vs Edwards fight gets me everytime. Josh gets almost decapitated, blasted with punches and the Maz is just chillin'.

Mazzagatti in the Thomson vs Edwards fight gets me everytime. Josh gets almost decapitated, blasted with punches and the Maz is just chillin'.

It's crazy he'd be chosen for a palhares fight

I think Mazagatti hate is so unfounded. Personally, not much worse, if at all than Herb.

GIF-bored-Dr.-Evil-meh-right-sarcastic-skeptical-whatever-yea-right-yeah-yeah-right-GIF.gif

Back