Mayweather vs Tenshin on Rizin 14, dont worry, you read it right!

arguing with twitter trolls might have fried my brain.
You need a bit more of this forum to balance things out (ironically). That's why Karaev Fan has gone full retard.

At least you didn't resort to debating this topic on Instagram like I did :(

He landed one pretty hard shot to Mayweather head from what i can remember. The rest were to the body and mayweathers gloves. That one hard shot was prety nice though, the way he countered the punch and evaded mayweathers counter

His footwork was nice in that sequence, but the punch itself looked better live than it was in reality. In the replay you see that Floyd slipped it and it only ended up grazing him. Even now, that Floyd is a cat.

If Tenshin were the same weight it wouldn't have mattered. I noticed this same technical flaw when watching McGregor fight Floyd, and he was also bigger than Mayweather; they don't have as strong a base when throwing their punches, they're not well-grounded, due in part to the footwork they've adapted in their respective disciplines; so their power won't translate as well in boxing.

The difference was very apparent in how Mayweather was able to keep to his center of gravity and not lose ground, so even the punches that don't appear like much on the surface can pack a deceptive amount of power.

I don't think so, otherwise guys like Overeem would have great chins.

I think the only thing more weight would influence is as you say more muscle and mass to reduce head knockback + also heavier/stronger legs & body meaning your body is less likely to be pushed back and lose balance from the force of the hits so instead of falling / being knocked down you're more likely to just get rocked but stay on your feet.
there's fighters who cut too much weight and the dehydration affects their ability to take shots that they'd normally take so jumping up a weightclass or two helps them.

Serious thought though, does this change how you think Floyd VS Tenshin would go under full kickboxing rule set?

I still think Tenshin could beat Floyd under kickboxing rule, but I definitely underestimate Floyd's punching power against a guy 4 weight class below him.
Floyd would beat him there too.
A kick wouldn't have changed a thing.
The second Floyd touched him, he was all over the place.

there's fighters who cut too much weight and the dehydration affects their ability to take shots that they'd normally take so jumping up a weightclass or two helps them.

Yeah I touched on that in another post. I think the brain is a big factor, such as how hydrated and tired it is, and how many times it has shut down in the past from previous KO's.

that was the script

Sure it was, because of course that makes so much sense for Rizin to pay Mayweather millions in order to get them and their fighter humiliated. Get a grip.

Sure it was, because of course that makes so much sense for Rizin to pay Mayweather millions in order to get them and their fighter humiliated. Get a grip.
viewership/tickets>

viewership/tickets>
Have you actually looked at those numbers?

They basically stayed right near their average. Given the overhead for Floyd it would be more profitable to just throw any Japanese MMA star in their with Tenshin.

This wasn't a fix it was a backfire.

15466334881996697.gif

15466335542127452.gif

15466336151996660.gif

So how much did Floyd get? And did Rizin make any profit?

The fight was staged, I'd say. No way Tenshin would be knocked out and as rocked up by punches that barely connected.

The fight was staged, I'd say. No way Tenshin would be knocked out and as rocked up by punches that barely connected.
A conspiracy theory so retarded that not even David Icke would buy it.

Last edited:
Back