Mayweather vs Tenshin on Rizin 14, dont worry, you read it right!

Mafanofe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
mayweather_tenshin_rizin_14.1541388493.jpg

first of all, what the fuck!!

this is epic,even if it materializes as a glorified sparring section :)

Tenshin popularity(wich is already big), is going to skyrocket like crazy, thats very good for kickboxing!

I wish that K-1 had the money to match Mayweather vs Takeru on boxing rules, Takeru is bigger and the fight would be crazy.

Source:https://www.mmamania.com/2018/11/4/18063308/floyd-mayweather-to-fight-at-rizins-new-years-eve-event

it's fucking stupid just like Conor vs Mayweather was why not Tenshin vs Takeru or a rematch with Rodtang fuck this freakshow BS

if its just boxing, Mayweather is going to destroy him.
Theyve got to stop doing this stuff....

it's fucking stupid just like Conor vs Mayweather was why not Tenshin vs Takeru or a rematch with Rodtang fuck this freakshow BS
yeah it is, but it is a fun freakshow

Takeru fight is very hard to be matched,Rodtang can have a rematch on Rise...

Its a opportunity since Floyd said months ago that he was open to face MMA or Kickboxing names

however what it turns to be, it is going to be huge...It is more like a warmup fight for the potential Pacquiao rematch,since Pacquiao is fighting AB in january.

what they want in there are numbers,and sure they are gonna get it,otherwise Rizin is going to loose a shit ton load of money.

Hope is 10 rounds, 1 round box, 2 round kickbox and so on.

Calm tf down. Floyd is like 42 in a couple months and his boxing legacy is sealed. Look at some of the fighters Saenchai, buakaw and other thai's fight in promotions like ThaiFight and etc. Guys with like 300 muaythai fights facing dudes with like 30 LOL. I used to moan about it but I thought to myself these guys have already had the tough fights and shit if people wanna watch it why not. Now days I only get upset if a fighter in his prime does this.

Floyd obviously must be getting paid quite a bit for this. (Not sure why else he would do this). It would be funny if they were setting him up and Tenshin landed something not within whatever ruleset this will be in.

If he's gonna face a southpaw to get ready for Pacquiao I wish he was fighting sittichai or petch instead. Already I can see a lot of people talking about this fight. It would give those guys so much well deserved exposure but I guess there's not much money in those match ups.

Alright, some dude said check Floyd's Ig for pics of him in MMA gloves and i did and it looks funny AF with his small lil hands in small lil gloves.

42814928_304276866845171_234073765859077671_n.jpg

But if its MMA or Kickboxing and Tenshin loses i would hate Japan and all their organisations forever because i know it will be a fake setup to gain popularity. There is no way Mayweather can win in MMA or Kickboxing fight with an undefeated star. Mayweather's has no leg kick defence experience, and i watch muay thai and seen the fight Tenshin fought these Muay Thai fighters who aren't slacks at all.

Last edited:
I just assumed the poster I saw on twitter somewhere was fake...then see it again and actual news written about it...so guess not.
How is Rizin paying for this?

But if its MMA or Kickboxing and Tenshin loses i would hate Japan and all their organisations forever because i know it will be a fake setup to gain popularity. There is no way Mayweather can win in MMA or Kickboxing fight with an undefeated star. Mayweather's has no leg kick defence experience, and i watch muay thai and seen the fight Tenshin fought these Muay Thai fighters who aren't slacks at all.
I doubt Floyd would compete in MMA. He would get taken down too easily but I disagree with it being fake if he wins a kickboxing match. Floyd is still a world class athlete who's a lot bigger than Tenshin and he'd definitely be back on the juice for however many fights he comes back for. If he was fighting Petchpanomrung or Kaew then yes kicks will make a difference but not someone less skilled with kicking or as small as Tenshin. I've seen plenty of fighters in kickboxing with no kicking defense that get kick spammed by guys that kick way harder than Tenshin yet still survive the fight and sometimes even winning simply by boxing. Just like wrestlers in mma with no striking experience or Thai fighters in kickboxing who have to adjust their styles for a different ruleset. They tend to dominate because they've been competing from a young age. Not just the amount of competition. Also the level of competition. Floyd was practically raised in a boxing ring. Yes he's not a kickboxer but he has that overall high level combat experience that is very underrated.

People tend exaggerate and forget that these guys are world class athletes. Like when people said Conor wont land 1 single punch the whole fight against Floyd. People assume that if a kickboxer fights a boxer within 30 seconds the kickboxer will stop him with a head kick or low kicks but its not always that simple. Floyd works hard enough and has enough money to at least prepare himself for the kicks of Tenshin. Doesn't mean he'll block every kick. He'll probably get kicked a lot and theres always a chance for a liver kick or head kick but then again Floyd boxing accuracy is on point so theres also a chance Floyd finishes him with boxing. Doesn't mean he wins but you cant assume its fake if he does.

Anyway this is also speculation. It'll probably just be under boxing rules.

Julius_Caesar - Idk how powerful are Tenshin's kick, but i would assume the top Muay Thai guys he faced in kickboxing has harder kicks, how do you see those Muay thai guys kicking Mayweathers legs or liver constantly? I haven't seen any video online of Mayweather learning to block kicks before. ROFL

And i doubt he is running out of money like alot of kids on youtube are saying. If thats the case he would go to Vegas on PPV. This is entirely something new.

This came to mind, i want to see Mayweather fight this guy Samkor. He faced a kickboxer who was really good at boxing but then Samkor keeps kicking his arms to the point they are dead and can't even punch, i wonder if Mayweather can stand those arm kicks from Samkor. This won't ever happen, but the kicks to the arm to disable boxers could work.

Julius_Caesar - Idk how powerful are Tenshin's kick, but i would assume the top Muay Thai guys he faced in kickboxing has harder kicks, how do you see those Muay thai guys kicking Mayweathers legs or liver constantly? I haven't seen any video online of Mayweather learning to block kicks before. ROFL
Depends on the fighter. Under kickboxing a guy like Petchboonchu would lose. Someone liek Petchpanormung would probably win. Its about styles making fights. And just because you haven't seen footage doesn't mean he hasn't been training. Knowing Floyd if this fight is really under kickboxing rules he's already had a few months of training. If I was Floyd and had his money I'd bring in the best kickboxers and trainers I could find. I doubt many people would say no to someone like Floyd.

i wonder if Mayweather can stand those arm kicks from Samkor. This won't ever happen, but the kicks to the arm to disable boxers could work.
Probably not but Samkors kicks were next level.

but news like mayweather training for mma or kickboxing would get viral quick trust me. if there is a vid of mayweather kicking a punching bag it would be viral for sure. we havent even heard of the rules yet so we will have to see.

what am i thinking, samkor's kicks is on another level compare to tenshin. what a legend, 3x lumpini champion.

Its going to look like Masato vs Hiroya sparring exhibition match but under boxing rules

i think this is all Floyds idea, so it’s probably not the issue for Rizin to pay Floyd. Maybe he is partnering/investing in Rizin. It would be a good marketing move then

@Shadess

Last edited:
Depends on the fighter. Under kickboxing a guy like Petchboonchu would lose. Someone liek Petchpanormung would probably win. Its about styles making fights. And just because you haven't seen footage doesn't mean he hasn't been training. Knowing Floyd if this fight is really under kickboxing rules he's already had a few months of training. If I was Floyd and had his money I'd bring in the best kickboxers and trainers I could find. I doubt many people would say no to someone like Floyd.

Probably not but Samkors kicks were next level.
Petchboonchu most likelybeats mayweather in kickboxing rules too. You got to be kidding me.

How do you figure Floyd could beat petchboonchu without getting a KO? By slipping his knees?

Petchboonchu most likelybeats mayweather in kickboxing rules too. You got to be kidding me.

How do you figure Floyd could beat petchboonchu without getting a KO? By slipping his knees?
Nah I cant see it unless he's improved his outside game a lot. Under muaythai he ragdolls Floyd and that's where his knees will be most effective but not under kickboxing. He just doesn't have the right style imo. He'll be a standing target for Floyd's punches whilst landing some knees and kicks but under kb he wouldn't have enough time to work his knees like that.

do you guys remember the rumours around that Buakaw would be fighting Pacquiao in boxing rules around 2011?

well, after this one maybe it happens too,who freaking knows <45>

Tenshin by pretty much however he wants if this is Kickboxing or MMA rules. Floyd is one of the best Boxers of all time, but he's a B level Kickboxer (or any other combat sport) at best.

Back