Mayweather vs Tenshin on Rizin 14, dont worry, you read it right!

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Mafanofe, Nov 4, 2018.

1. mrsenor

mrsenor Brown Belt

fake fight ia fake

2. Azam

Azam Brown Belt

I think he just got hit clean and didn't see the shots coming.

That and there seem to be a significant weight difference on fight night.

Probably why Tenshin was dazed so much from those punches.

It shouldn't take away anything from Tenshin. It's all down to his inexperience boxing. He's still a major kickboxing star and the potential to get better doesn't change.

3. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Of course, Floyd is probably the GOAT in boxing vs Tenshin who never had a boxing fight in his life. Obviously Tenshin was going to look silly against Floyd, but i'm mostly surprised about Tenshin going down so easily by some punches that landed on his forehead. But yeah i guess his chin was good at 126 lbs or whatever weight he fought at but not good enough against a bigger guy like mayweather.

Monte Moku likes this.
  4. Broadcast

Broadcast Black Belt

What a bum this Tenshin! It just proves what a shitty promotion Rizin is. Who did this Tenshin fight? One top-10 guy at some moment? PLEASE? Tell me! It was even boxing and couldn"t stand some rounds against Mayweather. Junior knew about his weaknessess, he smelled blood.

5. cabal

cabal Brown Belt

An unnecessary display of gutness

6. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Explain what was fake about it and why a Japanese promotion would pay Floyd to win a fixed fight where the hometown fighter they're trying to promote loses badly in the first round?

7. mrsenor

mrsenor Brown Belt

floyd always wins in his business ventures unless its tequila or teeth whitening

rizin gained viewership and ticket sales

Zer likes this.
  8. HI SCOTT NEWMAN

HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

Easiest money of Floyds life .

9. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

He fought Rodtang, Wanchalong and Suakim who are all better than any romanian fighter ever.

10. Badr Hari

Badr Hari Green Belt

I agree.

Bum fighter and a bum promotion.

11. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

Rodthung is much smaller and doesn’t have the hands Floyd did at 14. Not sure why anyone thought the fight would turn out any different than it did. Where you at lawrence kenshin?

12. Monte Moku

Monte Moku Lurking, mainly

Besides the punches, Rodthung is a product of the stadium Muay Thai circuit, he is to kicks what any pro Boxer is to their hands and Tenshin went to blows with him. That being said, I still concede that Floyd has way better hands than Rodthung could dream of and the KO wasn't really far-fetched, I just didn't expect Floyd to try to spark him so quickly. The only other outcome I saw was it just being a little show and Floyd cruising to an easy decision; I'm happy he went with the more entertaining route.

I know who Lawrence Kenshin is and I sometimes watch his videos, but I'm not sure I understand the question you asked about him.

13. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

Simple man, I was being a smart ass and poking fun. Tenshin is clearly a magnificent talent but Tenshin and many other kickboxing and Muay Thai bloggers have propped him up as some kind of messiah. I know that hyperboly in headlines get clicks but the whole Tenshin thing wore on a bit thick dude. But in all fairness to Tenshin he is a phenomenal natural talent and I hope he uses this to get better and got a good pay day.

Monte Moku likes this.
  14. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

Lawrence Kenshin never said he'd beat Floyd
    Lee Wylie did say Canelo would beat Floyd though, that was pretty embarrassing

executionermma likes this.
  15. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

For some reason I read Rodhung as Ruenroeng.

16. Blazeblack

Blazeblack Blue Belt

No I was poking at the Tenshin hype train in general which in my opinion got way out of hand. As far as I know only people on message boards thought he had any real chance against Floyd.

17. Stormtrooper85

Stormtrooper85 Brown Belt

Hopefully this teaches people your favorite Kickboxer/MMMA fighter can't box.
    Tenshin looked hilariously bad crying like that. These kids gotta stop thinking their undefeated streak make them Floyd. It's silliness

18. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

There are a handful of muay thai fighters that have succeeded in boxing though. Just not on the level of Mayweather

19. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

Where you at @Yodsanan? You went to boxing forum and made claim about how well Tenshin would do. Where you at motherfxxxxxx?

/s Joke, I dont think anyone really sees early knockout coming.

There are two main things we learned today.
    1. Weight class exists for a reason
    2. Don't believe all the boxing hype about Tenshin you read on Wikipedia. I believe he could become a world champ, but he is not as good as Inoue, Lomachenko, etc.
    I watch all the preview shows of this fight, and the Japanese media was hyping Tenshin as someone who could easily hop in and become Japanese boxing GOAT with Linares saying that he is really similar to Lomachenko and would want Tenshin to be his sparing partner if he would ever rematch to p4p#1.
    3. Floyd clearly wanted to carry Tenshin until the end of the exhibition, but the moment Tenshin threw a haymaker, Floyd went probably 5-10%? and Tenshin just got destroyed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  20. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

Serious thought though, does this change how you think Floyd VS Tenshin would go under full kickboxing rule set?

I still think Tenshin could beat Floyd under kickboxing rule, but I definitely underestimate Floyd's punching power against a guy 4 weight class below him.