Mayweather makes more than entire UFC roster combined this year?

I guess I'm the only one but I just don't give two flying fucks what Floyd makes. To me and this is what gripes my ass so much, How much a person makes doesn't mean shit when we are talking who can or could kick who's ass. I mean we are on a message board that is dedicated to combat sports, not the forbes list or something. If Floyd makes 5 billion dollars a year, it still doesn't change the fact that he would get murdered by damn near every MMA fighter in the UFC today (and yes that includes Ronda).

Floyd makes more money than EHonda Rousey and would "kick her ass" in a fight.

Im not sure didn't do the math but it sure as hell seems like it, gotta be embarassing for the UFC either way, one dude making more money than almost 500? fighters combined. Is Floyd just smarter than every fighter on the UFC roster perhaps?

Embarrassing ? It's called free enterprise. They are raking it in.
It's on the fighters to get a bigger slice of the pie.

No, he's not smarter. Boxing fans are more gullible.

Embarrassing ? It's called free enterprise. They are raking it in.
It's on the fighters to get a bigger slice of the pie.

No, he's not smarter. Boxing fans are more gullible.

I guess we've already established most MMA fans (at least on here) stream, so that part may be true.

The same cannot be said for Ronda Rousey and the women divisions of the UFC. Yes, both divisions.

Neither can it be said for the men's divisions.

Jon Jones' brothers are B-level athletes (i.e. nobodies in the NFL). Jon Jones is a B-/C+ level athlete, basically the male equivalent of Rousey.

Mayweather makes 5x more than AAA world wide soccer stars. Mayweather with 3 second training would destroy Rousey. Mayweather with 30 min training would destroy Jones (only because he's a man and bigger).

I guess I'm the only one but I just don't give two flying fucks what Floyd makes. To me and this is what gripes my ass so much, How much a person makes doesn't mean shit when we are talking who can or could kick who's ass. I mean we are on a message board that is dedicated to combat sports, not the forbes list or something. If Floyd makes 5 billion dollars a year, it still doesn't change the fact that he would get murdered by damn near every MMA fighter in the UFC today (and yes that includes Ronda).

If we're talking about who could kick who's ass, everyone below 170lb shouldn't be up for discussion considering even the low ranked HW's murder them in seconds.

but Rhonda makes more than him per second, so.... check and mate!

Mayweather also made more than every boxer combined (without Pacquiao)

He also made more in one year than the yearly payroll of an entire NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL franchise.

Mayweather makes more than anybody, this thread is dumb.

Mayweather also made more than every boxer combined (without Pacquiao)

He also made more in one year than the yearly payroll of an entire NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL franchise.

Mayweather makes more than anybody, this thread is dumb.

edit: MY bad, i thought you suggested that he made more than the entire NFL roster.

People don't understand. Mayweather owns the promotion company that puts on his fights. He is the boss, the Fertittas+Dana White+Joe Silva+the fighter all in one. He picks who he fights and when. While UFC fighters are sucking ass to Dana and Reebok for leftovers Floyd owns the whole show and wears clothes with his name on it.

Just to piss off the paupers:

If we're talking about who could kick who's ass, everyone below 170lb shouldn't be up for discussion considering even the low ranked HW's murder them in seconds.

Yeah probably true but that's not the point here. First off we are talking boxer vs MMartist. Second and the main point I was trying to make is "So what on who makes more"? That's what 99% of the mayweather arguers like to throw out there first and foremost. Just who the fuck cares? Obviously many do but that doesn't have one bit of meaning when talking about who wins and why. I mean in that line of thinking we would be saying Serena Williams should also smoke Ronda cause she makes so much more, right? Money don't mean nothing when we are talking who wins in a combat sport.

Ronda has never and will never make Mayweather type money. Won't even come close. Hell no one else either probably will. Is he a spectacular business man, Yes he's awesome. But that doesn'tmean anything at all when discussing who would win. Now I made myself a promise a few weeks back I am not getting into any more arguments or discussions about the proposed meeting of the two because frankly it's stupid. The fight will never take place so what does any of our speculations do? But I do wish the people who do want to continue to talk it over would leave the freakin money out of it because it doesn't mean a damn thing.

That's how boxing works, they promote themselves or join up with people like de la hoya and reap the profits. Zuffa and the UFC took control of MMA when they captured PRIDE and turned it into a combat sports league, that most casuals still don't really care about. And now they force everyone to wear those ugly ass 'fight kits' so everyone looks the same, no personality, limited hype controlled by Zuffa, those youtube videos all designed and created by Zuffa. It's their way or the highway.

That's how boxing works, they promote themselves or join up with people like de la hoya and reap the profits. Zuffa and the UFC took control of MMA when they captured PRIDE and turned it into a combat sports league, that most casuals still don't really care about. And now they force everyone to wear those ugly ass 'fight kits' so everyone looks the same, no personality, limited hype controlled by Zuffa, those youtube videos all designed and created by Zuffa. It's their way or the highway.

Very rarely do boxers at his level promote themselves. They get hooked up with sleazy promoters like Don King who rob them blind at every chance. Floyd is certainly unique in the scale of his productions, the control he has over his productions, and the money he makes.

Naw... Floyd would make more per second if he could actual finish someone. Too bad every fight he has goes to the end of time... and it feels like it literally does.

Bragging about making more per second when someone else make more overall per fight...Is like being 100% happy you got 2nd or in Ronda's case 3rd place....

Mayweather IS Dana when he fights. He fights, he puts together the card, he hand picks and pays the opposition, he collects the PPV shares, he puts together the venue and everything else.

Mayweather is basically what Dana would be if Dana was fighting in the ring himself. Mayweather makes tons, the other fighters don't make nearly as much.

Here's an inside look to how Mayweather actually makes his money (it's NOT as a fighter, it's as a Promoter).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...yd-mayweather-produces-boxings-biggest-fights

And that $300M figure is a gross figure for his promotion company. IE, before he pays out for everything else and takes his own cut.

Oh, and the current odds on Mayweather-Berto are floating around 40-1. Try finding an MMA fight with THOSE kinds of odds...

The rubbish pay is why this sport is ultimately doomed to fail or at least wont grow into the sport it could be.

Mayweather earns the money he earns cos he deserves it. To be at the highest level in boxing takes more talent than it does in MMA.

The best talent is always going to head where the money is. MMA right now is mostly an outlet for less talented dreamers to have a go.

He's the highest paid athlete in any sport lol

Of course, this thread is filled with UFC bashers that are going to talk about "A-level athletes" and shit.

He's the highest paid athlete in any sport lol

Of course, this thread is filled with UFC bashers that are going to talk about "A-level athletes" and shit.

I cant really think of any A-Level athletes in mma right now.

You could arguably make a case for Jon Jones and GSP but they arent in the sport at this moment in time.

Last edited:
Back