Mayweather makes more than entire UFC roster combined this year?

Huh? Was he going to call Dana a bad promotor while NOT discussing him? That sounds incredible stupid to say the least.

I didn't just mean in this thread, I mean on this site. Dana has us talking... about him, his company, it's fighters and the cards.... I just find it ironic that one would say that giving our current surroundings (Sherdog)

I am pretty sure Mayweather made more money in his last fight than the entire UFC roster has since the organization's inception lmao.

Mayweather is the biggest fighting star in UFC conversations. Mayweather makes UFC popular without even fighting in the org. :icon_chee

Lmao. That weak ass jab that beat Pacquiao who was a tougher fight than anyone Ronda has ever faced, by a mile. Ronda doesn't want tough fights hence why the Bethe fight was made.

The jab beat Pac? Whaaaaa? Go fucking look at Pac's face after that fight and tell me that Floyd 'beat' him with it.... he may have won using it but he hasn't 'beaten' any fighter with that weak punch.

Rhonda doesn't want tough fights??? What tough fight is out there for her? There is NO ONE who can give her a tough fight, I am not sure how you equate that her not wanting one.

Ronda is so much better because there's probably like 200 women in her division worldwide total.

pretty sure the talent at 147 in men's boxing worldwide is WAY deeper than the 135 division in WMMA. im not referring to the ability to make money...im talking about actual athletic talent in the respective sport divisions.

Great... does not change the fact she makes more per second in the ring than Floyd

I've always found it hilarious how people don't realize the longer the sport has generally been around equates to more respect more money more fans. Boxing while nothing like it was is the quintessential combat sport

Great... does not change the fact she makes more per second in the ring than Floyd

So professional fighters are just sitting on their ass the months leading to their fight? Their training IS work, and Ronda puts in as much time as Mayweather. Its like saying a Lawyer is only paid for the time in the courtroom. The courtroom, ring or cage is where they present the fruits of their labor.

That makes zero sense..... Floyd is evenly matched with all his opponents that why he can't finish anyone. Rhonda is so much better than everyone else she ends them when she wants.

Floyd couldn't knock out a drunk pig stuck in the mud. But I bet he would give it a lovely massage with his weak ass jab

Yeah, because fighting Manny fucking Pacman is the same as fighting Betch Correa.

The jab beat Pac? Whaaaaa? Go fucking look at Pac's face after that fight and tell me that Floyd 'beat' him with it.... he may have won using it but he hasn't 'beaten' any fighter with that weak punch.

Rhonda doesn't want tough fights??? What tough fight is out there for her? There is NO ONE who can give her a tough fight, I am not sure how you equate that her not wanting one.

lol, are you one of those people who thinks that the jab is useless (like the man in your av)?

He knows how to market himself. Dana doesn't know how to market anyone besides 2 fuggin fighters. Dana is a bad promoter. He only markets the brand itself. People need to know about the fighters. This isn't football, where the sport sells itself, and kids are growing up playing it, and it's deeply embedded in the American psyche.

TLDR; Dana's promoting the sport like a team sport, and not like the individual sport it is. Jon Jones should be the biggest star by now, but Dana sucks at promoting him, unless his fight is coming up.

the uniforms are a prime example of them wanting to promote the brand and not the fighters.

Mayweather made more this year than the entire UFC has paid out since it started.

I guess I'm the only one but I just don't give two flying fucks what Floyd makes. To me and this is what gripes my ass so much, How much a person makes doesn't mean shit when we are talking who can or could kick who's ass. I mean we are on a message board that is dedicated to combat sports, not the forbes list or something. If Floyd makes 5 billion dollars a year, it still doesn't change the fact that he would get murdered by damn near every MMA fighter in the UFC today (and yes that includes Ronda).

Back