Maycee Barber: Is her stock up or down?

How have your feelings about Maycee changed?

• Total voters
same as before. I don't care.

Roxanne has been fighting for over a decade... and was getting reversed by a girl with no ACL who has been fighting 2 years lol. Both of them would get lit up by Val.

Zhang probably KOs both of them too.

dude, roxanne dominated maycee, both in the standup and on the ground....mayce reversed a couple of times for like 20 seconds, then roxanne reversed right back and was on her 95% of the round...all this before her knee went...mayce was getting mauled long before her knee went.

Lol @ conversation about a WMMA fighter being meaningful.
<DirkMavs>

I must admit, i was cheering roxanne on. I didn't take my usual bathroom, pizza, chinese delivery break, that i usually take during wmma fights. I wanted to see maycee get her ass kicked and she did...

I've disliked her hypetrain since the time she weighed in at 123.4 for a 115 pound fight against Mallory Martin at LFA. Nothing that's happened since has changed my opinion.

I must admit, i was cheering roxanne on. I didn't take my usual bathroom, pizza, chinese delivery break, that i usually take during wmma fights. I wanted to see maycee get her ass kicked and she did...
I agree, the only time WMMA is worth watching is to see a hype job like Ronda or Bucky Barbers daughter get debunked.

I'm not sure about the whole "women should be quiet" and not express themselves thing there @bigconan

and I'm the farthest thing from a feminist "cuck" snowflake, etc etc. Trust me.

Maycee Barber sucks dick (figuratively and I assume literally) but let's not make her wear a hijab and stone her to death for talking without asking permission first, jesus lmao.
What big Conan said was dead on. There’s a difference between speaking and being an obnoxious loudmouth. Women should strive to be ladies, not try to act like men.

I agree, the only time WMMA is worth watching is to see a hype job like Ronda or Bucky Barbers daughter get debunked.

imagine growing up with a name bucky barbers...haha....that guy must have been tormented in school...haha

Her ego will not let her let the tear heal completely. She will retear it and end her career.

Idk maybe I'm being too harsh I'm not in the cage but I have to question the veracity of women's belts in BJJ from what I've seen. Demi Lovato for example (lmao) has a blue belt. Now I don't know for sure but I would bet a ton of money any average+ athletic male training for a month or so who weighed 10-15 lbs less would just fold her.

You're not wrong to question them, because a lot of the BJJ belts are questionable. One of my childhood friends is a BJJ black belt and instructor at a grappling gym, one of the things he's noticed is that there's a much larger variation in the skill level at a given belt among women than there is with men. With men, when a purple belt joins the gym he can just put him in with the rest of the purples and 9/10 times he'll be just fine. With women, he says the variation is so bad that they have to pretty much give them a placement test when they start since they're often way off from where their belt says they should be.

When I was a kid in TKD we had a similar problem but not as bad. My BJJ buddy calls it "pretty girl promotion", and yeah, it's real.

imagine growing up with a name bucky barbers...haha....that guy must have been tormented in school...haha
It was probably not that uncommon of a name at his trailer park, his neighbours were probably named Cody and Tristan, and I imagine the girls had the typical stripper names like Dakota and Madison.

She was Ronda Jr. well before this fight. On record as saying she wants to be and will be the biggest star in UFC history. Bigger than Ronda, Conor, Jones etc.

Fuck the hell off and win fights get your head out of the clouds. Focus on your craft not on the external reward shit.

She's a dumbass. I think she fights mad and I like that style but that loss was a very bad one.

f*cking Ben Askren on her corner. That man doesnt belong to UFC and he ruins everything he touchs.

You're not wrong to question them, because a lot of the BJJ belts are questionable. One of my childhood friends is a BJJ black belt and instructor at a grappling gym, one of the things he's noticed is that there's a much larger variation in the skill level at a given belt among women than there is with men. With men, when a purple belt joins the gym he can just put him in with the rest of the purples and 9/10 times he'll be just fine. With women, he says the variation is so bad that they have to pretty much give them a placement test when they start since they're often way off from where their belt says they should be.

When I was a kid in TKD we had a similar problem but not as bad. My BJJ buddy calls it "pretty girl promotion", and yeah, it's real.

Yeah I figured. And also a big factor besides the "pretty girl" promotion is the fact that there's the "MMA promotion" or "UFC promotion".

I feel like BJJ gyms give promotions to someone based on their MMA success a lot, I can't think of exact examples but I recall many UFC fighters getting their purple-brown-black belts in the cage or gym after subbing someone in an MMA match. Which when you think of it really doesn't make a ton of sense.

Another issue I would assume is that women don't have good rolling partners really because let's face it...90-99% of guys in the gym are going to be physically stronger and more athletic.

Maycee Barber got her blue belt at age 15 (and was teaching classes posing as a black belt)...how long did it take her to achieve that? I bet she got that within 3-6 months or something.

From a quick google search it appears Barber is a blue belt, 3 stripes whatever that means...never did stripes, still. So it's been 5-7 years since she was a blue belt...yet she has fought AM, turned Pro, and made it into the UFC and is still a blue belt? That seems ridiculous to me. Did she simply not train this whole time? Even for a blue belt she looked horrible on the ground quite frankly.

All I know is...

G5yJxavc.jpg
frankie_muniz.jpg

Originally after the fight, before she started talking, I was impressed. A young kid with a partial ACL rip. She’s still pulling reversals and hanging in their with a long time Vet known for putting away new kids on the block. And she hung. She did ok. She ultimately lost, but she impressed me because of her durability and toughness given the circumstances. I said in the PBP: “wow, she got a fan in me today. I’ll be watching her next bouts for sure”.

Then, she touched the mic. Disrespectful. Blunders a bit. I’m willing to let it slide. Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”. She went from gaining me as a fan, to completely turning me off completely. What are your thoughts? How do you feel about her now?

I wanted to like her because If I have to watch WMMA, I'd rather watch girls that go in with bad intentions as opposed to the 85% that don't. She's got terrible technique in the octagon and horrendous mic skills outside. I'm not sure if she's trying too hard or if she's just the female Kevin Lee.

Roxy bless.

She'll heal up and be fine and comeback to a weak division. Top 5, Top 3 is not out of reach for her.

And just when I wanted to believe your claim that you’re not the sjw cuck type, you pull the biggest white knight line of them all.

“Duhhh you guys are just not secure enough with your sexuality to embrace a strong woman, bla bla...”.

No it’s that I think certain types of characteristics in a female are corrosive to families and the development of children and societies in general, and the more meek men capitulate to it the more hopeless our situation gets. I know you’re just trying to be balanced and sound manly yet progressive at the same time, but trust me bro you wanna stay as far away from these types of women as possible. Let them think and say what they want, but never let them get their hooks in you, never let them get pregnant with you, in fact never give them anything even if you think you want to. Let their pussies dry up and let them go extinct so humanity can start again without them, it’s for the best.

{<jordan}
<{MingNope}>

And just when I wanted to believe your claim that you’re not the sjw cuck type, you pull the biggest white knight line of them all.

“Duhhh you guys are just not secure enough with your sexuality to embrace a strong woman, bla bla...”.

No it’s that I think certain types of characteristics in a female are corrosive to families and the development of children and societies in general, and the more meek men capitulate to it the more hopeless our situation gets. I know you’re just trying to be balanced and sound manly yet progressive at the same time, but trust me bro you wanna stay as far away from these types of women as possible. Let them think and say what they want, but never let them get their hooks in you, never let them get pregnant with you, in fact never give them anything even if you think you want to. Let their pussies dry up and let them go extinct so humanity can start again without them, it’s for the best.

I'm really not trying to sound like anything and I have no allegiance to any group or political affiliation. It's just how I feel, but Conan clarified a bit on his stance, and whatever everyone has their own tastes. Fair enough. I think the last bit was over the top but I'm not going to change your views on life and I'm not going to try.

Back