Maycee Barber: Is her stock up or down?

How have your feelings about Maycee changed?

• Total voters
She lost every round, including before the injury, against a huge underdog that was up to +700 with some bookies, then looked like an asshole by grabbing the mic and making things about her. I don't understand how anyone can see it in any positive way for Barber.

I kinda think it's the same.

Roxy been in the game for a long time fighting at 135 and 125. With the experience she have, her winning really shouldn't be a surprise. Plus I give Maycee credit for fighting through a torn acl. Still, the way she and her dad was acting after the lost was a bit dickish but whatever. She also needs to work on that ground game.

Roxy was lighting her up before the injury. I love it when a hype train gets derailed.

She lost a lot of hype for sure her stock dropped big time.

She's come across as an entitled brat from the first time I saw her on the Contender Series, and the more I saw of her and learned about her the more I disliked her. This is a person who's never had to work hard for anything in her life and had everything given to her, and it shows.

I usually don't care about personality but she's been annoying since I first heard her talk. She was an almost 10-1 favorite so her stock plummeted drastically when it comes to ability and potential (not that she doesn't have big potential). Stock wise when it comes to likeability, it'll continue to go down as she gets more well known if she continues the way she is. She's just a kid so maybe she'll turn that aspect around. Roxy's incredibly come into her own at 37.
<mma4> Bang on buddy ! Exactly I feel

I still like her more than before the fight. I still don't actually like her though.

She seems like a profoundly unlikeable person, although I respect her toughness and will to win.

I had hoped that the loss would humble her a bit, but it seems she will need to lose another one. I think she is surrounded by Yes-men, mainly her father.

Her father's name is Bucky, BTW.
Bucky Barber.
<36>

“We all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”.

Did she really said that?

What makes it worse is she was losing pretty badly before the injury

Don't forget that she also impersonated a BJJ black belt to teach kids BJJ.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/teen...elts-teach-jiu-jitsu-wearing-bjj-black-belts/

Her dad also had a similar mindset as her daughter. Lost a fan. I dislike her and her family.

I wish I could find that huge thread (on another forum) where some guy went to the Barber's gym (after they posted an open invitation to the "keyboard warriors") but they wouldn't let him on the mat and basically told him to leave, then locked the door.

It might've been on the Underground.

What makes it worse is she was losing pretty badly before the injury

I really don't understand WMMA grappling or women's grappling levels in general.

Maycee Barber faked being a black belt around 6 years ago, but she was still a blue belt in BJJ. So how over the course of 6 years of training to be an MMA/UFC fighter on top of that base, is it possible for her to look like a white belt or very shitty blue belt I guess still?

Same thing with Amanda Nunes. She's a black belt in BJJ, has been for years and to be fair allegedly is legit good. How did she look like a white belt during the Carmouche fight? Why did she choose to never pass a wide open guard or half guard on multiple occasions? Carmouche shouldn't have been in the same continent as her in terms of grappling yet almost caught her in a (reverse was it?) triangle on top of Nunes never easily claiming dominant position.

Idk maybe I'm being too harsh I'm not in the cage but I have to question the veracity of women's belts in BJJ from what I've seen. Demi Lovato for example (lmao) has a blue belt. Now I don't know for sure but I would bet a ton of money any average+ athletic male training for a month or so who weighed 10-15 lbs less would just fold her.

I like Brutus the Barber Beefcake better

tenor.gif

I kinda think it's the same.

Roxy been in the game for a long time fighting at 135 and 125. With the experience she have, her winning really shouldn't be a surprise. Plus I give Maycee credit for fighting through a torn acl. Still, the way she and her dad was acting after the lost was a bit dickish but whatever. She also needs to work on that ground game.

I mean it definitely should come as a surprise considering the odds were massively favoring Barber.

Also the ground game thing...Barber was a blue belt (posing as a black belt at times) when she was 15 apparently. She's 21 now. I just can't wrap my brain around how he inept she was on the ground considering that...did she get a gifted blue belt and then barely train for 6 years? Just confused here.

Originally after the fight, before she started talking, I was impressed. A young kid with a partial ACL rip. She’s still pulling reversals and hanging in their with a long time Vet known for putting away new kids on the block. And she hung. She did ok. She ultimately lost, but she impressed me because of her durability and toughness given the circumstances. I said in the PBP: “wow, she got a fan in me today. I’ll be watching her next bouts for sure”.

Then, she touched the mic. Disrespectful. Blunders a bit. I’m willing to let it slide. Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”. She went from gaining me as a fan, to completely turning me off completely. What are your thoughts? How do you feel about her now?

there is nothing she can say now...she lost the fight...end of story...she was getting mauled even before her knee went....she was getting beat in both the standup and on the ground...all this before her knee went...so she can make all the excuses she wants...she didn't lose cause of her knee....cause she was already getting beat, before the knee went. she can't handle the fact that she lost to someone that has almost as many losses as wins...but yet she still got whooped....

Back