Maybe a Rousey hiatus is the best

6 wins in the UFC and she should retire? Nothing left for her to do? There is Holm, there is Cyborg. Maybe even Pena.

I guess so should Weidman. He has 9 wins and already beat the GOAT.

Pena is not ready yet, not even close

Holm still needs at minimum 2 more fights to be built up and that may take some time and even then we don't know how she will do, she hasn't looked that good

Cyborg is the only fight that makes sense after Tate but if she can't make the weight then Rousey has no one relevant to fight and might as well retire and move on with her life to pursue other business ventures that will make her money and not take a toll on her health.

6 wins in the UFC and she should retire? Nothing left for her to do? There is Holm, there is Cyborg. Maybe even Pena.

I guess so should Weidman. He has 9 wins and already beat the GOAT.

Holm not even ranked
Cyborg is not even in UFC nor in the same weight class
Pena is ranked 12....

I mean if you have to fight the same opponent thrice..tht means there are no more competition. Weidman still have a few left. Only other person I can think of is Mighty Mouse who cleared out his division. TJ is a new champ. Aldo can say the same if he beats McGoat.

Not gonna happen.

The UFC is dependent on Rousey considering no other champ draws in fans like her.

If she takes time off, the UFC will pay for it ultimately.

Why hasn't Cat fought or have a fight scheduled?

Rousey and Tate has fought twice this year with another fight probably in December or January. But Zingano has nothing and no rumors of any fights.

This is what I mean, the UFC has no interest in building that division at all.

I agree they should be putting those girls to work more. I think it's a damn shame when you have a perfectly healthy fighter sitting on the sidelines beggin for a fight.

anybody saying she should retire is on crazy pills

she needs o keep getting paid while she can

isn't like she is gonna get brain damage when she is fighting a bunch of pillow fisted cans in wmma

I'm not serious about Rousey retiring/leaving but the BW division is all f***ed up.

J

No way that she takes a break.

Athletic careers are already short and Rousey's will be even shorter as she's already mapped out a Hollywood exit. Rousey is going to get in as many fights as she can before her exit.

Rousey is looking to make the most money possible. The UFC is looking to make the most money possible. They'll keep lining up fights as fast as they can make them.

Rousey herself has said that she wants to fight 2-3 times per year so as long as the people keep paying, Dana will keep putting bodies in front of her. It's not as if Dana is going to say, "No, I don't want to sell 700k-1M+ PPV's this month!"

The only thing that would change if Rousey took a hiatus is you'd have a paper champion. The women would still be training about the same amount of time and would actually get LESS exposure than they do now.

Sure, there'd be a new woman's champion, but how many eyeballs do you think would really be on her? Even being a challenger to Rousey nets you far more eyeballs than you would probably get if you were the champ while Rousey was on the sidelines.

If Rousey takes a break it's because she has a film schedule. Expecting her to take a hiatus for no reason is just silly.

Back